SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#271779 - 09/24/09 02:03 PM Re: AUDYA CRASHED..HD EMPTY..
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
Tony!
Thanks for all info. about back up. 6 hours, I guess the "clone" would be the best way. But since my Audya works well I'm not gonna be the one that mess with it, by open it up,I mean, at least not yet. Since you have some experience with Ketron Support, one more question. I have backup of all the user stuff, regs, userstyles, etc. Suppose I have a HD crash and need a new drive, will Ketron supply me with the new files or whatever I need to get it going again? Than reloading my user stuff the Audya would be back to what it was before? If it goes wrong during a gig, it could never be fixed at the time anyway. I allways have a backup KB. BTW, to make up for the cars, I love the motorbikes, special the name Bonneville, I have on, mine has 4 wheels and is called Pontiac (1959). Thanks!

Skude,

If your HD goes down and you have a disk with the sys files and hidden files and all that came when the KB was new that will do, all the other files that you add like regs etc can be written to a stick, if the HD goes down you can just load everything back on via a USB cable, still a long process but you wont need to send it back to a dealer.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#271780 - 09/24/09 02:08 PM Re: AUDYA CRASHED..HD EMPTY..
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
But how does it SOUND?

I've been accused by many of being brain dead for using the G70. It's too heavy, it has no MP3 player, no sampler, no multipads, no dual sequencers, no speakers, no SA or Mega Voices, no break/fills, no USB2, no pen drive input, no User Tone bank storage, no live loops, you name it....

But DAMN...! Set it up right, and it sounds fantastic!

I guess ignorance is bliss...

#271781 - 09/24/09 02:14 PM Re: AUDYA CRASHED..HD EMPTY..
leezone Offline

GJ

for backup DVD, they would need about 4 DVD's
i think we are talking over 13GB of data

#271782 - 09/24/09 03:08 PM Re: AUDYA CRASHED..HD EMPTY..
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
GJ

Would a usb hard drive work?

#271783 - 09/24/09 03:43 PM Re: AUDYA CRASHED..HD EMPTY..
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Yep, but because they went to USB1 for the interface (and just how much per unit did that save them? ), reloading the entire HD will take a few hours or more. And the USB drive on a USB1 interface won't run fast enough for the live loop streaming to be able to use on the gig. USB2 would have solved this.

As to the reload being interrupted if done at home, that's WHY you have a UPS, isn't it?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-24-2009).]

#271784 - 09/24/09 05:15 PM Re: AUDYA CRASHED..HD EMPTY..
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Thats why I clone my drives for everything i own including the audya< if i had a drive crash it would take me the most 10 mnutes to be back up and running with m regs, midi files and mp3s

I guess I'm alittle anal

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#271785 - 09/24/09 08:19 PM Re: AUDYA CRASHED..HD EMPTY..
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
GJ

Depending of what media to use. Doubble layer would put that 13GB into 2 DVD's.

Anyway, at the pricelevel Audya is placed in Norway, a backup HD (or 5) for quick
swap should have been included in the box..... or maybe a spare Audya

GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 09-24-2009).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#271786 - 09/24/09 09:43 PM Re: AUDYA CRASHED..HD EMPTY..
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Depending of what media to use. Doubble layer would put that 13GB into 2 DVD's.

Anyway, at the pricelevel Audya is placed in Norway, a backup HD (or 5) for quick
swap should have been included in the box..... or maybe a spare Audya

GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 09-24-2009).]

GJ,

Two Audyas "double trouble" ones certainly enough for anyone, go anal like Frank, you all need to check to see if your local dealer has a full system backup in any format, if your are not going to make a backup yourself and your HDD goes down, your dealer doesn't have a backup you won't be gigging that weekend.

Regards

BTW you won't be able to get anyone here to zip it up and send it to you, that would be much too easy, good sounds need massive samples, big files, massive HDD space is the payload.

Our local dealer has only sold 8 Audyas and two have been reformatted and reloaded

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-24-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online