Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#270367 - 09/15/09 07:38 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
.... This is NOT your average Friday night animal house! .....

It's NOT?!?!?!? .... well I guess you're right Diki ... it's far BELOW average ...

I REALLY wish we could just stop the madness .......

t.

#270368 - 09/15/09 07:57 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
124 Offline

Just in case these last three posts were engendered by my comments on Del's piece (I don't think they were), which I started by saying that Bill was on the right track, perhaps it's worth clarifying that my agreement was with Bill's post re. Del's rendition, not the subsequent one about 'pulling stunts' etc. I was concentrating on the music and my comments were given in the best possible spirit, nothing else.

More music anyone? Please.

#270369 - 09/15/09 08:35 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Del ... thanks for posting ... a nice easy listen ... nothing fancy, but hey, who says it HAS to be fancy - but Bill in Dayton and 124's comments are right on ... and at least I was able to listen to some music ...
thnx again,
t.

#270370 - 09/15/09 10:32 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
razoo_26 Offline

Loc: Billing, MT, USA
Hi All,

I would like to sincerely thank everyone on SZ for educating me on arrangers and helping make my decision on which one to buy. I would also like to thank everyone who posted performances on the last 2 months ejam. If I could perform I would post and maybe also critique. I hope someday to be able to play half as good as the most inexperienced of any of the performers I have heard.

Here's one thing I can critique on:
There was nothing in Gary's 1st post.
It's obvious that Chas has been grinding his ax for a long time and is now frustrated that it is cutting nothing but thin air.

Diki's right... perform something else if you don't feel comfortable with the suggestions. Maybe start a new thread with an alternate format if you have another idea.
When I was a kid we played a game called "add-on" while bouncing on the trampoline. One person would start with a seat bounce, the next person would do a seat bounce plus a bellyflop, the next would add a different trick to that, and so on. In this vein any SynthZoner could post a song and challenge others to do the same song in a different style.

Last I would like to thank Cass for the time and effort he puts into the ejam.
Don't get discouraged, any given month will be better than another, let things run there course and (like water off a duck's back) keep doing the ejam every month. I enjoy and appreciate them and I think most everyone else does also.

Thanks again,
Raz

#270371 - 09/16/09 06:59 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by razoo_26:
I hope someday to be able to play half as good as the most inexperienced of any of the performers I have heard.

Well, shades of John Dileo. Such humility....excuse me while I go outside and throw up. Let's see now, you can't play, you can't sing, you can't critique, and you don't have an arranger, but you feel confident enough to come onto an arranger keyboard forum and make a clear declaration about my motives. Must be a wonderful gift.

Quote:
Maybe start a new thread with an alternate format if you have another idea.

Wow, what a novel concept. I can't believe no one else thought of it before now. Hey, keep those unique new ideas coming.

Quote:
Last I would like to thank Cass for the time and effort he puts into the ejam.
Don't get discouraged, any given month will be better than another, let things run there course and (like water off a duck's back) keep doing the ejam every month.

Sage advice, and very inspiring......whoops, hold on, I've got to run outside again..........Ok, I'm back. NOW, let's for once be honest about this whole 'ejam' thing. Without wishing to diminish Cass's efforts on behalf of the so-called 'ejam', the truth is, what is involved is starting a new post once a month (something most of us do anyway) with three song selections for members to submit.....or not. Likely as not, these song choices, no matter WHAT they are, are only going to satisfy 5% of the potentially-posting membership. So the main value of this monthly effort is to try to promote and maintain an interest in sharing member-produced music. The real-world result is usually a pissing contest of one sort or another, general disagreement on song choice or approach, the usual (and very predictable) commentary by DNJ, and (finally) very little music. This thing has become nothing more than a vehicle to castigate members we don't like while praising ones that we do. Nearly 70 posts and only three contain music. In the words of the "REAL DEAL", 'nuff said.

chas

#270372 - 09/16/09 07:19 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
razoo_26 Offline

Loc: Billing, MT, USA
keep swinging that ax.
that's what your good at.

#270373 - 09/16/09 07:36 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
keep swinging that ax.
that's what your good at.

Well, it's nice to be good at SOMETHING. Listen Razoo_26 (what happened to Razoo 1 thru 25?), I don't know when you decided to single me out as a target, but if you think I'm going to let you take shots at me without responding, think again. BTW, if you're as bad as you proclaim, shouldn't you be spending all this time and energy on music lessons? Just saying.

......and for the record, the only way you're likely to get anything more than the current level of participation, would be if Nigel decided to ban any member that had not posted a song in the prior 30 days.

On another note, how come so many people of the same persuasion (supposedly English speakers), substitute "your" for "you're".

chas

#270374 - 09/16/09 08:19 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
Dnj Offline

1,2, cha, cha, cha

#270375 - 09/16/09 12:29 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
chas, are you trying to kill this thread? Either way, you're doing a great job of offending anyone who posts lately. I've totally lost interest in my own idea, how shitty is that?

My only suggestion is that if you or anyone wish to continue this condemnation of WHATEVER, then please start your own thread. It would certainly be nice if we could hear some music before the end of the month.

Someone could post a song with the correct title. The next song has to contain at least one main word taken from the first title...

ex. And I Love Her = Love Is a Many Splendoered Thing = Wild Thing = A Walk On the Wild Side = Sunny Side of the Street...

But then again, that's probably not what anyone wants either.

and BTW, I never misuse your and you're!

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 09-16-2009).]

#270376 - 09/16/09 01:20 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I hate to pile on at this point, but yes, I think at this point that maybe you could take this to another thread, chas. What got out of hand here was your initial posts extrapolating a lot from Gary's initial posts, and the bitch-fest that ensued is perhaps putting a sour taste in everyone's mouth, despite the thread being pretty innocent to start with.

Maybe there's a way we could get around all this? Cassp, why not start an 'eJam entries ONLY' thread, then an eJam COMMENTS thread separately..? Ask the membership to ONLY post their entries and NO commentary (of other people's work) on the one thread, and have another (or several) for people that want to comment... separate the men from the boys, so to speak!

This might at least provide an oasis of calm amidst the sturm und drang of the rest of this forum!

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online