SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#273806 - 10/16/09 12:18 PM Re: Bosi it is!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Who's blasting? I don't suppose ANYONE noticed that I was first in line recommending that zuki drop the SRM150's and get a stereo Compact system. For what he tends to do, they will work out great.

All I have been trying to do is get SOMEONE to quantify the difference between the Compact and the larger L1 system (and other, more powerful systems). Everybody notes there's a difference. But what EXACTLY is that difference?

BTW, still 'no comment' from Mr Pesce about all his posts 'blasting' the Bose during HIS time of doubt? Mind you, OF COURSE his doubts were legitimate during that time, but now HE has his mind made up, no one else should entertain them? The 'real deal' has spoken... get in line or be ridiculed, folks!

#273807 - 10/16/09 12:36 PM Re: Bosi it is!
Dnj Offline

Now now dike calm down...at the time the Bose L1 original came to market I bought one used it extensively and although I enjoyed the sound...I didn't like carrying all the pieces that go with it and setting it up for all my in & out small NH/small gigs it was just overkill.........hence the Bose compact filled that needs very well in my rig now....obviously the L1 is more powerful and has 24 speakers down the pole vs 6...but that's no surprise and the price reflects this but there are less elements to carry & lighter. If I like things I keep them, if I don't bye bye....any other questions try your crystal ball....

#273808 - 10/16/09 01:48 PM Re: Bosi it is!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Honestly the Bose is not worth close to $3000.00

for just an average sound in a MONO system nothing earth shattering though dont kid yourself if you never heard one......that any top brand PA system could accommodate easily.....I truthfully found in many time very thin when I went out in the audience back in the room.. I know many people that had to but Bigger Power subs to make em dance. It is what it is. I sold mine and never regretted it.

I forgot to bring my crystal ball... had to use the forum 'search' instead

#273809 - 10/16/09 02:29 PM Re: Bosi it is!
Dnj Offline

Correctamundo......so I also tried 2 subs after that for a few weeks too because I saw a DJ using 4 of them ....but in the end as I have stated before it was just too much gear to carry plus everything else I have. I'm happier with two powered 15's....and the BC combo for now.
Thank you for your concern. Oh that Pork Roast smells great!!

#273810 - 10/16/09 08:38 PM Re: Bosi it is!
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Jim - I hope youe you enjoy your Compact as much as I do mine. For me, live stereo is overrated because with directional speakers, many listeners can't appreciate both channels if they are not separated and placed properly. Maybe two Compacts will sound better, certain fuller - as stated earlier. I find that as long as I keep the Compact away from me I can hear what the audience hears and better evaluate my sound - and I think the sound is excellent.

#273811 - 10/17/09 10:43 PM Re: Bosi it is!
zuki Offline

Thanks Cass,

On 11/25, I go back to a retirement facility that has a Bose Compact system. I finally get to check a Bosi out! Can't wait. For now, the mono IS doing just fine - beyond my expectations - you guys were right on.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online