SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#273767 - 10/14/09 09:17 AM Deleting files/folders (Audya)
skude Offline

Hi all
This may be more a computer question.
When I first got my Audya I made a subfolder under Block registration, I used this for testing, making several block reg's. Now I want to delete the content of this folder and also the folder itself. My problem is, there are, for some reason, two files that I cannot delete. selecting delete for these files on the Audya's disk menu, nothing happens, selecting delete for the folder, message is "folder not empty". Connecting to computer doing the same,I get the message, files no longer located in registration/block, check location and try again. On registration page on Audya, the folder is empty, but in disk menu two files. These files are not SRG. (reg.files)
How can I delete these files/folder. Anyone?? Thanks!
skude

#273768 - 10/14/09 11:17 AM Re: Deleting files/folders (Audya)
Tony Hughes Offline

Skude,

Not sure what you are doing but if a directory has files in it you cannot delete it , it must be empty, also make sure that your PC is looking at all the files, including the hidden ones, there should be then no reason why you cannot delete the directory, once it is empty. Try deleting the files in the dir using the ketron buttons and then delete the directory.

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 10-14-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#273769 - 10/14/09 01:08 PM Re: Deleting files/folders (Audya)
skude Offline

Thanks Tony
Audya, Disk, find my folder, open it. two files, name- [0002] EL_PIANO STRG. and [0002] ROCK LEAD, (both the same number). Then I go to disk menu, mark the file (enter) next delete - execute. They are still there. If I select Delete folder, it says "folder not empty" If I go out of Disk and into Registration, find the same folder, open it, it says "empty folder". But it's not empty. Where the H.... came these files from. I have some programvoices with those names. If those voices were saved in a block, I really cant see why they cannot be deleted. I really dont know why they have the number [0002]

#273770 - 10/14/09 07:52 PM Re: Deleting files/folders (Audya)
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
please send me an email. dan.oneil@yahoo.com .. I may be able to help you.

#273771 - 10/15/09 01:39 PM Re: Deleting files/folders (Audya)
skude Offline

Thanks for helping Dan
I still have the problem, Could this be the problem? When I made my first block reg's in this folder, I think I picked from the single reg's that already was in the Audya, from factory. Then I deleted the single reg's that was no use for me, I did not, at that time, delete anything in Block section. Now, deleting the block reg's it cant find the source. Probably just a crazy thought. I'm not a computer guy, but I know there are many pro's on SZ. Anyone?? Thanks
skude

#273772 - 10/16/09 11:19 AM Re: Deleting files/folders (Audya)
Tony Hughes Offline

Skude,

have you looked to see if the files are read only and they are not hidden files.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online