SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#270125 - 08/28/09 07:31 PM Selling my G70... yep I am.
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
After just four jobs this week, I've decided the G70 is too bulky and somewhat heavy for me to haul around, in and out, up and down. I can't see wanting to do this as the weather gets rainy, cold and snowy. You know how much I have raved about this keyboard and you also know that Diki and Fran are staunch supporter-owners. Get this mint condition G70, case, footpedal and goodies for a good, reasonable price. $2200
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum29/HTML/002655.html

#270126 - 08/28/09 08:23 PM Re: Selling my G70... yep I am.
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Good grief!

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#270127 - 08/29/09 01:02 AM Re: Selling my G70... yep I am.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry to see you go, cassp... it's been a long time, glad to have had you around in the Roland community.

We'll keep a light on for you...

#270128 - 08/29/09 04:50 AM Re: Selling my G70... yep I am.
leezone Offline

maybe cassp knows something we don't

new Roland TOTL arranger out soon?

#270129 - 08/29/09 05:10 AM Re: Selling my G70... yep I am.
Bachus Offline

Quote:

new Roland TOTL arranger out soon?[/B]

Imagine that Roland could finally do it

Incorporate the UI and base of the Fantom X. Add the V-piano and V-synth (including D-beam and V-link controllers) in a great 76 keybed.

And then finally make a style session that both inspires old and new (It could be a combinaton of an arranger and a fullblown arpegiator or even something like KARMA)
I am expecting Roland to try and push arrangers in a new direction and with all youtfull musicians being addicted to loops and arpegio's it just seems right to blend the old with the new and give it a different name

((As Korg did with Karma.... Steven Kay announced that KARMA could be programmed to also function as an arranger but he does not want to go that direction, i think tough that Roland might want to take this path. The new upcomming roland products will certainly take the brand to a new direction, they allready announced that))

http://keyszone.boards.net

#270130 - 08/29/09 08:31 AM Re: Selling my G70... yep I am.
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Sorry to see you go, cassp... it's been a long time, glad to have had you around in the Roland community.

We'll keep a light on for you...

In the words of Sgt. Klinger, "I know nothing..."
If Roland has something planned, they certainly haven't told me. I'm just some lowly keyboard hack in Detroit. No, I'm probably going to try to make a good sale and then seek a deal for a PA800. I can't handle the awkward, bulky weight of the G70 and its wheely Gator case - over 60lbs.

I'm not even thinking Roland now. I've had the E60 too, but it's sound doesn't match the G70, so why go there again. The e50 might be an avenue, but it sems the price doesn't match the vehicle, so it's time to move on. Maybe a T2 or a S900, but I feel I'd have the same unsatisfied feelings I've experienced with the PSR 3000.

#270131 - 08/29/09 10:49 AM Re: Selling my G70... yep I am.
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
MY E 80 and I are married for life.
however it only does studio work.
It doesn't travel with me in the motorhome, after the first time
bebop

#270132 - 08/29/09 12:27 PM Re: Selling my G70... yep I am.
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I just bought a shelf for my R10 Rock N Roller. My G70 goes from my studio stand to the shelf,to my van, and vice versa, always at waist level. What a Godsend.

#270133 - 08/29/09 12:40 PM Re: Selling my G70... yep I am.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Imagine that Roland could finally do it

Incorporate the UI and base of the Fantom X. Add the V-piano and V-synth (including D-beam and V-link controllers) in a great 76 keybed.

And then finally make a style session that both inspires old and new (It could be a combinaton of an arranger and a fullblown arpegiator or even something like KARMA)
I am expecting Roland to try and push arrangers in a new direction and with all youtfull musicians being addicted to loops and arpegio's it just seems right to blend the old with the new and give it a different name

I wouldn't want to THINK what that shopping list of ingredients would cost, Bachus

At this point, especially given Roland's marketing of the GW-8 (basically, they don't even want to CONSIDER using the word 'arranger' ), I have a feeling that, other than low end stuff (EXR's, Preludes, that kind of thing), Roland are leaving the arranger field.

Most young players aren't even remotely familiar with arrangers other than to bang around on their granddad's Bossa machine There has to be a demand FOR a product before it gets made, and so far, the WS seems to be keeping the youngsters happy enough...

All I am hoping for, at this point, is that WS's adopt enough of the arrangers' basic concepts (especially being able to hit fills whenever you feel like it and they stay in sync) that they can take over from our current machines and be usable, at least, from an arranger perspective. The MotifXS is getting very close, just needs a couple of things and it is ready...

Thing is, if you play modern music on a WS, it ALREADY is ready for prime time. Fills aren't all that big a part of the modern loop driven sound.. But with almost mutually exclusive markets, I don't think we are likely to see a product that straddles both worlds. Not too many kids into hiphop AND ballroom music, and not too many oldsters into bossa AND deep house, or gangsta rap

#270134 - 08/29/09 12:50 PM Re: Selling my G70... yep I am.
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
cassp,

You were quoting Sgt. Schulz not Corporal Klinger. I've had similar thoughts about my G70, it is a beast to move around. Sometimes I think I'd trade it for a Tyros 2.

Tom

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online