SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#269957 - 08/27/09 04:10 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I would have thought that, if the forum software worked, he wouldn't have HAD TO edit his post...

#269958 - 08/27/09 04:19 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I would have thought that, if the forum software worked, he wouldn't have HAD TO edit his post...

Yep you are right. So I have now upped the censorship level. I didn't think it was necessary to be so prudish but I have now just to prove a point but for no other reason.

#269959 - 08/27/09 07:47 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Come one guys.., show of hands.., after Nigel posted that the software was supposed to pick it up and make slight alterations.., how many of you heard that little voice in your head tempting you saying "come on just try it out" I admit it was the first thing that popped up in my head
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#269960 - 08/27/09 11:10 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Yep you are right. So I have now upped the censorship level. I didn't think it was necessary to be so prudish but I have now just to prove a point but for no other reason.

So Mrs. Grundy wins after all...

Trouble is, as this thread (or whatever it devolved into) proves, simply replacing a few vowels isn't sufficient to appease the prudes. Nedim did this himself voluntarily, and it STILL got flamed!

I've got a feeling it isn't going to catch these 'altered' words, anyway (tested and confirmed!), so the forum is likely to remain as offensive as our 'thought police' found them..!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 08-27-2009).]

#269961 - 08/27/09 11:27 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
i thought the clip was alright. But i dont like the european sound so i should have headed the warning.

You know, I follow the European charts quite a bit, and I don't remember the last time I heard an organ instrumental hit the top of the pops!

This is no more the 'European sound' than bluegrass is the "American sound'! It is liked by quite a few people, and players, but has no real impact on what is actually selling in any great numbers. In fact, I'd be willing to say that bluegrass is a LOT more popular than cheesy organ instrumentals

#269962 - 08/28/09 12:51 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC

#269963 - 08/28/09 03:38 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
'hood'

'the hood'

'da hood'

Nope. Sorry Nigel, still doesn't work .

chas

#269964 - 08/28/09 04:50 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:

Oh no he just cursed us all, and we didn't even understand him ......

Great AI on that forum software, it now totaly whipes all of Nedim's comments...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#269965 - 08/28/09 05:41 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Diki
The Euro-Sound started in Germany and spread out to the clubs, bars and party capitals of Europe, it should not be seen as the European Sound par see. (Euro-Sound is a General Style of music)

While chart tunes are played in the European Clubs, Bars and Party Capitals, most of the music is unique to these types of premises, and does not feature in the charts.

Because the Euro-Sound is a style, it does not relate to any specific instrument. (Although keyboards in general do tend to predominate)

For further examples, go to the unused styles in your keyboard, and you will find plenty of styles (And OTS) with Euro within the name. (Just add reverb to get the bright club sound)

Regards

Bill

#269966 - 08/28/09 07:44 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hva i svarte granskauen, sensurerer bort "stygge" ord som faen og helvete?

Nigel, I'm just checking if the "auto-sensorship" works
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online