SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#270046 - 08/26/09 06:05 AM User uploaded Wersi Pegasus Wing songs.
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I hope he was using the Camera Mike, and not connected directly to the keyboard, otherwise Ouch!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=kjhcct#grid/uploads

#270047 - 08/26/09 06:50 AM Re: User uploaded Wersi Pegasus Wing songs.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
The playing for me makes the keyboard sound like a Cheesy organ from the 80's.

Those clips are really terrible. I blame the keyboard "Player" not the keyboard.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 08-26-2009).]

#270048 - 08/26/09 06:53 AM Re: User uploaded Wersi Pegasus Wing songs.
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Interesting videos... I have to say though that Wersi did a awful job IMO on the design of this instrument.

1. Could the control buttons "be" any further away from the player! for Pete's sake who in the heck at Wersi made that decision?

2. Again.., about the control panel locations.., how much further does Wersi plan on putting the arranger controls from the player?

3. Again., control layout..., it's one thing to have them pushed back so far.., but the panel is almost level/flat!

4. All that wasted space underneath the touch screen.., wouldn't that be a MUCH better place for the arranger controls?

It's obvious the focus on this layout is for the ORGAN player and NOT the arranger player.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 08-26-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#270049 - 08/26/09 10:33 AM Re: User uploaded Wersi Pegasus Wing songs.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another Wersi demo that's a great ad for buying a Casio.

#270050 - 08/26/09 10:59 AM Re: User uploaded Wersi Pegasus Wing songs.
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I'm not even going to comment on the sound or even the guy doing the demo. I just can't understand why they would design this thing with the panel controls (including the arranger controls) so far away from the player.

Wersi's will always be designed for the "organ" player. You get all the drawbars you need right there at your fingertips.., but everything else (as it appears from Wersi's design team).., must be secondary to the organ player. Including reasonable access to the arranger controls.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#270051 - 08/26/09 11:30 AM Re: User uploaded Wersi Pegasus Wing songs.
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
We will probably have to wait for the official demos (When it’s in production) before we know what it really sounds like.
However any SZ members attending the Pakefield Keyboard Festival will be able to hear it live with professional demonstrators, as well being able to try it for their selves in direct comparison to the competition. (It gets its UK debut there)
Fingers crossed

Bill

#270052 - 08/26/09 11:33 AM Re: User uploaded Wersi Pegasus Wing songs.
Bachus Offline

People I don't think this is a demo...

Its a home player trying to show off his newest toy, and he is a lousy musician he must have a serious detunation problem in his ears.

If i was Wersi, i would get some very good demo's up very fast.... this is not advertisement, this is ruining a good product even before it got released.

I personally don't think the controlls are to bad, i love the drawbar positionioning. But there could easilly have been added some style controlls in front of the screen.

Still i have no clue what this Pegasus wing is missing compared to an abacus ? I only know they left the single best feauture of the Abacus out of the Pegasus. There is no VST support for the Pegasus. So you can't load any vst's at all. Somehow i get the feeling that in the Pegasus Wersi removed the O from OAS.

This is why i love wersi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feyEuuHcmMw
I hope that the Pegasus can make those organ sounds too, but i doubt it has the OX7 organ module. And can this Pegasus even load vst's ?

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 08-26-2009).]

http://keyszone.boards.net

#270053 - 08/26/09 12:06 PM Re: User uploaded Wersi Pegasus Wing songs.
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi.

It's sure a new design who differ from the rest of the "gang", and I think it look great.
Regarding where buttons and controls are placed, maybe the OS are buildt so it's possible
to set up a "favourite" layout on the big touchscreen who take care of (at least I hope
so) some of the personal taste? Also I guess it's possible to add some footcontrollers as
other manufacturers do.

The video uploaded don't give a pro demostration, and recorded sound quality is very poor.
Looking forward to Wersi's release of some official demoes, I'm sure that will make us see
and hear things quite different.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#270054 - 08/26/09 02:44 PM Re: User uploaded Wersi Pegasus Wing songs.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think the design layout just shows Wersi's fanatical devotion to the organ, despite history completely passing them by...

There's an old guy in charge probably going 'Wersi have always been about organs, und Gott in Himmel, it vill ALWAYS be about organs!' He probably has a shrine to Klaus Wunderlich in his home

A niche product for a niche market... another opportunity missed.

#270055 - 08/27/09 12:19 PM Re: User uploaded Wersi Pegasus Wing songs.
Bachus Offline

I just listened again to these video's and there is only one comment that comes to my mind..........

"Don't try this at home kids"

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online