SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#272901 - 10/02/09 10:43 PM I AM OFF NOW
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi Guys,

It was 05:00hrs when I got up this morning and I really tried to rack my brains to think in the past 65 years of my life if I have ever come across an enigma like the Audya and I can’t. I have decided to give up and will put it where it belongs in a bag, on its end stood along-side the PA2x I play, there it will stay until I can get my music shack to sell it, if I give you the serial number watch out it may pop up over the water where you are. I have tried Guys believe me I really have, not much mechanical or electronic gets past me but this has. I am down and out so don’t anyone start kicking me.
I am going to go down in history like UniounGuy of little tenacity, beat by and Italian KB, KB I can hack but Italian, I was going to buy a Ferrari next year but sod it!
It’s been fun and nice with the repartee with you all (Diki,DonM,Frank, Unionguy,Nedim, I really love you Hanks, I watch the film THE HANKS when it’s on and get emotional about the boys that we lost and you, I was just a kid in 1945, you lost a lot of grand-dads, you never did see, just the photos. God bless America and the UK.
I will be back to talk about nice things I hope like the PA2x

Many Many regards to you all

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 10-02-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#272902 - 10/03/09 05:57 AM Re: I AM OFF NOW
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Tony-

Welcome to the club of music lovers who have met a piece of equipment that just didn't work for you.

Mine was a Korg Triton Pro-X 88...

Enjoy your Korg....

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#272903 - 10/03/09 06:11 AM Re: I AM OFF NOW
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Tony - It has to hurt to put that much money and time into a keyboard and then decide that it's not right for you. I wonder if it's too late to return it. It sounds as if you have issues with that particular board as opposed to possibly the model itself. If so, check with Ketron and see if there is a solution. Otherwise, I sympathize with you in having to put the Audya away. I've bought a couple keyboards I was sorry I purchased, but nothing quite as expensive as yours. Good luck and stick around.

#272904 - 10/03/09 08:34 AM Re: I AM OFF NOW
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tony, sorry it didn't work out.
I experienced the same thing with Korg PA800 when it first came out. I spent untold hours trying to make it work, but it never got close. I sold it before they updated the OS. I had to if I wanted to keep my job.
I've been so busy that I haven't had a lot of time to spend on setting the Audya up yet.
I haven't experienced the really bad problems you've had, although it is sometimes infuriating to wrestle with the manual.
I noticed you had 3.0B. I only have 3.0A, so you must have a Beta copy.
So far mine has not frozen up at all. Yes, there are some idiosyncrasies in some of the screen selections and controls, but they haven't been deal-killers.
I'm currently fighting the mic processor to get it like I want it. I have been really spoiled by the wonderful automatic processing of the Harmony M and I want the Audya to sound like that too. I'm getting closer.
Maybe by Tuesday I'll have it ready enough to take to the job.
DonM

#272905 - 10/03/09 09:21 AM Re: I AM OFF NOW
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA

[This message has been edited by frankieve (edited 10-03-2009).]

#272906 - 10/03/09 09:23 AM Re: I AM OFF NOW
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I really don't know why you are getting this?

What do you do to get it to this point? I'll try it on mine

#272907 - 10/03/09 10:06 AM Re: I AM OFF NOW
Dnj Offline

Tony sorry to hear that the Audya is not working out as planned. At least you tried...good luck.

#272908 - 10/03/09 11:24 AM Re: I AM OFF NOW
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:

[This message has been edited by frankieve (edited 10-03-2009).]

Frank,

This happened also with OS3Beta, I don’t know how it happens, you know that all of the funnies with Audya are button related, when the screen when blank I was trying to change a voices it took a few button press, various one to get back to a fully populated menu.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#272909 - 10/03/09 11:40 AM Re: I AM OFF NOW
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I can't make it do that either Tony. I noticed you had it transposed +9. Wouldn't it be easier to go the other way?
I'm having trouble getting much accomplished on this thing. It sounds do good all I want to do is sit and play it. It's like having a live band at your fingertips.
I've set up about 30 registrations. I just pick a style, jam with it and it will remind me of a song, then I hit Save, Registration, and it's there. Got a really funky beat to do songs like Bo Diddly, Not Fade Away, Hand Jive. It's called Pop Triplet or something like that.
I got the mic and harmonizer sounding good too.
I even edited a guitar voice program. Added a little distortion, chorus, echo and sustain. Still experimenting with it.
DonM

#272910 - 10/03/09 01:01 PM Re: I AM OFF NOW
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Tony, I would be exploring warranty issues with your dealer. The very least you can try to do is get a replacement Audya, to rule out component problems. If Frankieve can't get HIS to crash, and Don is managing OK, don't you think it might be a lemon?

And, if they ALL crash under the same circumstances, surely you can return it under warranty and get your money back?

I think you need to try a bit harder to reproduce and step by step the issues you are having. So far, I haven't seen a SINGLE post from you detailing step by step how you manage to lock yours up all the time (when others aren't getting this as bad, if at all).

Ranting helps alleviate the stress, but it sure doesn't do a damn thing constructively to FIX the problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online