SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#271994 - 09/27/09 09:51 AM Re: The Yamaha PSR-S910 has landed
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
[B] I'll stay with the S900 which I consider with using some workarounds one of the best sounding, reliable arrangers ever made for MY NEEDS..

B]

What workarounds are you referring to? One of the workarounds that I like a lot is the Midi Solutions Footswitch Controller (http://www.midi-store.com/Midi-Solutions-Footswitch-Controller-p-16798.html). With this, I can use three footswitches instead of two on my S900. It runs on midi power from the keyboard which is great.

Beakybird

Beakybird

[This message has been edited by Beakybird (edited 09-27-2009).]

#271995 - 03/20/10 10:42 PM Re: The Yamaha PSR-S910 has landed
muttley Offline

Loc: Brisbane, QLD, Australia
I have the Tyros3 & the 910 and I don't have a problem with the keybed travel or the number of styles ... I don't like the Korgs' touch at all ... and you can add styles via a USB stick.

Folks ..... try it for yourself ...

Quote:
Originally posted by CoasterTim:
I spent about 2 hrs playing and demoing the 910 at Alto Music tonight. Maybe it's because of the pre- release hype or maybe it's because I'm really diggin my Korg Pa 500 or maybe it's because I'm just tired of Yamaha ( I've owned 6 Yammie arrangers over the years), but I was disappointed. I had them hold the board for me, fully intending to take it home, but in the end I decided against buying it. It does sound fantastic - but two things that left me wanting were the keybed - even less key travel than my Pa500. Also it seems that there were too few styles - often the last page of each style genre contained only one style with the rest of that page left with empty blanks. You'd think yamaha could afford to at least fill a style page completely - especially since those empty spaces can't be filled by users.

The voice selection at first seems limited too - that is until I noticed voices that I was expecting to find were moved to the "Legacy" category.

There are some very cool new demo songs that really showcase the capability of this board and provide the WOW factor - the speaker system is powerful.

So I came home tonight without my highly- anticipated new S910...sorta feeling a bit of a letdown, but also confident I made the right decision ... maybe I'll get that new Pentax Kx digital SLR instead.

Tim

#271996 - 03/21/10 06:53 PM Re: The Yamaha PSR-S910 has landed
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Just in case some may not know- I have, since that original post, changed my mind on the the s910. I actually went back a few weeks later and bought it.
Now after owning it for 6 months, I'm totally in awe of this board and enjoying it daily...alongside my Pa800.

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online