SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#273796 - 10/15/09 04:53 PM Re: Bosi it is!
Dnj Offline

Why do you keep referencing the money factor on a piece of gear that you can enjoy transporting, having your audience & yourself love the sound quality, & on top of that make back 100 fold+ on your small investment gig after gig?....

#273797 - 10/15/09 05:25 PM Re: Bosi it is!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Why do you keep insisting that cost has NO impact whatsoever? Just pretend, just for one minute, that somebody else might NOT feel exactly the same way as you (I know it's tough, but you can do it ). Just pretend that someone else might NOT be working 24/7. Just pretend that some at SZ might not be able to drop what they are using and pick up the most expensive thing on the market. Just pretend that, after buying the most expensive small PA on the planet, they might not actually make any MORE than they were with the old one (did your fees go up now you have the S910? Didn't think so ). So where is this EXTRA money coming from?

Tooth fairy?

I guess it depends on your priorities. eh? For SOME here, food and shelter factor into it. So maybe a little advice with that in mind shouldn't be so dismissed, perhaps?

#273798 - 10/15/09 05:54 PM Re: Bosi it is!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Diki ... Aren't those all questions the BUYER should answer WITHOUT help from any of us? ...
If someone needs help deciding whether to put food on the table or buy more expensive PA equipment, that person has more problems than any of us can cure ...

t.

#273799 - 10/15/09 06:17 PM Re: Bosi it is!
zuki Offline

Just ONE Bose Compact will handle everything I do, volume wise. In fact, it should do everything I have scheduled so far for 2010. However, I do want to go stereo and this would really be the ultimate setup.

The one larger job I played that I thought didn't handle too well was probably my fault. I had it directly behind me and over my head. It gave me a headache and since I followed advice to put it on the side and a bit behind, a remarkable improvement has been realized.

This is most probably the ONLY mono system I could ever live with while waiting for another speaker. In fact, I'm getting to the point that it might be good enough as a mono PA - it is that good.

It is definitely expensive, but if you throw in the cases and pole, it really doesn't make it too far out. The versatility is what's unique and separates it from the rest - very cool Bose! Tonight I just used one extension and table top - awesome.

It takes me some time to cozy in on something new, as I did with the 800. Now it's time to move ahead with what I have. Thanks fellas, I love it.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#273800 - 10/15/09 06:19 PM Re: Bosi it is!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I agree completely. But, OTOH, some of them are asking our opinions on gear. Taking ALL aspects of its' performance into account is, IMO, the way to provide an answer that transcends personal opinion.

In truth, we tend to take people who ONLY recommend the most expensive solution as a little suspect. There are LOTS of counter opinions to 'buy a Wersi' or 'buy an Audya' that don't get 'money should be of no importance' rammed down their throats. Why a PA decision should be any different is beyond me...

#273801 - 10/15/09 06:31 PM Re: Bosi it is!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:

This is most probably the ONLY mono system I could ever live with In fact, I'm getting to the point that it might be good enough as a mono PA - it is that good.

It takes me some time to cozy in on something new, as I did with the 800. Now it's time to move ahead with what I have. Thanks fellas, I love it.

Now your talking Herman

#273802 - 10/15/09 06:33 PM Re: Bosi it is!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I agree completely. But, OTOH, some of them are asking our opinions on gear. Taking ALL aspects of its' performance into account is, IMO, the way to provide an answer that transcends personal opinion.

In truth, we tend to take people who ONLY recommend the most expensive solution as a little suspect. There are LOTS of counter opinions to 'buy a Wersi' or 'buy an Audya' that don't get 'money should be of no importance' rammed down their throats. Why a PA decision should be any different is beyond me...

Somtimes even people with money are cheap

#273803 - 10/15/09 09:37 PM Re: Bosi it is!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
While I would say I'm not a wealthy person...just comfortable, I sure didn't mind dropping a chunk of change for the two Bose L1. I played in a large theatre, and required no monitors, even at the times I had a vocalist. Everyone I knew, raved about the sound quality, and how it wasn't "ear-piercing" but full and substantial.

To me, a really good PA system is not a luxury, but a necessity, and I have played through some major sound systems in my 40 plus years of being in music, and the Bose was, by far, the most exquisite PA I've ever used.

The Compacts perform the same, but at less overall level, but the quality is still there.

I can't see wasting money on an overpriced system, but, personally, I can't see money ever being wasted on Bose...they are that good.

Worth every penny, in my estimation.

Jim, you are going to love the Compacts in stereo...you will look forward to hearing your keyboard the way it was meant, and designed, to be heard...in stereo.

Sure makes the gig go a lot nicer, when you are lovin' the sound, and you have the confidence in knowing your audience is hearing you at your best.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-15-2009).]

#273804 - 10/16/09 06:07 AM Re: Bosi it is!
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Just ONE Bose Compact will handle everything I do, volume wise. In fact, it should do everything I have scheduled so far for 2010. However, I do want to go stereo and this would really be the ultimate setup.

The one larger job I played that I thought didn't handle too well was probably my fault. I had it directly behind me and over my head. It gave me a headache and since I followed advice to put it on the side and a bit behind, a remarkable improvement has been realized.

This is most probably the ONLY mono system I could ever live with while waiting for another speaker. In fact, I'm getting to the point that it might be good enough as a mono PA - it is that good.

It is definitely expensive, but if you throw in the cases and pole, it really doesn't make it too far out. The versatility is what's unique and separates it from the rest - very cool Bose! Tonight I just used one extension and table top - awesome.

Glad you listened to some of us and gave it another chance. I thought if you spent more time with it you'd really begin to like it. For as much as you work, Jim...beyond the great sound...the portability is also a huge plus.

Enjoy your new gear and have a great & safe holiday season...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#273805 - 10/16/09 06:15 AM Re: Bosi it is!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
While I would say I'm not a wealthy person...just comfortable, I sure didn't mind dropping a chunk of change for the two Bose L1. I played in a large theatre, and required no monitors, even at the times I had a vocalist. Everyone I knew, raved about the sound quality, and how it wasn't "ear-piercing" but full and substantial.

To me, a really good PA system is not a luxury, but a necessity, and I have played through some major sound systems in my 40 plus years of being in music, and the Bose was, by far, the most exquisite PA I've ever used.

The Compacts perform the same, but at less overall level, but the quality is still there.

I can't see wasting money on an overpriced system, but, personally, I can't see money ever being wasted on Bose...they are that good.

Worth every penny, in my estimation.

Jim, you are going to love the Compacts in stereo...you will look forward to hearing your keyboard the way it was meant, and designed, to be heard...in stereo.

Sure makes the gig go a lot nicer, when you are lovin' the sound, and you have the confidence in knowing your audience is hearing you at your best.

Yes, Yes.....& Yes!

also sometimes when people can't afford or think something is to expensive although they really want it they blast it....then later on come around and do what they have to to buy it anyway

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-16-2009).]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online