SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >
Topic Options
#270307 - 09/03/09 06:14 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas,

I was dead serious about still having the skills to play and sing. For some reason, after three weeks of doing pretty much nothing but go to doctors offices and spend endless hours waiting, I've lost some of my vocal and playing abilities. I played my first job today and I felt I was NOT up to par. Everyone loved the performance, but I didn't. I wasn't being a wise-ass, I like the songs Cass selected, and sometimes play and sing both September numbers.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#270308 - 09/03/09 06:52 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Gary, if that's the case, then I apologize. There's been a recent rash of people responding not to WHAT was said, but WHO said it. I would think Diki, of all people, could relate to that. Think I'll do everybody a favor and just stay out of the 'ejam' discussions. I thought both enthusiasm and participation was low and that maybe we could look at ways to improve both. Truth is, I like all three of those songs, but they might not be ones I would choose to post. I thought there might be others who felt the same and that perhaps we could look at another way of getting them to post their music rather than waiting for months for a tune to show up that they felt comfortable with.

Again, apologies if I misread your post.

chas

#270309 - 09/03/09 07:09 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Hang in there, Gary. I'm sure there's a correlation to taking "X" amount of time off and not feeling yourself until "Y" amount of time passes.

You had a heart attack, pal. There's a lot going on right now. Are you at your best? Probably not...give it some time-you'll be fine...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#270310 - 09/03/09 07:42 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
I think with school starting up, seasons/schedules changing, people's routines are also changing right now.

For the hell of it I went back and reviewed the comments from the August Ejam.

Out of 74 comments-I found zero that were "not nice"

The edgiest comment I found was one by Chaz who opined that Jambalaya was, by far, the more user friendly of the two options. That wasn't directed imo at any particular performance.

It's the 3rd of September approaching a long Holiday weekend. I suspect this time next week we'll have some contributions.

I was only kidding!

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#270311 - 09/03/09 08:07 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
chas - you have me wondering maybe what you were smoking or drinking when you responded to Gary's post. I didn't see anything there to get riled about. Just an observation.

Gary - as a heart attack, stents and eventual by-pass survivor (2001) let me say that the first three to four months are important in rebuilding your strength and stamina. You should feel pretty good by 6 months and actually look back in a year and say to yourself that you couldn't believe how far away you were from 100% until then. Keep up the good work and take care of yourself.

#270312 - 09/03/09 08:35 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
cgiles Offline

Cass, I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs, so my mind is usually pretty clear......but thanks for your concern about my mental state. BTW, I didn't think my original suggestion was THAT bad. Where was all that righteous indignation when one of our 'treasured members' decided to scam, embarrass, demean, and deceive, the entire board with borderline psychotic behavior; but now it seems everthing is hunky-dorry again. Ahhh, how soon we forget. Fool me once..........

chas

#270313 - 09/03/09 09:04 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Cass, I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs, so my mind is usually pretty clear......but thanks for your concern about my mental state. BTW, I didn't think my original suggestion was THAT bad. Where was all that righteous indignation when one of our 'treasured members' decided to scam, embarrass, demean, and deceive, the entire board with borderline psychotic behavior; but now it seems everthing is hunky-dorry again. Ahhh, how soon we forget. Fool me once..........

chas

Your original post wasn't the one that provoked Cass' response. The indignation that many of us felt when reading your post to Gary, was. You've issued Gary a qualified apology, "If that's the case-(what, you think he's making it up?)...that's cool.

Regarding Donny...he was busted...he got caught-someone turned him in and Nigel decided it was proper to ban him for a time. That time is over and he's welcome back but expected to not repeat that behavior. There was plenty of comments here and there about it but it time to move on. We're guilty as a community (myself included) of beating a dead horse for much longer than it deserves.

Like I said...IMO, people aren't sending in tunes because of any one reason-the time of year, kids back in school, holiday weekend...and sure...maybe the tunes won't produce a big turnout. I think we'll get a healthy number as they're pretty mainstream for many SZ-ers...

Cheers-

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#270314 - 09/04/09 04:59 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
cgiles Offline

Well thank goodness we've got YOU to provide clarity for the rest of us dunces....not to mention providing the moral high ground for the rest of us to aspire to. As far as "beating a dead horse", I think the punishment should fit the crime, and on a board such as this, what was perpetrated on the membership was as bad as it gets. I can't help but wonder if you'd be as charitable or forgiving if it had been me (or Diki) who had done such a thing.

Ok, here's what I read into Gary's post (remembering that we have a 'history'). 'How dare chas question the song selection process. I'll not only affirm the song choices but drag myself out of my sick bed and post one, thereby proving once again that chas is full of crap' or something to that effect. I never questioned Gary's condition or (impaired) ability to play at his normal level. I've been there and am always within arms reach of nitro pills 24 hrs a day. I sympathize with anyone who has been through the experience. As far as a 'qualified' apology, it's like saying "I'm sorry if I stepped on your toe", implying, of course, that if I didn't step on your toe, I have nothing to be sorry for.

Now that I have explained by reaction to Gary's post (justified or not), I hope this will deter any other sanctimonious hypocrites from jumping into the frey.

chas

BTW, which one are you going to post? I can't wait for that special 'Bill Corfield' touch.

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 09-04-2009).]

#270315 - 09/04/09 06:54 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
Dnj Offline

Excellent.....17+ posts and NOT one song posted. Everyone plays songs every day but to post a song here is a fiasco. There must be a reason.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-04-2009).]

#270316 - 09/04/09 08:37 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Excellent.....17 oposts and NOT one song posted.

Well, as 'opost' #18, maybe YOU could 'opost' something. That'll give the rest of us something to shoot at....uh shoot FOR.

chas

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 09-04-2009).]

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online