SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#270825 - 09/05/09 06:40 PM lookng for the most popular Australian Yamaha keyboard forum.
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
does anyone know if there is an Australian only buy and sell for yamaha keyboards?

looking on ebay.com.au theres never anything good. maybe a PSR 2000 or a Tyros here and there once a month...

trying to find a second hand Tyros 2 or PSR S900 in this country is extremely difficult!!!

most US Sellers dont want to ship to Aus either or the shipping costs are way to high.

thanks
Nick

#270826 - 09/05/09 09:52 PM Re: lookng for the most popular Australian Yamaha keyboard forum.
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Nick,
I'm not aware of any particular site for this purpose. However any of the keyboard shops would have secondhand keyboards that they have taken as trade ins and would be pleased to quit. I'm sure that if you are a genuine buyer but with no time pressure to buy you could get a reasonable price.
In Melbourne I would suggest Keyboard Corner at Boronia, I've bought many a new keyboard there and they have always been fair people to deal with.
Keith

#270827 - 09/06/09 12:50 AM Re: lookng for the most popular Australian Yamaha keyboard forum.
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Nick,
These days with Ebay so popular, the music stores really do not trade in any where near as much as they used to.

Most of the majors have web sites/addresses so I would suggest you compose an email to send to all of them saying you are looking for a second-hand "whatever" so that the salesmen will know that when they get customers into the shop.

Also give them an indication of the price you are prepared to pay as they can then negotiate (probably) better trade-ins as they know they have a sale of the traded in gear.

Dennis

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online