SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#270135 - 08/29/09 12:59 PM Re: Selling my G70... yep I am.
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Up until the PSR-3000 became available I used two keyboards, once of which tipped the scales at more than 50 pounds. Several years ago I posted a photo of the rig on this forum, which took nearly 45 minutes to set up--WHAT A BEAST!

When the PSR-3000 became available I began paring things down, including the number of keyboards. It was the best move I've ever made. While playing with two keyboards provided a security blanket, in reality I have never had a complete failure of any keyboard in all the years I've been performing. So, now it's a single keyboard and a laptop for a backup system--just in case I were to encounter that first-time keyboard failure.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#270136 - 08/29/09 01:38 PM Re: Selling my G70... yep I am.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
cassp,

You were quoting Sgt. Schulz not Corporal Klinger. I've had similar thoughts about my G70, it is a beast to move around. Sometimes I think I'd trade it for a Tyros 2.

Tom

Thing is, if you are using a 76, and actually NEED a 76, your options are very limited. Tops in weight you are going to save is maybe 10 lbs. or so, unless you drop all the way down to an E60. Seems a not very significant saving (35 lbs. plus a case is still no featherweight ) for what you will lose.

I just find myself playing too much straight ahead piano to be able to go to a 61... will you be able to give up that ability and not miss it badly?

#270138 - 08/31/09 01:13 PM Re: Selling my G70... yep I am.
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I didn't say the E60 didn't sound good, just not as good as the G70. Yeah, I had to search for a better piano than the default on the e60. A bargain e50 might be a good second board for me.

I think I'm going to keep the G70 now for another month or so. I ordered a Rock n Roller r10 cart today and will see how much of an improvement it will make in transporting everything - including the G. Besides, nothing else out there really lights my fire.

#270139 - 08/31/09 01:55 PM Re: Selling my G70... yep I am.
Dnj Offline

No working musician today should be without a Rock n Roller Cart....you made a very wise choice Cass on both counts keeping the G70 also.
http://www.rocknrollercart.com/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online