CAN YOU HEAR ME?
HELLO KETRON....HELLO
ANYBODY HOME ????????

#271956 - 09/25/09 01:23 PM Re: Can you try this on your Audya
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Look, no offense guys, but when the G70 first came out, we had a VERY organized Bug Forum at the old G70 Users Club (now Roland-arranger.com site) where we posted ALL known bugs, step by stepped them to be sure there was a repro, and waited for the fix to come.

What we DIDN'T do was go all ballistic on other general arranger sites, carping about every last one of them. Fixes appeared quickly, along with many improvements we didn't ask for, and cordiality and cooperation with the manufacturer got us probably a much better factory response than if we had simply gone gonzo all over the place.

The Audya is already up to OS3 in a matter of days, an update schedule FAR in excess of most other manufacturers.

IMHO, if you want the fastest response to your bugfix needs, do it organized, do it respectfully, and you are likely to remain positive through the process. Do it here, in public, and you can see what you get... pure negativism. Of course, what none of these naysayers will ever admit to is that they have never got a BETTER bugfix response from anyone else, either. But they sure make it seem like it, don't they?

I would agree, I think it best that all of the bugs are listed on the Ketron synthzone forum, numbered one after the other.

The list should not contain:
no negative comments,
no going off topics,
no, "when are we getting updates"
Etc,
Just descriptive narrative of the problem on hand, so Ketron USA & AJ look into each bug.

I believe that would at least provide organization to this chaos.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 09-25-2009).]

#271957 - 09/25/09 01:27 PM Re: Can you try this on your Audya
leezone Offline

i know AJ looks at Ketron Forum, but does KETRON?

it would probably make more sense to post onan official KETRON site,

time for a real Ketron AUDYA forum maybe that's not in Italian?

#271958 - 09/25/09 01:38 PM Re: Can you try this on your Audya
mc Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
i know AJ looks at Ketron Forum, but does KETRON?

it would probably make more sense to post onan official KETRON site,

time for a real Ketron AUDYA forum maybe that's not in Italian?

I'm not sure if Ketron Italy will, but Ketron USA does and they and AJ would relay the bugs to ketron.it.

#271959 - 09/25/09 01:57 PM Re: Can you try this on your Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Is there a USERS Ketron forum?

To be honest, I think that having the site where bug information is posted is FAR better in the hands of an independent site, as it was with the G70 Users Club.

At least there is no temptation for the manufacturer to move, hide or dismiss it so easily (not that Ketron would necessarily do that, but it might be a temptation).

Keep the process in the hands of the users, IMO...

#271960 - 09/25/09 02:00 PM Re: Can you try this on your Audya
mc Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Is there a USERS Ketron forum?

To be honest, I think that having the site where bug information is posted is FAR better in the hands of an independent site, as it was with the G70 Users Club.

At least there is no temptation for the manufacturer to move, hide or dismiss it so easily (not that Ketron would necessarily do that, but it might be a temptation).

Keep the process in the hands of the users, IMO...

I opened up a post on the ketron synthzone site, which AJ is the moderator. I think it at least worth a try and give ketron a little help so that in turn they will help the customer.

#271961 - 09/25/09 05:12 PM Re: Can you try this on your Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You might like to take a look here http://www.roland-arranger.com/smf/index.php?topic=34.0 at how we set up and worded the purpose of the bug forum.

Main point is to keep the bitching to a minimum, but to maximize the reproducible steps. Like we say... if you can't get a problem to repeat itself, it AIN'T a bug, and you are unlikely to get a fix...

Sh*t happens, but a 'bug' happens EVERY TIME!

#271962 - 09/25/09 08:11 PM Re: Can you try this on your Audya
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Why dont we make one thing clear? Ketron dont have their own OFFICIAL FORUM. AJ visits
this on good will and deserves big thanks and apreciation but he is not KETRON. Even Ted from
KETRON USA is not KETRON, just a distributor and cant do nothing about bugs nor convince
KETRON Italy. A lot of times we just waste nerves in here for nothing. This is not Korg where
Paolo (Korg Italy), Jerry (Korg USA), Malcolm (Korg Japan), Rich (Korg USA) actually interact
with us on the forums and care about something. Ketron Italy doesnt even know this exist nor
they care, lets be real. I am just a regular synth user and i still get to talk to the biggest heads
directly on the phone or e-mail, Korg USA, Korg Italy or Korg Japan. You think Ketron will allow
us to do that? The only BIG HEADS from Ketron i know is AJ and Sandro and AJ is just a personal
friend of mine, nothing really of bussines either. We need something Ketron Official where those
engineers actually look, read, correspond and else...you'll see then.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 09-25-2009).]

#271963 - 09/26/09 11:50 AM Re: Can you try this on your Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Why dont we make one thing clear? Ketron dont have their own OFFICIAL FORUM. AJ visits
this on good will and deserves big thanks and apreciation but he is not KETRON. Even Ted from
KETRON USA is not KETRON, just a distributor and cant do nothing about bugs nor convince
KETRON Italy. A lot of times we just waste nerves in here for nothing. This is not Korg where
Paolo (Korg Italy), Jerry (Korg USA), Malcolm (Korg Japan), Rich (Korg USA) actually interact
with us on the forums and care about something. Ketron Italy doesnt even know this exist nor
they care, lets be real. I am just a regular synth user and i still get to talk to the biggest heads
directly on the phone or e-mail, Korg USA, Korg Italy or Korg Japan. You think Ketron will allow
us to do that? The only BIG HEADS from Ketron i know is AJ and Sandro and AJ is just a personal
friend of mine, nothing really of bussines either. We need something Ketron Official where those
engineers actually look, read, correspond and else...you'll see then.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 09-25-2009).]

Hi,All,

I do have a contact in the factory however I don't know how he would feel if I gave his email out on this site, since no one will admit how many Audyas there are in the USA I don't know how many hits he would get, and like you say would it make any difference,would he put it down to this site, BTW the only way I got this mans email, I blasted them like hell for not replying to my emails and he did.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online