SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#272234 - 10/01/09 11:39 AM Re: Concert Photo's frome the Pakefield Keyboard Festival
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
An MP3 is certainly NOT enough to give you the TRUE live sound of any arranger (there, bet you thought I'd never say that!) but it is certainly enough to get you within 95% or more of what the real thing sounds like.

Unfortunately, that 5% or less of improvement isn't enough to turn something altogether unimpressive into something that IS (Wersi, for instance)...

And neither is it enough to justify an additional $15,000 in price (Atelier).

There is such a thing as diminishing returns.

Look, I have a huge MP3 collection. Mostly ripped at either 192 or 256kbps. And there isn't a single tune in there that sounds very different from the original. There isn't a single BAD tune in there that isn't a BAD tune in its' original form. And there isn't a single good tune in CD form that isn't a good tune in its' MP3 version.

I am afraid you are grasping at straws.

#272235 - 10/02/09 12:30 AM Re: Concert Photo's frome the Pakefield Keyboard Festival
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Well Diki
If you listen to a previous generation Atelier and the G/E series arrangers you will find they sound almost the same, however if you compare them with the new Atelier, then there is a whole magnitude of difference. (Online demos don’t even come close)

That the Ateliers and the Arrangers have different features and prices have no relevance, as they are aimed at different markets.

Finally the sound engine used in the new Atelier will probably be the one used in the next generation Roland Arranger with all the features that an arranger requires, which means sound wise IMO it will blow all the other manufactures out the water, yet you seem hell bent on proving that it can’t or won’t. (Most folks would be jumping for joy that the next Roland arranger will probably NOT be just a minor upgrade, but you as a Roland owner seem dead set against it. Why?)

Bill

#272236 - 10/02/09 01:42 PM Re: Concert Photo's frome the Pakefield Keyboard Festival
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If these Atelier demos are any indication of what the NEXT Roland arranger generation is going to be like, I am not very hopeful. If moving on to a totally new sound generation technology makes so little difference I can't even hear it on a web demo, that's not much of an improvement, IMO

Listen to the difference between the T3 and the T1. Night and day. Listen to the PA50 and the PA2Xpro. Night and day. Listen to the G70 and the Atelier. What difference?

New technology flows from the Workstation line, NOT the home organ line. Arrangers were based on the Sound Canvas, then the Fantom technology. When Roland develop a new WS voice technology, THEN we'll see it incorporated into arrangers (and organs).

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online