SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#273530 - 10/09/09 08:45 AM Normal use vs. Used at gigs
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
What does "normal" use constitute? Does it mean home used only or used as a gigging instrument as well? Or are the two entirely different? Should a seller be clear about how the instrument was used?

Regards

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#273531 - 10/09/09 10:26 AM Re: Normal use vs. Used at gigs
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Yes, there is a big difference and the seller should say. (Some don't so that they can get a higher price)

#273532 - 10/09/09 11:24 AM Re: Normal use vs. Used at gigs
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I think this depends upon the individual owner(s). In my case, I perform one to three times daily, set up, tear down and transport the equipment, and every piece of equipment I own is in like new condition. No scratches, no dings, no dents, and everything works perfectly. The only indication of wear is on the protective cases, which have some minor abrasion from sliding the equipment in and out of the van and placing it on the Rock & Roller cart.

In contrast, I have friends that perform about half the number of jobs I perform and their equipment appears as if it were dragged behind their car at the end of a chain. If they owned a piece of equipment for a day, I would be reluctant to purchase it from them.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#273533 - 10/09/09 01:46 PM Re: Normal use vs. Used at gigs
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
There are gigs and there are club gigs. A lot of my older equipmwent has that nasty "club"{ smell and look. Lots of my guitars have that yellow look...particularly around any formerly white binding area. Clubs no longer allow smoking around here, but you can still tell the equipment that spent a year or longer on the stand on a House gig.

NASTY!

Russ

#273534 - 10/09/09 05:46 PM Re: Normal use vs. Used at gigs
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
Any description from any seller means whatever that seller is trying to convey.

Whether or not there is any truth to whatever the seller says is the real question.

Caveat Emptor, don't buy if you can't try.
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#273535 - 10/09/09 05:56 PM Re: Normal use vs. Used at gigs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Little tough, on Ebay...!

Insist on photographs if you are unsure, get a return policy, only buy from sellers with impeccable feedback...

#273536 - 10/09/09 08:45 PM Re: Normal use vs. Used at gigs
Taike Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Little tough, on Ebay...!

Insist on photographs if you are unsure, get a return policy, only buy from sellers with impeccable feedback...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130336122035&ssPageName=STRK:MESEL X:IT

But I wonder why he changed it. Prior to this thread it stated "normal" use. Obviously it's his gigging keyboard.

Abacus, I agree with you.

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

[This message has been edited by Taike (edited 10-09-2009).]

#273537 - 10/09/09 08:59 PM Re: Normal use vs. Used at gigs
Dnj Offline

The only thing obvious is that you don't know squat...this year I bought two S900's one was for a backup ...Mikey Maestros & one from Frankieve...so tell me Mr know it all which one is this?
Keep out of my business please.

#273538 - 10/09/09 09:27 PM Re: Normal use vs. Used at gigs
Taike Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
The only thing obvious is that you don't know squat...this year I bought two S900's one was for a backup ...Mikey Maestros & one from Frankieve...so tell me Mr know it all which one is this?
Keep out of my business please.

Public forum. Dig?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online