SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#269907 - 08/23/09 02:12 AM Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If you don't like the Euro-sound then don't bother clicking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb4EZjyxRDg&fmt=18

Enjoy

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 08-23-2009).]

#269908 - 08/23/09 02:49 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
This is FU$KING AWESOME!!!

#269909 - 08/23/09 03:31 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Bachus Offline

That was an awesome performance......

http://keyszone.boards.net

#269910 - 08/23/09 04:33 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Tony Hughes Offline

Apparently the Audya will sound like that in OS3 ?????????? that wasn't a human playing that it's was an android.

Mind blowing - thanks for finding it.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#269911 - 08/23/09 12:18 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:

Your post shows reflects that type of person that you come off, absolutely no class! This is a public forum, not a street corner. Please show more respect to the members and refrain for using vulgarity. I suspect that your not thirteen years old, so I’m sure that you can show a little more restraint on how you can express your likes and dislikes.

#269912 - 08/23/09 12:42 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
mc, this is the way it goes when we learn the language from USA movies.
That "f" word seem to appear in every second word nowadays.
Too bad, looks like it's been adapted in Europe as well.

Cheers
GJ

Wops, forgot to add that I enjoy this clip as well as well as the clips
Abacus posted regarding Florians great playing.
Some young and talented Germans sure play Wersi organs in a very cool and
tasty way.
Only wish I managed to control my fingers and feet like that.

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 08-23-2009).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#269913 - 08/23/09 07:19 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Nedim Offline

MC, i use that word when completely satisfied and excited or completely dissapointed and pissed...
and will continue to use...everytime there is a split second to express my self the F word is first in my brain.
Now MC please tell me whats the name of this composition, i know it well but not the name.
Thank You!

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 08-23-2009).]

#269914 - 08/23/09 07:22 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Nedim Offline

Let me add, this is so far the BEST performance and the BEST sound i've heard on SZ!

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 08-24-2009).]

#269915 - 08/24/09 07:52 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Let me add, this is so far the BEST performance and the BEST sound i've heard on DZ!

Explain DZ! , that word does not ring any bells with me

And yes, the Wersi Organ sounds are the best in the world....

#269916 - 08/24/09 02:02 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
When will we see the new Pegasus ?? from Wersi ??

Impuls

#269917 - 08/25/09 12:59 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
abacus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Impuls:
When will we see the new Pegasus ?? from Wersi ??

Impuls

It’s been premiered in Europe, and is due for its debut in the UK at the Pakefield Keyboard Festival in September, so production should start soon.
Contact your nearest dealer for details.
Here are some links, taking your profile details as a base.
http://www.elrecom.nl/
http://www.hsmuziek.nl/
http://www.muziekhuisdacapo.nl/

Hope this helps

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 08-25-2009).]

#269918 - 08/25/09 11:11 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's just the incongruence of the thing that always gets me...

One of the most advanced arrangers ever. Very highly skilled players. One this one, at least, a pretty contemporary drum track...

And, at least until the halfway point, a cheeseball organ sound as the lead over a pretty hard house beat! It's like me trying to play a 50 Cent rap song on my trombone!

Can I do it? Sure....

SHOULD I do it...? Probably not...

#269919 - 08/25/09 11:20 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Would those who think this performance (not the sound)is "awesome" tell me the reasons you think it is "awesome?" BTW: I also ask folks who rave about a movie WHY they rave about a movie!

Lucky

#269920 - 08/25/09 11:33 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
This is a public forum, not a street corner. Please show more respect to the members and refrain for using vulgarity.

MC,

Thanks for speaking up on this. That's one of the first things I noticed in here was the complete lack of profanity, and even very few references to that kind of language. If I'm correct, Nigel doesn't monitor for that, which is a compliment to the members that they maintain the status quo themselves.

I would have said something myself, but it's been my experience that I lose friends that way. Years ago, a girl friend that I had broken up with said to me something like this:

Lucky...we had some great times together, but, to be honest, it's good to be able to curse again!

Consequently, I don't tell anyone anymore how I feel about "blue" language. I just try and avoid it!

Lucky

#269921 - 08/25/09 12:56 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Hey, mc....

I'm afraid the only way to show class is not to DEMAND polite language from others (doing that ain't classy, anyway, demanding something is just as rude as swearing in the first place)... It's merely to continue to use it yourself, despite what others do.

I'm afraid that, basically, this is Nigel's sandbox. He is the only one with the authority to DEMAND anything of anyone

You MIGHT have given Nedim at least a BIT of credit for misspelling (or slightly disguising the word) it. Lord knows, there's enough WTF's and SOB's, PITA's and other acronymic substitutions for bad language that, if you are going to play Thought Police or Mrs. Grundy on this forum (self appointed, that is ), you had better start ticketing, too...

Why don't we just let the MODERATOR play moderator here, eh? The rest of us can stick to our arrangers...

#269922 - 08/25/09 01:01 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
mc Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Hey, mc....

I'm afraid the only way to show class is not to DEMAND polite language from others (doing that ain't classy, anyway, demanding something is just as rude as swearing in the first place)... It's merely to continue to use it yourself, despite what others do.

I'm afraid that, basically, this is Nigel's sandbox. He is the only one with the authority to DEMAND anything of anyone

You MIGHT have given Nedim at least a BIT of credit for misspelling (or slightly disguising the word) it. Lord knows, there's enough WTF's and SOB's, PITA's and other acronymic substitutions for bad language that, if you are going to play Thought Police or Mrs. Grundy on this forum (self appointed, that is ), you had better start ticketing, too...

Why don't we just let the MODERATOR play moderator here, eh? The rest of us can stick to our arrangers...

I see that you have nothing else to do but get into my business now also. The fact is that there are other members that may be offended by the vulgarity. As you may forget this is a keybaord forum not a corner bar or hood in NYC. If Nedim needs you to run to his aid and defend his honor, you both deserve each other then.

good luck, good bye, one, two, you know the rest.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 08-25-2009).]

#269923 - 08/25/09 01:23 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
I see that you have nothing else to do but get into my business now also.

Just as you feel the need to get in other's... (once you post it publicly, as you so self-righteously point out, it is no longer YOUR business )

But, of course, in your case, it's different, isn't it?

Let's put it this way, while you quote another member's puerile dismissive... Maybe it's a bit more important to BEHAVE well here than to always talk with a plum in your mouth...? One, two, cha cha cha has turned into the FU of this forum. Should intent be excoriated as badly as abbreviation of common language (I GUARANTEE that you have actually SAID Nedim's words on more than one occasion )? Are the thought police knocking at our doors?

If so....

One two, cha cha cha...

Take it any way you want.

#269924 - 08/25/09 01:40 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
mc Offline

I have said the "f" bomb a few times but I refrain from using it in a public forum despite some members deserving to hear it. I also know that there are older ladies and gentlemen here that frequent synthzone and they should be shown respect. It’s already bad enough we bash each other because my keyboard is better than yours. But a little decency can be shown by not using vulgarity in posts.

Moving on to 1,2,3, chacha, I don't care what it means or what you interpret it to be. As far as I'm concerned its just a style on my keyboard.

#269925 - 08/25/09 04:24 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Which is where it hopefully stays, then...

Look, you MIGHT have noticed that I am NOT one of those using much vulgarity on this forum, so it's not like I'm exactly voting FOR it. But I have always been for freedom of expression (unless it is direct personal attack). And, I'm sorry to say, modern vernacular HAS gotten a bit more vulgar...

Let us not for one minute think that what YOU consider acceptable, at some time in the past, YOUR grandparents were shocked at the informality of it... I am fairly sure you don't walk out of any bar or public place where you might overhear such language (and I'm confident you don't go up to the face of someone speaking like that and be as personally insulting as you were to Nedim to get them to stop ), so why the tirade here? Oh, that's right... because there are no consequences (short of a little back and forth about the subject) for your own rudeness and intolerance...

As I said before, why don't you simply let the moderator moderate? No doubt, when the large majority of the membership gets all in a huff about it, he can make the ruling. In the meantime, I'm sorry, but half of our 'elderly' membership here are the ones mixing it up on a daily basis! There doesn't seem to be the outpouring of outrage that, let's say posting under an assumed name generates. (or the banning, for a time out)...

Obviously, the majority of the membership has different priorities than perhaps you do. Personally, the expression of vulgarity only disturbs me when it is said with ill intent, as a personal attack. Exuberance is hardly call for censorship, especially if deliberately misspelled (at least that shows a KNOWLEDGE of what is and isn't acceptable here - you DID notice the misspell? ), and from a younger member with his OWN set of informalities. We need as many of them as we can keep, and metaphorically dashing out your front door and bellowing 'HEY! YOU KIDS! GET OFF MY LAWN!' isn't exactly the way to keep them interested in being here...

One, two, Jive (it's a style on my arranger )

#269926 - 08/25/09 04:38 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Not that the validation is necessary, nor asked for, but to you Diki I say a well reasoned and appropriate point of view. One I agree with 100%.

Dennis

#269927 - 08/25/09 05:20 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
As you may forget this is a keybaord forum not a ..... hood in NYC.

Since we all 'get your drift', I COULD say that I found that far more offensive than the 'f' word. And as far as respect for the 'elderly', they should have the same access to profanity as anyone else (otherwise it's age discrimination ).

chas

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 08-25-2009).]

#269928 - 08/25/09 05:27 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
cgiles Offline

goof up.

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 08-25-2009).]

#269929 - 08/25/09 05:40 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
mc Offline

Why change your comment now, or you think I didn't see the ex-girlfriend remark. I find that totally stupid, to which you don't even know me. I don't have to explain why I stated the hood in NYC, because Nedim knows exactly what I'm talking about. I'm no longer going to comment on this thread.

#269930 - 08/25/09 05:56 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

We all know EXACTLY what you are talking about, unfortunately, mc...

Trouble is, if you think that language is what you'd hear in some African American 'hood in NYC', you simply haven't been hanging around young WHITE suburban (actually, from any area) kids much, have you?

This ain't a 'hood' thang... it's a 21st century thang.

Prithee, willst thou remain in thine own time, or shouldst thou adopt yon strange and most foul inflections of speech? Methinks 'tis vexing to thy companions thou shouldst impose thy speech upon them...

When in Rome, curse like the Romans do...

(Vidi, vici, veni )

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 08-25-2009).]

#269931 - 08/25/09 06:40 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

I think it might benefit some of you to try backing up and looking at the bigger picture here. This is not about dropping a curse word anymore. It’s now about does someone have First Amendment rights and freedom of expression, isn’t it?

But, what it really is about is self-centeredness and selfishness. It’s about do what YOU want to do and don’t concern yourself with how you’ve just affected someone else. As in the right to carry a gun. Don’t dare step on the toes of a gun owner, ‘cause he has his RIGHT (to carry a gun), doesn’t he. Well, what about my right to live a peaceful existence without fear of being caught up in some street gun battle? Does HIS right supercede mine?

So Nedim has a right to use the F word in here. I also have every right to be offended, and let that offense be known. So now whose right takes precedence?

Now I’m going to play Devil’s Advocate. Diki, I’m wondering what your response would be if MC had said something like: Hey, Nedim...cool...you’re expressing your right to drop a four letter word in the group. Can you do that more so the other members catch on and they start doing it themselves. I can’t help but think you’d swing the other way and take up the cause of trying to keep the room sterile, ‘cause part of what keeps you so sharp is always having an adversary to work off of.

Now what’s the big deal for members to respect other member’s postures and NOT use that word if it's offensive to even ONE other person. It’s going to hurt THEM a lot less NOT to use the word, then it WILL hurt ME to HEAR it.

It’s called consideration for other people. Somewhere along the way we slipped into the “me” generation and it looks like that’s the road we’ll be traveling for a long time to come.

Above it all, do we not have any respect for the ladies that read these posts (as MC stated)?

Lucky

#269932 - 08/25/09 06:42 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:

Now Diki's got me wondering who put the dollar sign in? Was it Nedim or Nigel?

#269933 - 08/25/09 07:55 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Why change your comment now, or you think I didn't see the ex-girlfriend remark. I find that totally stupid, to which you don't even know me. I don't have to explain why I stated the hood in NYC

I changed it because I mistakenly attributed Lucky's remark re his ex-girlfriend, to you. Nothing sinister going on. As far as not knowing you, you're right; but I do feel I know you a little better now.

chas

#269934 - 08/25/09 08:03 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
I changed it because I mistakenly attributed Lucky's remark re his ex-girlfriend, to you.
chas

Now you're talking about my ex-girlfriend!!! What the *&^%$ is going on around here? There's a coup happening right under my nose, and I'm the last to know about it! On top of that....my Civil Rights are being violated!!! All this over a simple curse word? I'm going to burn my computer and put duct tape over my mouth with a sign that says "Do not open until Xmas."

#269935 - 08/25/09 08:07 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

quote:
Now you're talking about my ex-girlfriend!!! What the *&^%$ is going on around here? There's a coup happening right under my nose, and I'm the last to know about it! On top of that....my Civil Rights are being violated!!! All this over a simple curse word? I'm going to burn my computer and put duct tape over my mouth with a sign that says "Do not open until Xmas."

As Lonnie Donnegan said in the song: Rock Island Line: "I fooled you, I fooled you...I got old pig iron, I got old pig iron, I got.....old pig iron.

I've had enough of this topic. I'm going back to the Korg thread. Rikki had good news for me.

Lucky

[This message has been edited by Lucky2Bhere (edited 08-25-2009).]

#269936 - 08/25/09 08:09 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Nedim Offline

If he approached me in public and told me what to say it would've been different, one of us
wouldnt be able to use his fingers here on the forum for few days.

#269937 - 08/25/09 08:12 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Nedim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:

I did, not Nigel and there was no need for this, i said it out of excitement and i will
repeat it again in the future, no matter what MC says, i think he showed already that HE is no class.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 08-25-2009).]

#269938 - 08/26/09 01:18 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Bachus Offline

Quote:
I did, not Nigel and there was no need for this, i said it out of excitement and i will
repeat it again in the future, no matter what MC says, i think he showed already that HE is no class.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 08-25-2009).]

I agree with you on this.... it was just a way of speech, nothing vulgar at all, just some plain modern language that todays youth uses to indicate their admiration.

Language changes over time and things that where vulgar 50 years ago, are now well accepted by a majorrity of the population.

Only if i know someone has problems with language like this i will not use it in his neighbourhood out of respect for his being, but in the local pub and among friends i see no reason not to use this language.

#269939 - 08/26/09 03:00 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Quote:

No-one can edit their post here without the usual footnote. Nedim wrote the post that way in the first place. Of course, you already know that, but had to get the dig in anyway...

Look, I, and I think a fair number of the membership have used the occasional WTF, sh*t, bullsh*t, PITA, POS and , I'm sad to say, I've seen much of this written in plain English too. I don't recall any furor about it at the time, certainly no forum uprising. It's pretty obvious that this fails to offend much of the membership, Rikki (and our few other female membership) included. Or, at least, it fails to offend enough to warrant a rant..

You see, the whole point of the 'cop on the corner' is supposed to be his impartiality. If he wants to police this, he has to police it ALL. Or he simply comes off like someone with an axe to grind on one member. I certainly haven't seen that anywhere here. Where were you? Where was mc? Too busy?

How many times do I have to say it...? WE ALREADY GOT A MODERATOR. Why don't we simply leave it in the hands of the person RUNNING THIS PLACE to decide what is and isn't appropriate..? (last I checked, it was neither of you)

If you want a forum with squeaky clean language, start your own...

#269940 - 08/26/09 03:23 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Respect for the older folks.., shoot I can only assume you don't hang out with too many of the older folks today mc. It's not just the younger generation throwing around the F bomb all willy nilly. If I had a nickel for every senior (men and woman well over the age of 60) that I've heard drop the F bomb in OPEN PUBLIC AREAS.., I'd have at least two of every keyboard out there right now. I heard at least 2 seniors at WalMart the other day dropping the F bomb. One guy told his wife.. "I ain't eating none of that F---in wheat bread so don't bother buying it". I heard an elderly woman cursing out the cashier at the WalMart Subway too. That little old lady was dropping F bombs left and right!

Nedim even changed the spelling a bit too..., tell me how that IS NOT showing at least SOME level of respect...????? Yet you take an obvious racial dig reducing it to language of the hood in NYC. What the hell's wrong with you man.., oops I mean what the "heck" is wrong with you? Nedim DID at least show some respect by changing the spelling a little.

Your comment was completey offensive and totally WITHOUT class. I think people would rather see the F bomb (with altered spelling) rather than racial ignorance.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#269941 - 08/26/09 03:31 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Let's get back to what REALLY offends everyone here...

Someone not liking their personal choice in arranger, music, playing style, hatwear...

#269942 - 08/26/09 04:38 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

deleted on 2nd thoughts

[This message has been edited by Lucky2Bhere (edited 08-26-2009).]

#269943 - 08/26/09 04:41 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

Only if i know someone has problems with language like this i will not use it in his neighbourhood out of respect for his being,

The mark of a true gentleman!

#269944 - 08/26/09 04:42 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

...but in the local pub and among friends i see no reason not to use this language.

The mark of true practicality!

#269945 - 08/26/09 04:47 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

As I said...

You want a squeaky clean forum, have at it...!

What I want to know is, why am I the object of your diatribe (I certainly don't post what I think of you personally, you REALLY don't want me to go down that path you have already trodden yourself! ), when I have absolutely nothing to do with what gets posted and removed here? All I have tried to point out is the status quo...

I don't believe for one minute you have the balls to talk to our moderator here (who actually IS in charge of this) with the personal way you are talking to me. If you don't like how things are here, heap your scorn onto HIM (and see where it gets you!). No?

Didn't think so.

#269946 - 08/26/09 06:06 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Diki....out of a sense of fair play, I deleted that message. You're right, you didn't attack me personally.

But I feel you DO have a way of negating what people have to say and making them feel trivial and unimportant. In this case, it was me and I'm not one to run with my tail between my legs.

Reference Nigel, I'm sure he's read this thread already and is smart enough to figure out no one is trying to sanitize the SynthZone.

BTW, it doesn't take "b___" to talk to Nigel. He's a very easy person to have a conversation with.

Lucky

[This message has been edited by Lucky2Bhere (edited 08-26-2009).]

#269947 - 08/26/09 07:07 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
As an interesting sidenote, there is a place known to most of us that is a "Clean Forum".

The Bose Forum.

They actually preview EACH POST that is submitted in any thread, and if they find a "disallowed word" (which could be as harmless as Hell or even Damn I believe -!) they remove it - telling you they have done so within your post.

I posted something the other day that was a reasonable and necessary (and certainly not hostile) post, and when it appeared, I saw this:

"We're using MS Word.

Believe it or not, that's the most immediately practical and useful software for several reasons:

1. All our Chords/Lyrics are already in, edited with and created on Word.
2. I don't want to play any of our sequences from the PC as I have no MP3s of our Midi files prepared, and the soundcard and most available software would sound pretty <> to my current setup (I'm a keyboard player) so my Korg PA-1x Pro Elite plays Midi files better than most PC/Software combos, and, more to the point - it has dual sequencers so I can load up songs before they're immediately needed.

As for the OneNote deal, it doesn't seem practical for us at this stage, I'm sure it's cool and all, but.....

Edit: Forum-Admin changed a disallowed word -- please see our Terms of Service link at the bottom of every page.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Forum-Admin, Mon August 24 2009 11:23 AM"

I can't even remember what my disallowed word was - it was that "mild"!!!!

So my point is this:

That is an example of a Forum that uses severe moderation (let's face it) and you either participate in that Forum accepting those rules or not - simple as that.
FWIW, it is, as you may have heard, an EXCELLENT Forum (understatement) and the Moderation forces you to explain yourself clearly without swearing, or any hostile behaviour.

I'm still not sure personally how I feel about the enforced editing. I'm not sure I like it really - but the Forum (whether you like Bose of not btw) is COMPLETELY worth participating in, and the system DOES work so.....

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#269948 - 08/26/09 07:17 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
I think I said "Crappy"

as in:

"2. I don't want to play any of our sequences from the PC as I have no MP3s of our Midi files prepared, and the soundcard and most available software would sound pretty <> to my current setup..."

(I just remembered - pretty sure that's the word I used...)

So "crappy" is too much apparently!

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#269949 - 08/26/09 08:17 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
mc Offline

I apologize to anyone that I offended for my comment about hood...NYC; it was not necessary and had racial under tones that depicts NYC neighborhoods in a wrong light.

It won’t happen again, I'm sorry.

Also the age comment, it was not intended to discriminate peoples ages.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 08-26-2009).]

#269950 - 08/27/09 06:05 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
I apologize to anyone that I offended for my comment about hood...NYC; it was not necessary and had racial under tones that depicts NYC neighborhoods in a wrong light.

MC, I don't think anyone (certainly not me) was looking for an apology, although it was gracious of you to extend one. I was merely trying to point out that words used to express your indignation over the use of the 'f-bomb' could be equally offensive to a segment of the board (the segment that is opposed to prejudging people). Sometimes, what is perfectly acceptable within one's 'inner circle' of friends, may not be acceptable or appropriate in a wider, more diverse, population (like this board).

I'm not nearly as 'thin-skinned' as some on this board believe I am, but I am on this particular issue. That's because race, like being short or tall, or being musically talented (or not), being athletically gifted, being inherently (genetically) 'smart' or dumb, is beyond our control (we are what we are) and says little or nothing about the person within. What we need to remember is that what we say, no matter how innocent the intent, provides the astute observer with a real and honest glimpse into our view of the world.

Again, apology accepted although not necessary. As far as my 'elderly' comment, I was just kidding around so that no one would think I was traumatized by the 'hood' comment. By all means, keep on posting, and if you feel strongly about something, say so. But if so-called 'offensive language' bothers you, then I'd be extra careful about the language I used to express that.

Peace,

chas

#269951 - 08/27/09 12:31 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

And I am grateful to Lucky for retracting his personal attack...

Perhaps I am a bit more willing to allow a more free speech approach to the forum (this is a PRIVATE forum, not a corporate front, so the consequences of a bit of vulgar language aren't worried about by a team of lawyers!), but one of the things that concerns me here is how easily some of us find ourselves attacking the poster, and not the subject of the post, and also how easy it is to slip and make ethnic slurs, intended or not.

While it is EASY to spot the odd F-bomb, sometimes (as we have seen here) the very same people all up in arms about a little vulgar exuberance (self-sanitized, at that) can be the very ones to commit THOSE sins almost unnoticed...

Unfortunately, I think making a personal attack on a member (rather than sticking to the point of the thread), or making a (barely disguised) racial slur are FAR worse examples of rudeness and disrespect than dropping the odd sanitized vulgar expression. I believe that they lower the tone and friendliness of this forum FAR more than seeing the odd PITA and 'F*ckin' awesome!' as a comment. But strangely, it's the very people that want the 'language' cleared up that are resorting to MUCH more damaging behavior to make their points.

While looking at the mote in their brother member's eye, they ignore the beam in their own.

Perhaps we could ALL learn a lesson from this...?

Before you demand the APPEARANCE of niceness, you actually have to be NICE

#269952 - 08/27/09 02:25 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:

No it wasn't me. But just try typing the actual spelling into a forum posting and you will see the forum software will automatically replace letters. Most cuss words will be auto censored by the forum. I don't have to do anything. But that wasn't the case here at all. The forum software replaces letters with ******

#269953 - 08/27/09 02:41 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Wow! Never even knew that... and I bet most of our members didn't either. And THAT, more than anything, I think actually shows that we DO try to at least self-censor here at SZ. Maybe it's not Sesame Street, here, but it certainly isn't The Osbourne's!

Now, where's that software to automatically remove a person's post if he attacks a member personally, or makes a racial slur...?

#269954 - 08/27/09 02:51 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
i thought the clip was alright. But i dont like the european sound so i should have headed the warning.

#269955 - 08/27/09 03:10 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
No it wasn't me. But just try typing the actual spelling into a forum posting and you will see the forum software will automatically replace letters. Most cuss words will be auto censored by the forum. I don't have to do anything. But that wasn't the case here at all. The forum software replaces letters with ******

I just had to clean the neighbors dog **** off my driveway (just testing Nigel's auto censoring software ).

chas

The sofware didn't work.

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 08-27-2009).]

#269956 - 08/27/09 03:35 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Nigel Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:

The sofware didn't work.

OK you are right, it didn't. But as you would prefer that it would have censored you it will now if you try the same line again lol.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 08-27-2009).]

#269957 - 08/27/09 04:10 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

I would have thought that, if the forum software worked, he wouldn't have HAD TO edit his post...

#269958 - 08/27/09 04:19 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Nigel Offline
Admin

Quote:
I would have thought that, if the forum software worked, he wouldn't have HAD TO edit his post...

Yep you are right. So I have now upped the censorship level. I didn't think it was necessary to be so prudish but I have now just to prove a point but for no other reason.

#269959 - 08/27/09 07:47 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Come one guys.., show of hands.., after Nigel posted that the software was supposed to pick it up and make slight alterations.., how many of you heard that little voice in your head tempting you saying "come on just try it out" I admit it was the first thing that popped up in my head
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#269960 - 08/27/09 11:10 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Yep you are right. So I have now upped the censorship level. I didn't think it was necessary to be so prudish but I have now just to prove a point but for no other reason.

So Mrs. Grundy wins after all...

Trouble is, as this thread (or whatever it devolved into) proves, simply replacing a few vowels isn't sufficient to appease the prudes. Nedim did this himself voluntarily, and it STILL got flamed!

I've got a feeling it isn't going to catch these 'altered' words, anyway (tested and confirmed!), so the forum is likely to remain as offensive as our 'thought police' found them..!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 08-27-2009).]

#269961 - 08/27/09 11:27 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
i thought the clip was alright. But i dont like the european sound so i should have headed the warning.

You know, I follow the European charts quite a bit, and I don't remember the last time I heard an organ instrumental hit the top of the pops!

This is no more the 'European sound' than bluegrass is the "American sound'! It is liked by quite a few people, and players, but has no real impact on what is actually selling in any great numbers. In fact, I'd be willing to say that bluegrass is a LOT more popular than cheesy organ instrumentals

#269962 - 08/28/09 12:51 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Nedim Offline

#269963 - 08/28/09 03:38 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
cgiles Offline

'hood'

'the hood'

'da hood'

Nope. Sorry Nigel, still doesn't work .

chas

#269964 - 08/28/09 04:50 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Bachus Offline

Quote:

Oh no he just cursed us all, and we didn't even understand him ......

Great AI on that forum software, it now totaly whipes all of Nedim's comments...

#269965 - 08/28/09 05:41 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
abacus Offline

Hi Diki
The Euro-Sound started in Germany and spread out to the clubs, bars and party capitals of Europe, it should not be seen as the European Sound par see. (Euro-Sound is a General Style of music)

While chart tunes are played in the European Clubs, Bars and Party Capitals, most of the music is unique to these types of premises, and does not feature in the charts.

Because the Euro-Sound is a style, it does not relate to any specific instrument. (Although keyboards in general do tend to predominate)

For further examples, go to the unused styles in your keyboard, and you will find plenty of styles (And OTS) with Euro within the name. (Just add reverb to get the bright club sound)

Regards

Bill

#269966 - 08/28/09 07:44 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hva i svarte granskauen, sensurerer bort "stygge" ord som faen og helvete?

Nigel, I'm just checking if the "auto-sensorship" works
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#269967 - 08/28/09 04:17 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hi Diki
The Euro-Sound started in Germany and spread out to the clubs, bars and party capitals of Europe, it should not be seen as the European Sound par see. (Euro-Sound is a General Style of music)

While chart tunes are played in the European Clubs, Bars and Party Capitals, most of the music is unique to these types of premises, and does not feature in the charts.

Because the Euro-Sound is a style, it does not relate to any specific instrument. (Although keyboards in general do tend to predominate)

For further examples, go to the unused styles in your keyboard, and you will find plenty of styles (And OTS) with Euro within the name. (Just add reverb to get the bright club sound)

Regards

Bill

Bill, in this case, I'm pretty sure you were warning about the high organ content of the clip, not that it used a modern house beat...

This would have got a pretty decent review IF the player had used what WOULD be authentic 'house', 'European disco' (whatever you want to call it) lead sounds (as, in fact, he moved to towards the end). But sticking that awful skating rink organ on top of a contemporary beat is no more authentic than me using a synth solo on a bluegrass tune!

#269968 - 08/30/09 05:45 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
124 Offline

Quote:
You know, I follow the European charts quite a bit, and I don't remember the last time I heard an organ instrumental hit the top of the pops!

ROFLMAO (the A is for Anterior, doncha know)

What Diki! You don't remember Cherry Wainer?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online