SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#270285 - 08/31/09 03:34 PM Attaboy for a retailer
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I found Rock n Roller carts on sale at a sight called AudioLines.com The R8 was $95 and the R10 was $105 - for floor demos. Their regular listed price was competitive with other retailers. I attempted to order the R10 floor demo and specifically asked if it/they were still in stock. The sales agent put me on hold, came back and said he demo was sold but they had an overstock, so he was authorized to sell the R10 for $139.95.

That in itself is a good price, but when he added in FedEx shipping it came to about $155. I balked, knowing some retailers will ship that amount for free. He then checked into shipping UPS and said he could do the deal for $135 total and I'd have it tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

So, the $105 plus shipping for a floor model turned into a new R10 for $135 complete - a pretty good deal. My attaboy for today goes to Audiolines.com
http://www.audiolines.com/Accessories-1/Equipment-Carts/Rock-N-Roller-R10

Oh, BTW Sweetwater wouldn't budge on their price today...

#270286 - 08/31/09 08:39 PM Re: Attaboy for a retailer
Beakybird Offline

Fantastic! I have a happy hand truck story.

I use a 2 wheel hand truck from Clipper Products. Mine is very similar to this one:
http://www.handtrucks.com/hand-trucks/compact-luggage-hand-trucks/clipper90handtruck.cfm

They have lifetime warranties, and about every year and a half, one goes out on me, luckily in a way that I can use it for the gig. I have a spare at home. Clipper has always repaired them for me, just charging me shipping which both ways is $20.

One just broke completely after being in service for about 5 years, and Clipper is sending me a brand new one.

The Rock 'n roller looks great, but the Clipper fits my needs better.

Beakybird

#270287 - 09/01/09 03:24 AM Re: Attaboy for a retailer
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Beakybird

Wondering how many trips it takes for you with that dolly?

#270288 - 09/01/09 09:27 AM Re: Attaboy for a retailer
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Hi Beakybird

Wondering how many trips it takes for you with that dolly?

Just one trip! Here's what goes on dolly:

gig bag with PSR-S900 and tupperware with headset mic & cables
keyboard stand
2 fbt speakers
bag for power and audio cables.

No need for mic stand as I use a headset
No need for speaker poles as I angle them up on the floor.

I have speaker poles that I keep at home and usually use only on higher profile gigs.

Beakybird

#270289 - 09/02/09 01:27 PM Re: Attaboy for a retailer
cassp Offline

My "Multi-Cart" R10 arrived today. Nowhere on the box or cart does it say "Rock n Roller." I find that strange, but not disconcerting. It looks like an R10, assembled like an R10, is constructed like an R10 and called an R10 - must be an R10. The invoice labels it a rock n roller R10. Good service, good price, good product.

#270290 - 09/02/09 02:13 PM Re: Attaboy for a retailer
Dnj Offline

Congrat's Now your "ROLLIN'" Cass

#270291 - 09/03/09 10:35 AM Re: Attaboy for a retailer
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Hi Beakybird, I would love to see a photo of the hand truck fully loaded. Sounds like it might be good for me too.

Graham

#270292 - 09/03/09 03:12 PM Re: Attaboy for a retailer
cassp Offline

Beaky - I finally looked at your cart and it seems as if it would work for many of us. My concern is that I would still have to tilt the truck to roll it. My keyboard and case are almost 50" long and weight 60 lbs. Start adding the weight of my other equipment and pushing or pulling that load on an angle is about as bad as just wheeling the keyboard as I did before the r10. The handle of the Clipper 90 would be below the height of my keyboard and that would make it difficult to use the cart effectively - 4me.

#270293 - 09/03/09 03:33 PM Re: Attaboy for a retailer
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The thing that bothers me the most about Rock'nRollers is how much room they take up in a car. I prefer the folding wheel handcarts, that fold up flat and can be stored in the smallest of places...

BTW, my keyboard case has handles at the ends, so, once the handcart is loaded (case, cords case, stand and seat, mike stand and monitor stand all in one go), I don't grab the cart itself, but use the handle on the case...

Has anyone seen something like the Rock'nRolla (four wheels) but with folding wheels that collapses to a smaller form?

#270294 - 09/03/09 07:51 PM Re: Attaboy for a retailer
Beakybird Offline

I'll have to get a picture the next few days.

The reason I picked this cart is because the bottom plate comes out enough that it is able to scoop up my speakers. It's very quick for me to get in and out of gigs.

I don't think this would work for Caasp. My gear isn't quite as heavy and the cart does break down every year and a half with a kb and case that weigh 40 lbs.

Beakybird

#270295 - 09/03/09 08:13 PM Re: Attaboy for a retailer
cassp Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
The thing that bothers me the most about Rock'nRollers is how much room they take up in a car. I prefer the folding wheel handcarts, that fold up flat and can be stored in the smallest of places...

Has anyone seen something like the Rock'nRolla (four wheels) but with folding wheels that collapses to a smaller form?

There you go Diki, that's a great idea and I bet you could find a big market for it too. Go for it! But if not, the R8, with 8" wheels sits pretty close to the ground - the mini R6 is even smaller. All RnR's use the same frame, only different extensions, sides and wheels at the extreme smallest and largest.

#270296 - 09/03/09 10:16 PM Re: Attaboy for a retailer
Dnj Offline

Correction the smaller R&R carts are lighter gage and smaller in max carry weight & size.
http://www.rocknrollercart.com/products.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online