SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#272204 - 09/27/09 07:31 AM Concert Photo's frome the Pakefield Keyboard Festival
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
http://www.danielwatt.com/page4/page69/page69.html

Also includes some stand Photo's

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 09-27-2009).]

#272205 - 09/27/09 02:10 PM Re: Concert Photo's frome the Pakefield Keyboard Festival
Dnj Offline

wow what a difference in size.....but in reality is there a big difference in sound?

#272206 - 09/27/09 03:58 PM Re: Concert Photo's frome the Pakefield Keyboard Festival
abacus Offline

Hi DNJ
Apart from the SA2 voices the T3 has a compressed MP3 sound whereas the Wersi doesn’t. (Now if they had added SA2 and the guitar mode to T2 then they would have a cracking CD quality board, however it would still be lacking the live sound of the Wersi, IMO the T3 is 1 step forward and 2 steps back compared to the T2)
And yes I have compared the T2 and T3 live alongside most of the other keyboards/organs on the market. (If I had to make a choice between the T3 and T2, I would have no hesitation in choosing the T2, but then that’s just MO)
BTW All of the OAS 7 Wersi models have exactly the same sound engine, and it is only the Apollo and Pegasus Wing that has something different with its OAS Lite system. (They are also the only 2 models that are set up to work OOTB like other manufactures)
Hope you enjoyed the photos

Bill

#272207 - 09/27/09 04:48 PM Re: Concert Photo's frome the Pakefield Keyboard Festival
Dnj Offline

Bill thank you for the explaination......I hope some day to see or even play a Wersi of any model & then I can experience for myself many of the things your talking about. I wish there were some dealers around the Philadelphia/NY area.

#272208 - 09/27/09 06:00 PM Re: Concert Photo's frome the Pakefield Keyboard Festival
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Any chance of hearing anything on the Wersi that sounds remotely 'live'?

As dated and undynamic as the Wersi drums sound, where on earth do you get the impression that it sounds better than the T2?

You see, from my point of view, what you play a sound THROUGH isn't as important as what the sound sounds like in the first place. And so far, I am still waiting to hear something from the Wersi drums that pops and snaps as well as Roland and Korg. Lording it over the Yamaha's doesn't really count...

They both have the same unrealistic drums, IMO. Put the Yamaha's through a big Wersi sound system, I doubt you would feel there's much in it.

#272209 - 09/27/09 06:06 PM Re: Concert Photo's frome the Pakefield Keyboard Festival
Dnj Offline

There are thousands of people that enjoy Wersi products worldwide & that's all that matters. They listen, they buy, play and enjoy making music, now they all can't be wrong? ......nothing wrong with that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEs9O9qCock

Listen to the the applause.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-27-2009).]

#272210 - 09/27/09 07:57 PM Re: Concert Photo's frome the Pakefield Keyboard Festival
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
And hundreds of thousands that buy Yamaha's and Roland's and Korg's...

If numbers are supposed to impress me, why don't these impress YOU?

Only thing that impresses me is the SOUND, not whether anyone buys something in numbers, or whether a player is good enough to get his audience to clap. I've seen people clap for someone on a Casio, for Pete's sake (deservedly, too)...

I don't see you extolling THOSE...

#272211 - 09/27/09 08:03 PM Re: Concert Photo's frome the Pakefield Keyboard Festival
Dnj Offline

Exactly Wersi definitly doesn't care if it impresses YOU! They have enough of a solid following...
http://www.jazzhooves.com/2009/06/brett-wales-plays-at-the-wersi-2009-festival/

#272212 - 09/28/09 12:44 AM Re: Concert Photo's frome the Pakefield Keyboard Festival
abacus Offline

Hi DNJ
Ring up or email Wersimusic www.wersimusic.com and see if there is someone in your area who has one, as most Wersi owners will be perfectly happy to let you try it, (Don’t worry if its an organ, as you can ignore the pedals and treat the lower as the left hand split and the upper as the right hand split) plus the hospitality is usually much better then a dealer offers.

Wersi has never had a large number of dealers, as most are bought to user’s attention by word of mouth or recordings and concerts, however Wersimusic may know of one closer to you.
Regards

Bill

#272213 - 09/28/09 04:17 AM Re: Concert Photo's frome the Pakefield Keyboard Festival
Dnj Offline

Hi Bill........I'll try to make some contacts around here who might have one......We actually used to have a Wersi dealer in Lancaster, PA about 2 hours away......last year Fran went on vacation and was going to stop in, But....even though the website still showed a dealership all that was there when he arrived was a faded sign and on the site was a Liquor store whose proprietor said Wersi moved years ago.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online