SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#271769 - 09/23/09 10:25 PM Re: AUDYA CRASHED..HD EMPTY..
leezone Offline

what does your yearly income have to do with anything??

besides i have tried most arrangers, i own a G-70, G-800, XD-3,

and i have tried the AUDYA,

for my style of music, it's the best out there,

so it may no work for you, or your friend,

but for MANY it is PERFECT and bringing in the money, but maybe not as much as you're making

you use what's best for your style of music

for me it will be the AUDYA, for now it's my G-70 & XD-3

#271770 - 09/23/09 10:36 PM Re: AUDYA CRASHED..HD EMPTY..
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
what does your yearly income have to do with anything??

besides i have tried most arrangers, i own a G-70, G-800, XD-3,

and i have tried the AUDYA,

for my style of music, it's the best out there,

so it may no work for you, or your friend,

but for MANY it is PERFECT and bringing in the money, but maybe not as much as you're making

you use what's best for your style of music

for me it will be the AUDYA, for now it's my G-70 & XD-3

Leezone

I agree with what you say, my details are there just to inform you are not emailing pond life even though I am brain-dead, I have a level of consciousness - well someone thinks so. Did you get chance to look at the above reply that Ron got. BTW I got rid of a G70 about 3 years back and I didn’t rate it, it’s not a good seller in the UK it’s like you say Leezone it’s what you think.

I am just trying in my own way to tell you there is sufficient compelling evidence at this time that Audya is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE , others are staying away while the dust dies down. OS3 is out next week I be rest assured I will be letting you know if it's as good as they say it is and then you can go for it or not.

Regards Leezone

PS Leezone I work long hours from my money, it's the bankers that we should be having a go at and Ketron

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-23-2009).]

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-23-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#271771 - 09/24/09 01:33 AM Re: AUDYA CRASHED..HD EMPTY..
skude Offline

Hi guys
Looks like I'm in the "brain-deads party". I know the UK sense of humor Tony. My wife better not read these posts, I called her "brain-dead when she bought a UK made car. (went back to the dealer). Anyway. my question, not beeing a "computer guru". what's the best way of making a "clone" full back up of the Audya HD? in case of a crash. BTW, my Audya works fine so far, (better not say too much). may be this time I'm the lucky one. I was not when I bought my two other arrangers, but that was before I was "brain-dead".

#271772 - 09/24/09 04:36 AM Re: AUDYA CRASHED..HD EMPTY..
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
if we sent you cars from the UK like this what would you do?

Sorry Tony, bad example.....especially for those of us who knew LUCAS, Prince of Darkness personally and still have the remains of the numerous oil stains that still adorn our driveways even after all these many years . Those Healeys, and MG's and Jags really looked good, though.

chas

#271773 - 09/24/09 04:47 AM Re: AUDYA CRASHED..HD EMPTY..
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
never used a hammer......

and I gig with an Audya, sounds great, can't beat the drums (haha)

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#271774 - 09/24/09 05:04 AM Re: AUDYA CRASHED..HD EMPTY..
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
Hi guys
Looks like I'm in the "brain-deads party". I know the UK sense of humor Tony. My wife better not read these posts, I called her "brain-dead when she bought a UK made car. (went back to the dealer). Anyway. my question, not beeing a "computer guru". what's the best way of making a "clone" full back up of the Audya HD? in case of a crash. BTW, my Audya works fine so far, (better not say too much). may be this time I'm the lucky one. I was not when I bought my two other arrangers, but that was before I was "brain-dead".

Skude,

Perhaps it was a hell of a bad example we perhaps make cars like Ketron, what about motorbikes, Triumph Bonneville, go on then Harleys.

Ok Skude, you need first connect you PC to the far left rear USB socket with a lead, make sure your PC can see the Audya the Ayda screen will tell you it’s connected by you need to see it in the PC tree, you need to make sure your pc is going to see all files including hidden ones. If you have a problem with this email me. You see the directory in the tree “AUDYA”.Have a dummy run and just look at all the files, I will do if for you and send you a screen dump so they match.

Make a director on the PC called AUDYA and copy all the files from the Kb into this new directory on your PC, use a static PC if you can or if it’s a laptop make sure it’s plug into the mains, this is going to takes about 6 hours or so, do it overnight.

You are taking data from the KB so a power down would not normally give you problems if it did power down during the night you will need to do it all over again, if this does happens you will need to clear out all of the files that have been transferred over onto your PC before the power down. And start all over again.

Another way to do this is parallel to Franks but slightly different, buy a laptop HD caddy not a normal PC a laptop one the Audya drive is laptop drive, the caddy is an empty case that will take you Audya HD, take out your HD from the Audya place in the caddy, plug into power supply and USB caddy to PC and you are now transferring at none Ketron, about ten times faster, if you buy a spare laptop HD about £23.00 UK you can take you Audya HD out of the caddy and put you new HD in make copy remember first to make sure the new laptop drive is formatted in FAT32, circa Watergate, this is very old technology . All new PC use NFTS if you new drive is formatted in this reformat in FAT32.

Skude, If Frank does not come up with a external fix kit for this I will make one up and start exporting it, however I can’t imagine sales going through the roof there are only about 30 Audya UK and not many more across the pond.

If you have any question just ask, I have already done this and have a fully backup on PC.

Regards

Caddy about £9.00 in real money
http://www.usbnow.co.uk/Hard_Drive_Enclosures-2.5%22_Hard_Drive_Cases/c10_24/index.html

Go here for hidden files
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html#winxp

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-24-2009).]

Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#271775 - 09/24/09 05:07 AM Re: AUDYA CRASHED..HD EMPTY..
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
never used a hammer......

and I gig with an Audya, sounds great, can't beat the drums (haha)

Frank,

Leave the jokes to me I can make a mess of them, you get on with the Auyda External Drive Kit (AEDK) I'll get the patent as if!

Tony

#271776 - 09/24/09 11:17 AM Re: AUDYA CRASHED..HD EMPTY..
skude Offline

Tony!
Thanks for all info. about back up. 6 hours, I guess the "clone" would be the best way. But since my Audya works well I'm not gonna be the one that mess with it, by open it up,I mean, at least not yet. Since you have some experience with Ketron Support, one more question. I have backup of all the user stuff, regs, userstyles, etc. Suppose I have a HD crash and need a new drive, will Ketron supply me with the new files or whatever I need to get it going again? Than reloading my user stuff the Audya would be back to what it was before? If it goes wrong during a gig, it could never be fixed at the time anyway. I allways have a backup KB. BTW, to make up for the cars, I love the motorbikes, special the name Bonneville, I have on, mine has 4 wheels and is called Pontiac (1959). Thanks!

#271777 - 09/24/09 12:33 PM Re: AUDYA CRASHED..HD EMPTY..
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Ketron should supply a OS Backup DVD or CD in the package that make it possible to recover the
Audya HD and reset to factory settings.
At least they should have a downloadable iso-file and software to make a total recovery possible.

Regarding HD break down or failure, it's not a question about if it will happen, it's more a
matter about when it will happen......

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#271778 - 09/24/09 01:59 PM Re: AUDYA CRASHED..HD EMPTY..
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Ketron should supply a OS Backup DVD or CD in the package that make it possible to recover the
Audya HD and reset to factory settings.
At least they should have a downloadable iso-file and software to make a total recovery possible.

Regarding HD break down or failure, it's not a question about if it will happen, it's more a
matter about when it will happen......

Cheers
GJ

GJ,
Yes you are right Ketron should supply a backup set of system files, hidden etc, the registrations you make up yourself you can backup separately and it won't take too long, note there is no date stamping in the Audya, it has no RTC (real time Clock) note you where never asked to put in a date when you switch on first time, so you cannot backup by date modified, in the BMS trade we would call it a dumb terminal, that makes me a brain-dead, dumbo for buying it.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online