SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#270575 - 09/04/09 05:25 AM GW-8 Version 2 (short vid on YouTube)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Short 5 minute vid up on YouTube showing some screen shots of Version 2. Anyone here have this arranger.., and anyone here update it yet?

I'm amazed that Roland left the OS so open on this arranger to be able to add what they have with this latest update. I wonder if the Juno-Di has any goodies for the future.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5knv4-JeYqo
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#270576 - 09/04/09 05:54 AM Re: GW-8 Version 2 (short vid on YouTube)
Dnj Offline

Squeak sounds like your growing tired of the Di already?

#270577 - 09/04/09 06:27 AM Re: GW-8 Version 2 (short vid on YouTube)
musicmanht Offline

Loc: Leonding, AUSTRIA
Yes, I have one and updated it without any problems! A good instrument especially if you look on the price, and now more possibillities in the style and song section, well done. I use it playing in a dance/show band as a second lightweighted instrument and during our band-rehearsals (a good feature is the USB Player which gives me a fast and easy way to check our MP3s, one bad thing that you cannot save and organize registrations (max 128) in folders so you have to backup on pc and organize the files there).

#270578 - 09/04/09 06:51 AM Re: GW-8 Version 2 (short vid on YouTube)
Dnj Offline

No Lyric reader and the inability to save registrations is a deal killer for me and many others as well......too bad, it could of been a perfect workable gig KB in many ways.....maybe Roland will wake up and in future offerings incorporate some "PLAYER" features that so many request and need.

#270579 - 09/04/09 07:13 AM Re: GW-8 Version 2 (short vid on YouTube)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Donny..., NOOOOO my friend! I have not grown tired of the Juno-Di. I cannot get enough of it! I was up until 3am lusting and drooling over the sound quality of this instrument. The pianos are just beautiful on this thing. The "Concert Grand" is mouth watering IMO. Plus there are many other good and useful instrument patches in this thing. Then add that awesome software editor, and it just keeps getting better.

The Juno-Di (AND ROLAND DID NOT ADVERTISE THIS) is really a 4 osc synth engine. It has the SAME structure as the Juno-G and Juno-Stage. SOOOOO many patches in the Di's presets are multiple osc's.., AND have multiple levels of velocity switching set between those osc's.., AND patches with osc's individually mapped out to specific regions (zone) of the keybed.., there's even "velocity fading"! It's UNREAL!

After seeing the OS update for the GW-8.., I'm just more curious now (considering how much has changed with the Juno-Di).., if Roland left the Di's OS open to upgrades for (possible new features) in the future.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-04-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#270580 - 09/04/09 07:38 AM Re: GW-8 Version 2 (short vid on YouTube)
musicmanht Offline

Loc: Leonding, AUSTRIA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
No Lyric reader and the inability to save registrations is a deal killer for me and many others as well......too bad, it could of been a perfect workable gig KB in many ways.....maybe Roland will wake up and in future offerings incorporate some "PLAYER" features that so many request and need.

You can save up to 128 Regs very easy in the key and save it to a stick, that's Ok but if you want more than these 128, you must copy the whole "Roland" folder (which was built when formatting a stick on the GW8) on a PC and than you can save new regs in the keyboard (and overwrite the older ones). If you want the old ones, you have to export the regs to the stick, save on your PC (in a new folder), copy the old 128 regs to the stick and load into the GW8, this could be easier (see the yamaha models S500/550 and higher with their folder structure).

[This message has been edited by musicmanht (edited 09-04-2009).]

#270581 - 09/04/09 05:16 PM Re: GW-8 Version 2 (short vid on YouTube)
Dnj Offline

Thanx for the explaination.I'm hoping for future models to incorporate more.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online