SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#271459 - 09/17/09 11:58 PM question for AJ
jdx Offline

Loc: Liverpool U.K.
Hi AJ
I recently bought a new SD5 from a dealer her in the UK and have been having problems with saving various things to the registration for instant recall.
The pianist mode will not also the octave feature.The leeft hand volume returns to maximum on boot up but all other master volumes are saved.

You said in a previous thread these features are not saved on power up ..... then why are they featured in the registration menu as an option to save them along with all the other features.

I use the keyboard professionally and these featurs are a make or break for me in the type of act that I do.

The shop have been as helpful as they can but they have very limited knowledge of this board.

All other makes of keyboard allow these features to be saved for instant recall and according to the registration menu the SD5 does as well.

This seems like a fault to me that could be easily fixed with an op update.

Can you help AJ as I am running out of options.

Thank you.... JDX.

#271460 - 09/18/09 05:39 PM Re: question for AJ
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
AJ - check your email.

#271461 - 09/18/09 09:05 PM Re: question for AJ
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jdx:
Hi AJ
I recently bought a new SD5 from a dealer her in the UK and have been having problems with saving various things to the registration for instant recall.
The pianist mode will not also the octave feature.The leeft hand volume returns to maximum on boot up but all other master volumes are saved.

You said in a previous thread these features are not saved on power up ..... then why are they featured in the registration menu as an option to save them along with all the other features.

I use the keyboard professionally and these featurs are a make or break for me in the type of act that I do.

The shop have been as helpful as they can but they have very limited knowledge of this board.

All other makes of keyboard allow these features to be saved for instant recall and according to the registration menu the SD5 does as well.

This seems like a fault to me that could be easily fixed with an op update.

Can you help AJ as I am running out of options.

Thank you.... JDX.

Where did you get the kb from I think I know a man who can help you, email me
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#271462 - 09/19/09 04:04 AM Re: question for AJ
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Hi JDX,
I would also be interested to know where you bought your SD5 because I thought there were no Ketron dealers left in the UK - I even emailed Ketron Italy but never had a reply.
Hope your problem is soon solved - the SD5 sounds like a very much underated keyboard although I have heard of this fault before - Ketron are supposedly working on a fix for it now.
Best wishes,
Tony

#271463 - 09/19/09 04:20 AM Re: question for AJ
jdx Offline

Loc: Liverpool U.K.
Hi Anthony

I got the SD5 from Keysound in Leicester.
They concentrate more on Korg Roland and Yamaha than on Ketron though I'm sure they would be able to order one for you.

Another dealer Keys of Oldham also stock Ketron products.

I hope this helps.

By the way AJ are you there to answer the questions posted in this thread please.

#271464 - 09/19/09 04:38 AM Re: question for AJ
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Johnson:
Hi JDX,
I would also be interested to know where you bought your SD5 because I thought there were no Ketron dealers left in the UK - I even emailed Ketron Italy but never had a reply.

Tony

If you email KETRON Italy you won't get a reply, the undead only come out at night, there too busy correcting the bollocks of the past, re-writing the Holy Bible and OS3, perhaps that answers your question, sorry I can't be more blunt! I did raise AJ a week back but even he has dropped off the radar again I am begining to have serious doubts about things in genaral with KETRON, people become very wary don't by the kit and it goes belly up if you are not careful I have never understood the KB buisness, it's a bit like juggling jam! With numpties like us providing the jam!

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-19-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#271465 - 09/19/09 06:01 AM Re: question for AJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

You guys do understand that AJ only works part time for the U.S. Ketron distributor, right? Unless something had recently changed, he is a salesman at one of the larger independent retail music stores in the U.S. so he is not spending his every waking moment reading posts in this forum. I on the other hand, would have been happy doing that very thing but I think my price was too high for the distributor since I never heard anything from him after sending him a proposal.

You really need to let the company who sold you the instrument provide the support. Part of the profit they made on the sale should go toward after-the-sale support. And if they cannot provide proper support, possibly you purchased from the wrong dealer. It is not the responsibility of another country's distributor to provide support, nor is it the manufacturer's responsibility, it is the dealer who sold you the product directly.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band
The Modulators

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 09-19-2009).]

#271466 - 09/19/09 08:53 AM Re: question for AJ
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
You guys do understand that AJ only works part time for the U.S. Ketron distributor, right? Unless something had recently changed, he is a salesman at one of the larger independent retail music stores in the U.S. so he is not spending his every waking moment reading posts in this forum. I on the other hand, would have been happy doing that very thing but I think my price was too high for the distributor since I never heard anything from him after sending him a proposal.

You really need to let the company who sold you the instrument provide the support. Part of the profit they made on the sale should go toward after-the-sale support. And if they cannot provide proper support, possibly you purchased from the wrong dealer. It is not the responsibility of another country's distributor to provide support, nor is it the manufacturer's responsibility, it is the dealer who sold you the product directly.

Best Regards,

Dave

David,

I understand every word you wrote and I fully agree, however it's not the dealer we have a gripe with - it's KETRON - the dealer can't finish the unfinished symphony ,AJ goes well beyhond the call of duty and perhaps we should not ask him from any country your right there too, however he has always appeared to know much more than most about Ketron and he will usually respond, the answer to the thread was mainly about emails that don't get answered from Ketron , my explantion of there head down approach was very appropriate,KETRON don't read this site the truth hurts.

Regards

PS what profit are you talking about dealers only make about 10% on a KETRON sale, thats their fault.

#271467 - 09/19/09 09:47 AM Re: question for AJ
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Hi JDX,
Thanks for that info and your prompt reply.
Glad to know who I can contact if I decide to take the plunge - just going to wait and see if Ketron sorts these problems first.

Hi Tony (Hughes)
Fully agree with your views on Ketron and also with your reply to David McMahan - nothing the dealer can do until Ketron sorts it.
Unfortunately, AJ seems to be the only guy,
officially connected to Ketron, who will try to help Ketron owners.
Yes, there should be an AJ in every country - these problems do put people off from buying Ketron products which is a shame because they are great sounding boards.
Best wishes,
Tony

#271468 - 09/19/09 10:28 AM Re: question for AJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

The only reason I am commenting here is because having worked for another U.S. distributor of an Italian product I am pretty familiar with how things work in this area.

The manufacturer is just that, the manufacturer. It is required by each distributor that the responsibility of service and support is supplied by the distributor. If there is something that a distributor can't handle, then they will contact the next level up, typically the manufacturer and get the answer and then relate that to their customer, who is the retail dealer, not the end user. What I am getting at is this; When you have a problem or suggestion, if you think you are being smart by going directly to the manufacturer you are not. As some of you have noticed, it can be a rarity to get a response to an e-mail directed straight to the manufacturer originating from an end user. The BEST thing to do is to go to the dealer who sold you the product. Why? Because the dealer will contact the distributor rep for that brand who will then forward the info to the distributor who will then contact the manufacturer if necessary (who by the way will actually pay attention to an e-mail from a distributor and hopefully provide an answer or solution to the query). Yes this seems like a lot of being bounced around but it is the only way of insuring that your request will at least be seen by the manufacturer if need be. In short, if your e-mail is probably not going to be seen or responded to if sent directly to the manufacturer, why bother. Why not go to the person who is going to care, meaning the person who sold the instrument to you in the first place. If the dealer is unhappy they will not buy additional product, which will make the rep/distributor unhappy which will push somebody to work hard in getting an answer from the manufacturer.

Now of course the above is contingent on the rep and/or distributor being diligent in their duties to their dealer base and also the dealer in putting in the initial effort. Which as Tony Hughes mentioned, the small profit margins on keyboard products isn't exactly a big motivation to go the extra mile. But who is to blame for that? We can start with those who try to bargain down to the last penny and pit brick and mortar dealers against each other or worse, a free standing store against a website with the overhead of pocket change. And then the dealers themselves for not having the guts (or maybe knowhow) to hold to a reasonable profit. And its got nothing to do with the economy; there are plenty of people spending money.

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band
The Modulators

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online