SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#272911 - 10/03/09 01:15 PM Re: I AM OFF NOW
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Tony,
Sorry to see that the Audya didn't work out the way you had hoped. It certainly has some nice sounds and features.

The same thing happened to me on the T2...Everytime I tried to do something I wanted...it did not have that feature...so I sold it and got the PA2XPRO..now it's just a matter of finding enough time to explore everything this baby will do...and to improve my musical skills along the way.

Actually it's more important and will make a bigger difference if I spend most of my time on musical skills!

Lee S.

#272912 - 10/03/09 02:01 PM Re: I AM OFF NOW
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
There's a difference between a product that works fine, but simply doesn't suit you, and a product that doesn't suit you because IT DOESN'T WORK...

I would still think that Tony has warranty protection for the latter.

#272913 - 10/03/09 02:33 PM Re: I AM OFF NOW
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Tony,
I'm just a bit curious, but if this did not happen when use OS2,
have you tried to downgrade to back to OS2, then skip the 3Beta,
and go stright to v3 to see if it's the same scenario?

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#272914 - 10/03/09 11:11 PM Re: I AM OFF NOW
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:

Tony,
I'm just a bit curious, but if this did not happen when use OS2,
have you tried to downgrade to back to OS2, then skip the 3Beta,
and go stright to v3 to see if it's the same scenario?

Cheers
GJ

Jonny,

I reload 2.0c on when 3.0 Beta went wild so it should be just like you loading new os3 onto 2.0C . here is a teaser for you if your Audya HD crashes and ou did not make a backup what the hell are you going to load on, all the versions from the start there are about 6 now.Make a backup no.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#272915 - 10/04/09 12:32 AM Re: I AM OFF NOW
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
.... here is a teaser for you if your Audya HD crashes and ou did not make a backup what the hell are you going to load on....

Most probably I would contact my dealer and/or Ketron to solve the HD problem.
I would suggest that Ketron ship a ready loaded HD to swap and send the one in
your Audya Back to the factory. That would be good customer care.
If that don't solve the problem, and it's hardware related, I would ask for a
new keyboard or the money back.

I'm sorry to see the problems you're having, and at the same time happy that
I've not jumped on the Audya-train ....... yet.

Cheers
GJ

#272916 - 10/04/09 04:24 AM Re: I AM OFF NOW
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:

Most probably I would contact my dealer and/or Ketron to solve the HD problem.
I would suggest that Ketron ship a ready loaded HD to swap and send the one in
your Audya Back to the factory. That would be good customer care.
If that don't solve the problem, and it's hardware related, I would ask for a
new keyboard or the money back.

I'm sorry to see the problems you're having, and at the same time happy that
I've not jumped on the Audya-train ....... yet.

Cheers
GJ

All these problems people are reading about the Audya cannot be good for Ketron....after waiting so long for it to finally arrive now have to endure these drawbacks. Do they expect people to just suck it up and hope it will get better in time or what? They should have a major RECALL of all units and get it all right.

#272917 - 10/04/09 04:52 AM Re: I AM OFF NOW
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have played mine for four days off and on, including about six hours yesterday. I have loaded midi files, text files, and some MP3s and have loaded saved registrations, saved about fifty new ones, edited a couple of sounds, tweaked the mic and vocalizer settings, hooked up a six-pedal foot switch and customized the settings, and generally jammed by myself for hours and it has been totally stable so far.
I will do more of the same Sunday and Monday. If all remains well, I'll start playing it on the job Tuesday.
It sounds amazing. Maybe Tony got a lemon.
I hope that's the case, because I would really hate to give mine up.
If it starts screwing up, I will post all details here. After reading about the problems that a couple of guys are experiencing, I was hoping for the best but expecting trouble. So far it's o.k.
Yes, there are a few things still left for Ketron to address. I know they are working on it very hard, so I trust they will get it all worked out. Of course I'll send any bug reports to AJ and Ted to relay to Ketron Italy.
DonM

#272918 - 10/04/09 05:14 AM Re: I AM OFF NOW
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
All these problems people are reading about the Audya cannot be good for Ketron....after waiting so long for it to finally arrive now have to endure these drawbacks. Do they expect people to just suck it up and hope it will get better in time or what? They should have a major RECALL of all units and get it all right.

No, it's not any good for Ketron, specially after the long hype who
made possible buyers to get some high expectations about what to come.
Also the high pricelevel should be a reason to not get a betaproduct
and be a betatester.

The big question are how many Audya sold worldwide, and how many of
these are faulty or have major problems?
Reading SZ forums, it's not many items/owners here at all, so that
would probably not qualify for a big recall.

I think Ketron should put up a forum to meet and suggest solutions to
help and solve the problems we read about.
If so, at the end, I think both Ketron and the customers would be very
pleased, customer care and aftermarket service are the key to success.

Cheers
GJ

#272919 - 10/04/09 07:10 AM Re: I AM OFF NOW
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I have played mine for four days off and on, including about six hours yesterday. I have loaded midi files, text files, and some MP3s and have loaded saved registrations, saved about fifty new ones, edited a couple of sounds, tweaked the mic and vocalizer settings, hooked up a six-pedal foot switch and customized the settings, and generally jammed by myself for hours and it has been totally stable so far.
I will do more of the same Sunday and Monday. If all remains well, I'll start playing it on the job Tuesday.
It sounds amazing. Maybe Tony got a lemon.
I hope that's the case, because I would really hate to give mine up.
If it starts screwing up, I will post all details here. After reading about the problems that a couple of guys are experiencing, I was hoping for the best but expecting trouble. So far it's o.k.
Yes, there are a few things still left for Ketron to address. I know they are working on it very hard, so I trust they will get it all worked out. Of course I'll send any bug reports to AJ and Ted to relay to Ketron Italy.
DonM

Don,

It needs to be very clear about Audya, I will try to explain, we are all running the same software, so we will all have the same faults, push button on KBs are like those on your car riadio they have button de-bounce built in and an example of this is the HARMONY button on the Audya have you notice they have changed the way the button works, it now waits for you to hold it down, the program is waiting to see if you hold it for more that 1 second if you do it will let you go to edit, this sounds dead simple and all button don't work that way, so do. Button is all Auyda is about and get things out of sync or press a set of buttons in a particular order and bang the program running the buttons crashes and locks up. All good software has WATCHDOG timers these wait for a crash and when the Watchdog timer times out it starts the program right from the beginning and we are up and running again. Sounds simple it is and I dont know how Ketron programmers work, perhaps they think you should re-boot.

If I have problems that no one else has then there are only two explanations for this, I have bad silicon in my processor which is very unusual or I have pushed buttons , turned wheels, etc that have caused the program to stop or go into an endless loop this is a crash state, from this there may be no way out other than a shut down , if there is a watchdog, it will wait for a time 1 sec or so and then the program will restart just as if you had switched of.
Don I don’t want you or anybody to have problem, perhaps I am giving the Audya the hell it deserves when I play it, i.e. pressing a lot of buttons, I have a sneaky feeling that one day you press the right sequence and the safe door will open for you too, you will turn off and just get on with playing!

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online