SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#274003 - 10/17/09 02:17 PM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
Dnj Offline

And when your finished with the sustain pedal.......

make you own keyboard next!
http://www.headfuzz.co.uk/?q=midihack

#274004 - 10/17/09 02:37 PM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
Any momentary contact switch and some sort of holder/enclosure for it would certainly last longer underfoot than a CD jewel case.

The old rubber door stop makes a dandy and inexpensive footswitch case. Punch a hole in the top and install a momentary pushbutton switch.

In a real emergency, you could use a doorbell button.

All out emergency, get a spring loaded clothespin and wrap the paperclips around each tip for normally closed operation, around the tips for normally open. This too will last much longer than a jive A$$ /CD Jewel Case. Heck, those things break at the hinge when you just leave 'em sitting on the shelf. My big foot would crush one on the first operation.
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#274005 - 10/17/09 03:02 PM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by --Mac:
Any momentary contact switch and some sort of holder/enclosure for it would certainly last longer underfoot than a CD jewel case.

The old rubber door stop makes a dandy and inexpensive footswitch case. Punch a hole in the top and install a momentary pushbutton switch.

In a real emergency, you could use a doorbell button.

All out emergency, get a spring loaded clothespin and wrap the paperclips around each tip for normally closed operation, around the tips for normally open. This too will last much longer than a jive A$$ /CD Jewel Case. Heck, those things break at the hinge when you just leave 'em sitting on the shelf. My big foot would crush one on the first operation.

or don't use one at all

#274006 - 10/17/09 06:46 PM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
--Mac Offline

When I'm playing a piano, I needs me my sustain pedal...
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#274007 - 10/17/09 07:03 PM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
It amazes me that we can even get an argument going over a silly little DIY project.

#274008 - 10/18/09 06:18 AM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
It amazes me that we can even get an argument going over a silly little DIY project.

A littlw insight.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Do-People-Argue?&id=1228525

Jerryghr

#274009 - 10/18/09 07:23 AM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
--Mac Offline

What amazes me is how fast some are wanting to call a "discussion" and argument.

Just agree with whatever, inject no insight of your own, go along with whatever, is that the game?

I won't play.

--Mac

#274010 - 10/18/09 02:31 PM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by --Mac:
What amazes me is how fast some are wanting to call a "discussion" and argument.

--Mac

The difference, I think, is in the tone or inflections buried in the response. And although we THINK we are invisible behind the cyber-wall, in fact, we aren't. We communicate almost daily, more than some of us communicate with our spouses or kids, and the more we do, the better we are able to read these tiny inflections. Truth is, we know each other better than we think (and probably more than we should). These 'cyber-relationships' are very similar to normal relationships, in that we seek out as friends those with whom we share similar values, similar interests, similar tastes, and similar intellects. Within every cyber-community such as Synthzone, there is an 'eHarmony' at work. There are some that see any hint of disharmony as a threat to the commune and want it immediately squelched. Others see this as a normal part of large group dynamics and, in fact, how many perfectly harmonious REAL families do we know? I think Nigel has an uncanny sense of what is and is not out-of-bounds and 'governs' accordingly.

This has gotten a little off track but I basically agree with MAC that we are sometimes a little too quick on the trigger when defining that transition from 'discussion' to 'argument'. On inner-city basketball courts, the common response to a claim of being fouled, is "I don't see no blood".

chas

#274011 - 10/18/09 04:30 PM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
Dnj Offline

Wow what a great Sustain pedal eh? It will work well when playing
1,2, Cha, Cha, Cha,

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-18-2009).]

#274012 - 10/18/09 10:06 PM Re: Make your own sustain pedal...
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
If you can't afford a sustain pedal, it's unlikely you can afford the arranger to stick it in...

What's wrong Diki with that peddle looks like it was designed and produced by K*****N for the A****A, it's probably more reliable.Wonder if it will work on my Bontempi or Clavoline.

PS this site was much better when Auyda was Tosh!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online