SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#273016 - 10/04/09 06:18 AM AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
necdetdoni Offline

Loc: Antalya / Turkey
after midi file editing just pressed to save button..

[This message has been edited by necdetdoni (edited 10-04-2009).]

#273017 - 10/04/09 06:43 AM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by necdetdoni:
after midi file editing just pressed to save button..

[This message has been edited by necdetdoni (edited 10-04-2009).]

What should he screen look like at this point,did it lock up on you or could you get out with a few button pushes.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#273018 - 10/04/09 07:35 AM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
What should he screen look like at this point,did it lock up on you or could you get out with a few button pushes.

Tony

The entire top of the screen is blank and I'll take a guess at what's at the bottom shoudn't be there either.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 10-04-2009).]

#273019 - 10/04/09 09:25 AM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
Dnj Offline

Is Don M the only one in the world with a good working Audya?

#273020 - 10/04/09 09:50 AM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Is Don M the only one in the world with a good working Audya?

Give me his Audya and you'll see how good it is.

#273021 - 10/04/09 09:58 AM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
leezone Offline

you will never know how fast your car can go if you don't floor it :-)

is that what you mean Nedim?

#273022 - 10/04/09 10:02 AM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
you will never know how fast your car can go if you don't floor it :-)

is that what you mean Nedim?

I'd say it's more like you never know if the breaks work if you don't press them.

Nedim would be someone well suited to beta testing. Clearly KETRON are not getting the feedback they need from all or some of the existing beta testers.

It's very late in the life of this keyboard to be still seeing major issues like this.

#273023 - 10/04/09 10:36 AM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I hate to say this, but you are doing Don a big disservice by even THINKING that he doesn't use the Audya fully when he plays...

Come on, James! Do you HONESTLY think that Don never hits the Fill buttons?

You know, I am STILL waiting for anyone with an Audya to post a clear, step by step repro of a crash you can make happen EVERY TIME. It's all very well to go 'I pushed some buttons and it crashed', but that doesn't help ANYONE, not even yourself!

Which buttons? In what order? How fast did you press them? What were you doing while you pressed them? Was the arranger running or in pause? Do the crashes happen only when transposed? Do they only happen on certain styles..?

I know it's a pain, and you MIGHT feel it isn't your responsibility to even have to help track these things down, but I can tell you from experience, doing this in an organized fashion (try to think like a software engineer, NOT a musician - that's who you are trying to help, anyway ) will net results a LOT faster than these nebulous claims that not everyone seems to get.

At this point, and knowing that you MIGHT get a crash or a problem at any time, you really ought to start taking GREAT care to try to remember what you are doing at all times you are messing with the Audya. Then, when a crash occurs, you will be able to say 'I was doing THIS, then I did THAT, then I did THAT, and it crashed'... Then, you can repeat the EXACT same sequence, and see if it happens again.

Once you can get a clear set of repeatable steps that always cause a crash, you can report this to Ketron, and, even more important, avoid doing those exact steps that causes the problem, and perhaps find a workaround for the function that doesn't crash...

Unless you go through this procedure, you are going to be always gun shy as you play the Audya, and the Ketron development geeks will be in the dark when only given uninformative posts like 'I pushed some buttons and it crashed'.

Help THEM to help YOU...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 10-04-2009).]

#273024 - 10/04/09 10:41 AM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
Nedim Offline

I didnt mean to say something to doubt Don's testing or knowledge...all i mean is that if
i PUSH that machine there is no way in HELL that i wouldnt come out with at least 10-15
bugs that will bother anyone. And by pushing i mean REAL pushing, not just pressing FillIns.

#273025 - 10/04/09 10:45 AM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
Nedim Offline

And just to remind you something: All of us are talking just about some stupid SURFACE bugs
that can occure on every day bassis and just from mortal users...what happens if i really push
that thing deeper into editing? creating? Am i gonna have to kill my self over it? Or maybe it
works better when pushed deeper. The bugs being discussed on the forums i hear only about
simple stuff while playing and loading...i really wanna know what happens when this beast is
REALLY PUSHED as it supposed to be? And no, stop saying WELL WE DONT USE IT AS MUCH
and ALL WE NEED IS JUST TO PLAY WITH IT...this machine is 5000$ cuz of other features too
which are supposed to be used, not just play...you dont buy a tractor trailer to never load the
trailer, you are not gonna use it just as a TaxiCab, sometimes you need to Load the trailer.
Do i make sense? Otherwise, why pay for something you would never use? Then just get an
SD5 or...PSR3000. Its really sad watching people buy PA2X and loading PA80 styles onto it
and never ever touch any other function on the machine...3500 for these functions.
I'd love to do that to a MediaStation too, to REALLY see how powerfull it is.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 10-04-2009).]

#273026 - 10/04/09 11:12 AM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
Irishacts Offline

Diki, .... you missunderstood everything I said. My comments are not directed at Dom M at all.

My comments are directed at the poor job some or all beta testers are doing and that Nedim has the skills and knowledge to be a great beta tester.

Cheers
James.

PS: When I say Cheers I'm not implying your an alcoholic or you have somthing against alcoholics ...lol

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 10-04-2009).]

#273027 - 10/04/09 11:50 AM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
Diki Offline

No problem James... I'll drink to that!

Look, all I'm saying is that there seems to be an enormous discrepancy between those that think the Audya crashes all the time, and those that seem to be able to get on with making music on it...

What's the REAL picture..?

No offense, but I'm pretty sure that Nedim (and maybe me too!) could probably find several bugs in just about ANY arranger on the market. But the bottom line is, how mission critical are they? Can you do a gig on one? Are the bugs when editing registrations, are they when saving things, or are they bugs that happen when you simply PLAY it?

I honestly would have expected a bigger reportage of these problems if they were things that interfered grossly with normal style play. So far, it's primarily Tony, crying in the wilderness... Frankieve and Don seem to be able to make music, and Tony isn't (or you would think so, from his posts!), and that's not enough of a consensus for me...

What we need is a bit better description of what exactly is going on. Spare us the rant, and just get down to details. WHEN is it crashing, how often is it crashing, and WHY is it crashing?

#273028 - 10/04/09 12:20 PM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
Irishacts Offline

Hi Diki

Quote:
Look, all I'm saying is that there seems to be an enormous discrepancy between those that think the Audya crashes all the time, and those that seem to be able to get on with making music on it...
What's the REAL picture..?

A crash is not nessarily caused by specific function that does not work, and different users will have different levels of sucess because the cause could be a combination of things you were doing before hand that causes the system to crash.

For example, the problem in this case might have absoutly nothing to do with saving the midi file. It could have been sparked by a combination of buttons pressed elsewhere.

Quote:
No offense, but I'm pretty sure that Nedim (and maybe me too!) could probably find several bugs in just about ANY arranger on the market. But the bottom line is, how mission critical are they?

That's only because you two would be perfect beta testers though. Not everyone's is cut out for tracking down the patteren that triggers the bug. Certain people are just better at beta testing because their brains are wired differently.

Quote:
I honestly would have expected a bigger reportage of these problems if they were things that interfered grossly with normal style play. /quote]

No, not at all. Think about what I've said above.
Your usage patterns won't be the same as the next guy so while the keyboard might crash for you all the time, it maybe more stable for someone else because they are not performing the actions that trigger off the bug.

[quote]What we need is a bit better description of what exactly is going on. Spare us the rant, and just get down to details. WHEN is it crashing, how often is it crashing, and WHY is it crashing?

True, the end user should always detail what happened and what they were even doing before hand. Only when you retrace your steps will you find a pattern that causes the bug to popup. This is vital information for the programmers and the end user should make the effort and report back.

The sooner KETRON are aware of what causes the crash the sooner they can fix it.

Cheers
James

#273029 - 10/04/09 12:40 PM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi Guys,

Can I say no one however clever will ever be able to backtrack and find out what sequence of button or wheel turned cause these thinks to happen, good programs don't write software that crashes, if Microsoft did where would we be.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#273030 - 10/04/09 01:23 PM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
...... So far, it's primarily Tony, crying in the wilderness... Frankieve and Don seem to be able to make music, and Tony isn't (or you would think so, from his posts!), and that's not enough of a consensus for me...

Hmmm, that's about 1/3 or 33.33% faulty Audyas :eek
Or said is another way. 2/3 or 66.66% success
Not good enough, is it?
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#273031 - 10/04/09 01:59 PM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm just using it like I use it. I'm not TRYING to find bugs. I'm not editing midi files on it, at least yet, and I probably won't, because I seldom use midi files. I usually edit them in Midiplayer or some other program when I do.
I'm not doubting there are issues yet to be resolved, just haven't found any that have stopped me yet.
Semilive is coming over after while. He could tear up a crowbar. I'll let him play it for awhile.
DonM

#273032 - 10/04/09 06:50 PM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I dunno, seems pretty awesome to me. I love the sound, there are many styles that are GREAT, giving a live band sound. I always prefer styles to midi's if given a choice. The live band factor is strong. There are some acoustic guitar sounds that REALLY sound convincing.

Of course, there are some styles that have so-so pads or other sounds that I don't care for but you can just mute them out. I was impressed with the ease of doing a registration, editing a style and renaming it, etc. I was only there for an hour and a half and we barely touched what it can do. I saw no unexpected "problems."

As a songwriter, arrangers are inspiring to me and this one is second to none in that department. But for gigging, it should also provide a sound second to none. At least, I haven't heard one that sounded better. Plus, it has some features that are definitely awesome for gigging.

So far, so good!

#273033 - 10/04/09 08:52 PM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
Diki Offline

66% is also a veto proof majority, Nedim!

One person is doing a LOT of button pushing (but has trouble remembering what, exactly), two guys are PLAYING the Audya... and so far, having no problems.

Maybe there's a lesson to be learned?

Quit TRYING to make it crash, and start making music!

(Just joking, Tony... but there's a grain of truth to it. The ONLY thing you ever post about is making it crash. Have you actually got around to making much music yet, and are you enjoying that?)

#273034 - 10/04/09 09:56 PM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
66% is also a veto proof majority, Nedim!

One person is doing a LOT of button pushing (but has trouble remembering what, exactly), two guys are PLAYING the Audya... and so far, having no problems.

Maybe there's a lesson to be learned?

Quit TRYING to make it crash, and start making music!

(Just joking, Tony... but there's a grain of truth to it. The ONLY thing you ever post about is making it crash. Have you actually got around to making much music yet, and are you enjoying that?)

Diki,

I will leave the playing to you, do you have a website like UnionGuy where I can sample some on you playing or just bang it on YOUTUBE, incidentally no one on SZ does that, what does that indicate, I will send you one on me playing the biggest KB ever produced.
Leave the bitching to me I am an expert, hey Diki I only bitch when there is good reason to bitch, BTW the KB I am playing in the clip I will send you, I programmed it’s digital, and it don’t crash only the cymbals.

Reagrds

#273035 - 10/05/09 07:01 AM Re: AUDYA..NEW SCREEN BUG..look at the picture
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Tony,
I would look to have the dealer take the keyboard back for a diagnostic and repair and/or replacement under the warrantee. It seems that your having more problems than a few are experiencing here in the states. Since your using the PA2X now, you can part with the board for a little time. Let us know how you make out with the dealer.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 10-05-2009).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online