SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#270522 - 09/04/09 12:22 PM Re: Windows Vista!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Oh, and Mike... would you care to tell us about anything that happened to any of your Macs as a result of malware?

#270523 - 09/04/09 07:07 PM Re: Windows Vista!
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Hellboy, interested in your experience with the Touchsmart. I bought one of the first to hit the market (IQ507) and have found it less than practical for 'normal' computer work (in Touchsmart mode). First, your arms get very tired reaching for the screen on a regular basis. As soon as the novelty wears off, you find yourself using it in a conventional way (keyboard and mouse). I can picture it being used the way you're using it on the gig, although I would think it would be rather large and awkward to use on stage. Do you use it for any other applications? Just curious. And yes, I too, am waiting to see if Windows 7 will improve the somewhat impaired performance that the Touchsmart Os imposes on the system.

chas

The Touchsmart Tablet we bought is a new one - Model tx2-1216 au (Au being for Australia) and yes, I guess for normal computing work, you probably WOULD use it more normally.

Onstage however, it's definitely best to use it in Tablet Touch mode.

We've used it twice at gigs so far, and rapidly got use to the interface in Word. Like anything, it takes getting used to, (the first hour onstage was Pants wettingly scary) but then, we just relaxed, and are now getting quite confident with it. It's only a matter of time before we're COMPLETELY at ease with it.

The only problem is it can be a little unresponsive - or to be more accurate, it needs to be touched *ahem* just right...

(oooh errr... )

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#270524 - 09/04/09 08:05 PM Re: Windows Vista!
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by msutliff:

...they all have vulnerabilities. Still waiting for the perfect OS...

There is one that is not vulnerable to anything, only to people who dont know what they
are doing and it has been out long already, no need to wait.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online