SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >
Topic Options
#270297 - 08/31/09 03:49 PM ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Announcing the September 2009 SZ eJam - #4. This is not a contest but an expo of the various playing and presentation styles of our SynthZone members. We want to hear YOU. Participants are asked to record an mp3 or video version of one, or all of the following songs:

And I Love Her - John Lennon and Paul McCartney
September In the Rain - Harry Warren
September Song - Kurt Weill

There are only three simple guidelines:

1. Record the song; upload to on an available internet site; post to this thread and include a link to the hosting site. Please include your ID, initials or name as part of your song title.

2. In your post please give us pertinent information, such as: instrument make, style, patches used, recording info, whatever...

3. Be polite to others. No badmouthing or sniping. If you can't be nice, please don't post.

You can play it instrumentally or with vocals, using your choice of instrument(s). Play it fancy or plain, straight or creative – you choose. Record it in one take with an antique tape recorder or in multi takes and tracks on Pro Tools – you choose.

Good luck. We’re looking forward to listening to YOUR rendition of the song(s).

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 09-01-2009).]

#270298 - 09/02/09 07:47 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
cassp Offline

#270299 - 09/02/09 08:26 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
zuki Offline

Nobody can be nice

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#270300 - 09/03/09 05:19 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Nobody can be nice

I think with school starting up, seasons/schedules changing, people's routines are also changing right now.

For the hell of it I went back and reviewed the comments from the August Ejam.

Out of 74 comments-I found zero that were "not nice"

The edgiest comment I found was one by Chaz who opined that Jambalaya was, by far, the more user friendly of the two options. That wasn't directed imo at any particular performance.

It's the 3rd of September approaching a long Holiday weekend. I suspect this time next week we'll have some contributions.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 09-03-2009).]

#270301 - 09/03/09 10:02 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
If there are no (as in 'ZERO') contributions by, say, Sept. 20th, could we maybe consider another approach to song selection. There are a lot of talented people here who won't post unless there is (the choice of) a song in a genre' that they feel comfortable with. JMO, JMO, JMO, JMO......did I mention, JMO.

chas

#270302 - 09/03/09 10:03 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
cgiles Offline

Oh, hope that wasn't too 'edgy'.

chas

#270303 - 09/03/09 02:12 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Cass,

I think the selection is great. And, if I get some free time in the next few days I'll fire up the office keyboard and see if I still have enough skill to record one of them. And, I promise to be nice to everyone.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#270304 - 09/03/09 03:05 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
cgiles Offline

Ummmm, subtle. I'm truly sorry about your recent health problems, Gary, but I'm glad to see you're strong enough to shovel the usual sh!t. Heaven forbid someone (especially me) should suggest that perhaps we could look at other ways to increase participation in the ejam. This was not a condemnation of Cass' song selections, just an observation about what has taken place so far (not a lot). Your not-so-subtle put-downs are annoying to say the least.

Get well soon,

chas

#270305 - 09/03/09 03:19 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
cassp Offline

I'm wondering why everyone is making such a big deal about the 'being nice' aspect. The write up is the same one I used for eJams 2 and 3.

chas, I would like to state for the ***th time that I am only the moderator by default; I kinda came up with the idea and most everyone has gone along with it. I have always held that I am not in charge and if anyone wants to change this concept, please be my guest. In fact chas, maybe you should take a spin at it. It may be time for a change...

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 09-03-2009).]

#270306 - 09/03/09 03:21 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the September 2009 eJam
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, there goes that!

You know, while having a limited selection of songs might help SOME members focus, you know, there's really NO reason why anyone can't post ANYTHING here. I'm quite sure that, if you don't like any of the eJam selections chas, nobody would bat an eyelid or make a derogatory comment if you simply submitted whatever the hell you felt like

The best thing that has come out of the eJam has been a HUGE increase in members being willing to post music they have made, not necessarily the quality thereof... Participation is better than sitting on the sidelines, sniping. Even you, originally the 'I'm NEVER going to post music here' guy, came up with a contribution... And that IS a good thing. I mean, what's the POINT of musicians getting together if they don't actually LISTEN to each other's music? Just to bullsh*t each other about gear?

What a waste...

So... those are eJam SUGGESTIONS. But if none of them float your boat in any way whatsoever, post something that does. I know I will want to hear it, and if I'm not mistaken, just about everyone else here will too

Originally, I had hoped this thing would be a 'one tune' system, and the variety come from how differently we all do the one tune. But, the variety has seemed to have come in the form of song CHOICE, so what does one more tune matter?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online