SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#269967 - 08/28/09 04:17 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hi Diki
The Euro-Sound started in Germany and spread out to the clubs, bars and party capitals of Europe, it should not be seen as the European Sound par see. (Euro-Sound is a General Style of music)

While chart tunes are played in the European Clubs, Bars and Party Capitals, most of the music is unique to these types of premises, and does not feature in the charts.

Because the Euro-Sound is a style, it does not relate to any specific instrument. (Although keyboards in general do tend to predominate)

For further examples, go to the unused styles in your keyboard, and you will find plenty of styles (And OTS) with Euro within the name. (Just add reverb to get the bright club sound)

Regards

Bill

Bill, in this case, I'm pretty sure you were warning about the high organ content of the clip, not that it used a modern house beat...

This would have got a pretty decent review IF the player had used what WOULD be authentic 'house', 'European disco' (whatever you want to call it) lead sounds (as, in fact, he moved to towards the end). But sticking that awful skating rink organ on top of a contemporary beat is no more authentic than me using a synth solo on a bluegrass tune!

#269968 - 08/30/09 05:45 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
124 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
You know, I follow the European charts quite a bit, and I don't remember the last time I heard an organ instrumental hit the top of the pops!

ROFLMAO (the A is for Anterior, doncha know)

What Diki! You don't remember Cherry Wainer?

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online