SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#271868 - 09/25/09 04:05 PM Re: It's tough out there and getting tougher what have you been doing to survive?
Dnj Offline

Hey with all this turning down work ...
I guess by reading this everyones pockets are well filled and "Tough & Getting Tougher' doesn't exsist...keep up the great work & make it all while you can I say.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-25-2009).]

#271869 - 09/25/09 04:49 PM Re: It's tough out there and getting tougher what have you been doing to survive?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Fast cars, fast women, fast music, fast food...

I love 'em all!

...fast grave diggers!

#271870 - 09/25/09 04:54 PM Re: It's tough out there and getting tougher what have you been doing to survive?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
They can take all the time they need... I won't be in any hurry!

#271871 - 09/26/09 05:16 PM Re: It's tough out there and getting tougher what have you been doing to survive?
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
One thing we've done is work harder on our Website.

We're now busy than we EVER have been, (although recently we've cancelled some gigs due to my Wife's Father passing away last Wednesday - she's MORE than upset as you might well imagine)

Anyway....

We have recently added a Video Blog (shot on an iPhone) to tell all our website visitors (new and regular) about our gigs, the kinds of music we're playing, and of course on the Gig Guide text itself, we mention how big the Dancefloor is (or isn't) and what kind of night it will be music wise. We also provide a Google Map for each and every venue.

I've been told for some months now (by audience members) what a great help this has been for them, and many have noted that other acts are not doing this kind of thing on their sites - in fact a couple don't even HAVE websites!

Go to www.chi-chi.com.au if you want to see how it all works.

If anyone is interested in nicking an idea or two (if you all don't do this kind of thing already on your own websites) feel free!

Peace.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#271872 - 09/26/09 06:42 PM Re: It's tough out there and getting tougher what have you been doing to survive?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
PERPENDICULAR!!

#271873 - 09/26/09 07:53 PM Re: It's tough out there and getting tougher what have you been doing to survive?
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Thanks for the idea Hellboy. Ive got to work on developing a web site.
As for Donnys question; Im into my 10th year at an Italian restaurant, but my corporate accounts have almost dried up. Company picnics, luncheons, and marketing events etc. have been cut back drastically. This year a festival gig (actually it would have been today) that I would normally play was given to a DJ who charged about half of my usual fee. All in all, it has been a slow year. I dont do nursing homes, but after reading about the experiences and successes of the folks who do these gigs, I think should seriously consider NHs.
Ciao,
Jerry

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online