SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#272057 - 09/26/09 12:10 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
You know, I sometimes poke a little fun at Frank and sometimes George, too, but you guys on SZ are very lucky to have dealers that know arranger products so well.

Not all dealers are at their level of dedication to please the client.

#272058 - 09/27/09 01:46 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The one thing the reviewer did was use it AS AN ARRANGER. That means he probably didn't hook anything up to it (like 99% of all arranger users!). If he didn't spot any MIDI shortcomings, that only means he used it like the rest of us!

Sometimes you have to learn an appreciation for the way things ARE, rather than the way you want them to be. If you can make great music on an Audya (and the demos certainly bear that out) who CARES about much of the nitpicky, technodweeb geek sh*t, other than nitpicky technodweebs?

Put it in the hands of a MUSICIAN, and you are likely to get music. Put it in the hands of a nerd, and you are likely to get specs quoted at you!

I know what I'd rather listen to...

#272059 - 09/27/09 01:56 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
Tony Hughes Offline

Last Paragraph from above.

The operating and navigating systems are fathomable once you get used to Ketron’s quirky approach (for many, that will be part of the charm), and there’s a tremendous amount to explore. Some operations can be rather too quirky; just trying to trigger MIDI files from an external USB drive bore little relationship to what the manual suggested, but eventually, I discovered the right combination of button presses!

I don't find it quirky ( pain springs to Mind)if this was a A320 airbus it would crash!(into the ground)

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-27-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#272060 - 09/27/09 03:01 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
......Sometimes you have to learn an appreciation for the way things ARE, rather than the way you want them to be........

Well, who cares or not, but some things are certainly not as it should be, is it?
Reading the different reports here, Audya OS is still in a unstable betaversion, even after the
OS v2 release. Now they talk about that v3 are on the way, will that be Beta 3 or?

That's the big question regarding Audya. During the long period of hype and big words, no wonder
that people/customers get high expectations. On top of that, Ketron let customers pay quite a high
price for the product to become betatesters.
Bugs does and will probably show up in the future too, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to let the
things we see reported about Audya pass by as some "small bugs"...

That said, I agree that Audya sounds terrific as an arranger, I even sold my Sd1 to get space for
the new baby, but the way it looks now, I think I'll keep my bankaccount closed 'till the beta
testings are over and the release candidate arrive.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#272061 - 09/27/09 03:04 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Last Paragraph from above.

The operating and navigating systems are fathomable once you get used to Ketron’s quirky approach (for many, that will be part of the charm), and there’s a tremendous amount to explore. Some operations can be rather too quirky; just trying to trigger MIDI files from an external USB drive bore little relationship to what the manual suggested, but eventually, I discovered the right combination of button presses!

I don't find it quirky ( pain springs to Mind)if this was a A320 airbus it would crash!(into the ground)

As fast as Ketron have been updating the thing, it's unsurprising that the documentation hasn't kept up.

Bear in mind, he didn't say it COULDN'T be done... It just took him some time to find out how. Probably an OS change. You ought to know the difference between a bug and a documentation error...

There's a difference between crashing your car, and missing a turn because you couldn't read the map!

Thing is, personally, I think ALL OS's are quirky, other than the one I have gotten used to And, I'll bet a lot of people agree with me. We get SO used to doing things one way, that, even if it CAN be done another way, we are not happy. Which is crazy, because getting the thing DONE is the goal...!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-27-2009).]

#272062 - 09/27/09 07:57 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Well, who cares or not, but some things are certainly not as it should be, is it?
Reading the different reports here, Audya OS is still in a unstable betaversion, even after the
OS v2 release. Now they talk about that v3 are on the way, will that be Beta 3 or?

That's the big question regarding Audya. During the long period of hype and big words, no wonder
that people/customers get high expectations. On top of that, Ketron let customers pay quite a high
price for the product to become betatesters.
Bugs does and will probably show up in the future too, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to let the
things we see reported about Audya pass by as some "small bugs"...

That said, I agree that Audya sounds terrific as an arranger, I even sold my Sd1 to get space for
the new baby, but the way it looks now, I think I'll keep my bankaccount closed 'till the beta
testings are over and the release candidate arrive.

Cheers
GJ

Jonny,

Mark my words OS3 will be no big Blast it will be a simple fix of some things but anything added new will also have bugs, we will see next week. I will be there with all the problems, you keep your money in you back pocket, I will sell you mine.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-27-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#272063 - 09/27/09 09:20 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
leezone Offline

tony,

os3 will not only be bug fixes
i think there will be quite alot of new stuff
one of which will be pattern/style edit

maybe AJ can tell us what else to expect?

#272064 - 09/27/09 09:44 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
leezone Offline

also i think more audio guitar loops are on the way with OS3

not sure if this is more chords, Aug, Dim etc, those that are now missing (audio wise)
or if just different grooves, different types o guitars....

i guess it remains to be seen or rather heard

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online