SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#272047 - 09/25/09 01:17 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
leezone Offline

if i had to choose between a dozen kick @ss RH sounds (Tyros 3)

or

a Kick @ss keyboard whose styles/accomp. sound real, like a band, "in your face", and that has the most authentic styles (AUDYA)

i'd take the latter, thank you...

nuff said

#272048 - 09/25/09 01:26 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
knock on wood

haven't had a gig issue

Frank

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#272049 - 09/25/09 01:33 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
if i had to choose between a dozen kick @ss RH sounds (Tyros 3)

or

a Kick @ss keyboard whose styles/accomp. sound real, like a band, "in your face", and that has the most authentic styles (AUDYA)

i'd take the latter, thank you...

nuff said

Well said, Lee, but live back-up bands aren't much fun if they are fightin' with each other during the gig, or fail to show up at all.

Better hope there's an old upright piano stuck in the corner that they'll let you use...just in case.

Sure, all arrangers can fail...it's just that the Audya seems hell bent on being the best at it.

#272050 - 09/25/09 01:46 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Nedim is on a crusade (again ).

What he fails to acknowledge about the MIDI routing issue is, I doubt more than 1% of all arranger users actually seriously MIDI their arranger up to anything else to gig. You see, that's the whole POINT of an arranger. Do it ALL in one box.

What else he constantly fails to acknowledge is, there are PLENTY of other keyboards that DO do what he wants. They are called Workstations What THEY don't do is be a decent arranger. I wonder if he spends much time over at the Motifator forum, bitching about the fact that the XS isn't REALLY an arranger? Probably not, as he would be laughed out of there...

As we should do here for his insistence about trivial things, while ignoring strengths it has, or MUSICAL weaknesses that affect how it works for the other 99% of arranger users other than him. Maybe when ALL arrangers OTHER than the Audya have comprehensive MIDI routing, detail patch editing, full featured samplers and detail style editors on board (and they have caught up to the Audya's audio loop capability), then he MIGHT have a case for the whining he is doing now.

But you sure don't hear him whining about the fact that the PA2Xpro can't do streaming audio loops...

#272051 - 09/25/09 08:16 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
DIKI, the MIDI THINGS that have bugs on these machine are just regular things for live play,
nothing for studio use or something. Tony, those people from magazines just have names,
trust me, they dont know and they are no smarter then me or you. We al have our own crowd
that listens to us and where our word is IT so same thing with these articles, to me they dont
mean a cent. The guy is given an Audya for free, same as i would talk he does and i have
done it for the past for manufacturers but that necesarilly doesnt mean i am right, it only
means that i got something for free. Tell them to give me an Audya for free tomorow, you'll see,
by monday Audya will be one of the best machines i ever touched...

#272052 - 09/25/09 08:18 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Better hope there's an old upright piano stuck in the corner that they'll let you use...just in case.

For over 6 years as a kid i was playing only accordeon at small parties and singing, not
even Darbuka with me...i was making Hundreds...and singing the hell out of me too.
And yes, people were getting drunk and dancing...once i started buying Casio and Arrangers that was it...

#272053 - 09/26/09 05:59 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
When a review gets a keyboard to review, they usually don't get to keep it.

I have been sent a couple of keyboards for my opinion, but always had to send them back.

I truely understand being upset if you had just bought a product that has many problems. These problems are fixable via software so atleast it's just not a hardware issue that can not be fixed.

My parents and grandparents are from the old school. They basically say if you like the pasta dinner, what's the difference how or what it was used to be made. It's the outcome that matters.

I have to say, just playing around with the S910, I really appreciated what a well produced style can sound like, but after a while it all started sounding the same and really didn't give me that feel. Maybe because the drums were soft or something, I'm not sure.

The Korg has much better drums and a better OS but some of the meat and potatoes styles seem to lack something, but once again, that's my take on it.

Everyone here can rip a keyboard apart, and praise it in the same breath.

Those of you who bought Fiats had problems. Yet GM went bankkrupt, and Fiat is still moving?

Podiums are great, Podiums suck, Bose is too expinsive, Bose sound great,

I have customers who only use Ketron product because they say it's the only thing that actually sounds musical.

Those who don't own one and bash the sh*t out of it, why don't you stop and first think about the people who have bought it and are trying to deal with the product respectfully.

I have one and it's the one I gig with, and it has problems sure, but I still use it.

if we want problems, I just plugged a SD card into the S910 with mp3s and it didn't see them, but the Audya does, so should I now burn down the Yamaha factory?

just venting and not because I sell Audyas, I make nothing selling Audyas, I make a nice dollar or 2 selling everything else at less amounts.

So I really cam care less about what money I make, I am more concerned about what my customers need and what works for them

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#272054 - 09/26/09 08:37 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Frank, you are WAY too logical in your thinking to be taken seriously.

DonM

#272055 - 09/26/09 10:43 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Or, Frank is WAY too serious in his thinking to be taken logically.

#272056 - 09/26/09 11:56 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
When a review gets a keyboard to review, they usually don't get to keep it.

I have been sent a couple of keyboards for my opinion, but always had to send them back.

Frank your right, you don't get to keep the KB, the chap who wrote this article must have sent it back, and didn't have it long either,he didn't spot any of the faults, anyway if he'd keep it he would hve had to do better that this, the photos are good.

In a word or two what do you all think of the article, steady on now and one at a time.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-26-2009).]

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-26-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online