SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#272372 - 09/29/09 03:35 PM Got another Audya
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
My replacement Audya came this afternoon.
I opened the box, plugged it in and was terribly shocked to find there was no sound at all.
Then I remember it didn't have internal speakers. Plugged in the headphones and played for two hours, just using styles and sounds.
Much as I hate to, I have to go to work now, where the E50 is set up already.
I will have to reload my registrations I saved from the other Audya, and get familiar again with the buttons and menus tomorrow.
I don't have as much time as normal to work on it, because I go to see HankB at the hospital every day.
So far everything has worked fine on the Audya though. It came with 2.0C installed and all the new styles as well.
I will wait for the official copy of 3.0, even though I have a beta copy that is a month or so old.
Gotta run, much more to come.
DonM

#272373 - 09/29/09 03:41 PM Re: Got another Audya
leezone Offline

Don,

test the sh*@t out of it
and let us know what you think

#272374 - 09/29/09 03:43 PM Re: Got another Audya
leezone Offline

and how it compares to your Roland...

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 09-29-2009).]

#272375 - 09/29/09 04:59 PM Re: Got another Audya
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Don... best of luck with it ...
And say 'Hi" to Hank for us ...
t.

#272376 - 09/29/09 05:18 PM Re: Got another Audya
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Don,

good luck with your new Audya. Please give us your review when you can. I'm sure that it work out for you......

#272377 - 09/29/09 05:18 PM Re: Got another Audya
Dnj Offline

Don good luck with teh new KB....and please say hello to Hank for me.

#272378 - 09/29/09 06:20 PM Re: Got another Audya
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:

Then I remember it didn't have internal speakers.
DonM

You are a character

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#272379 - 09/29/09 07:55 PM Re: Got another Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Don,

test the sh*@t out of it
and let us know what you think

I hope Don gets on OK with his new KB he has had some bad luck so far, like you Leezone I'd give it hell, he needs to start pressing a few buttons and playing at the same time to find the faults, make the thing work it's nuts off, it won't be long before he finds out the style sticks on and he can't turn it off. I think with Dons new KB that makes 10 Audyas in the USA now???

Good luck Don

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-29-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#272380 - 09/29/09 09:58 PM Re: Got another Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Two hours and not a single crash? Doesn't sound like the piece of tosh Tony claims they sent HIM... You get the impression he only has to LOOK at it funny and it kicks him in the nuts!

#272381 - 09/29/09 10:12 PM Re: Got another Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Two hours and not a single crash? Doesn't sound like the piece of tosh Tony claims they sent HIM... You get the impression he only has to LOOK at it funny and it kicks him in the nuts!

Two hours plus two days and two weeks Don will be back on here. Ketron just can't help themselves! But you are right Diki I only need look at it and bang, there's another problem, have you ever thought I might be very observant and you guys just sit there playing it and listening, bit like driving the car with your eyes closed, stop it only joking.

Cheers Diki
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#272382 - 09/29/09 10:27 PM Re: Got another Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I thought the whole POINT of getting an arranger is to just play it and listen?

Quick question... how often does YOUR Audya crash? Have you found what it is that consistently makes it crash? Is there a way to work around what DOES make it crash so you can get on with simply 'playing and listening'?

Patient... "Doctor, it hurts when I do THIS...'
Doctor... "So... don't do that!"

#272383 - 09/29/09 10:56 PM Re: Got another Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I thought the whole POINT of getting an arranger is to just play it and listen?

Quick question... how often does YOUR Audya crash? Have you found what it is that consistently makes it crash? Is there a way to work around what DOES make it crash so you can get on with simply 'playing and listening'?

Patient... "Doctor, it hurts when I do THIS...'
Doctor... "So... don't do that!"

Yes Diki, OS 2,0C

You will find when you are playing a style it will lock on you can press as many keys as you want but the only one that holds the key to stopping the style, it's the registration key, this will stop it.
When you pick a registration from the main page the reg button is automatically turned on, this is what casues it. a style does allways lock on but when it does turn off the reg LED and then you will be OK.

Diki if I knew what caused it I wouldn't go there, a bit like the day you die, just don't go there on that day. It something to do with the way the Audya buttons are programmed, if one particular button is down others are none enabled, some will need to work like that but not all, I program button on BMS system and I now it's difficult to get it right! Ketron jus haven't got it right yet , I think it will take some time, some button need to be pressed twice before they will work so there is a rabbit away in some of the software.

#272384 - 09/29/09 11:10 PM Re: Got another Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Oh and BTW there are a few endings that don't work you press to get an ending and 5 mins later you got keep playing the style is still going OS2C

Tony

#272385 - 09/29/09 11:13 PM Re: Got another Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Oh and BTW using the data wheel in voices rotates all the way round, which ever way you go you can access from each end of the pages, in Styles it doesn't, it stops at each end and you have to wind back to go to each end. My car radio does what I would expect all the way round

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online