SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#269937 - 08/25/09 08:12 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
Now Diki's got me wondering who put the dollar sign in? Was it Nedim or Nigel?

I did, not Nigel and there was no need for this, i said it out of excitement and i will
repeat it again in the future, no matter what MC says, i think he showed already that HE is no class.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 08-25-2009).]

#269938 - 08/26/09 01:18 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
I did, not Nigel and there was no need for this, i said it out of excitement and i will
repeat it again in the future, no matter what MC says, i think he showed already that HE is no class.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 08-25-2009).]

I agree with you on this.... it was just a way of speech, nothing vulgar at all, just some plain modern language that todays youth uses to indicate their admiration.

Language changes over time and things that where vulgar 50 years ago, are now well accepted by a majorrity of the population.

Only if i know someone has problems with language like this i will not use it in his neighbourhood out of respect for his being, but in the local pub and among friends i see no reason not to use this language.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#269939 - 08/26/09 03:00 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
Now Diki's got me wondering who put the dollar sign in? Was it Nedim or Nigel?

No-one can edit their post here without the usual footnote. Nedim wrote the post that way in the first place. Of course, you already know that, but had to get the dig in anyway...

Look, I, and I think a fair number of the membership have used the occasional WTF, sh*t, bullsh*t, PITA, POS and , I'm sad to say, I've seen much of this written in plain English too. I don't recall any furor about it at the time, certainly no forum uprising. It's pretty obvious that this fails to offend much of the membership, Rikki (and our few other female membership) included. Or, at least, it fails to offend enough to warrant a rant..

You see, the whole point of the 'cop on the corner' is supposed to be his impartiality. If he wants to police this, he has to police it ALL. Or he simply comes off like someone with an axe to grind on one member. I certainly haven't seen that anywhere here. Where were you? Where was mc? Too busy?

How many times do I have to say it...? WE ALREADY GOT A MODERATOR. Why don't we simply leave it in the hands of the person RUNNING THIS PLACE to decide what is and isn't appropriate..? (last I checked, it was neither of you)

If you want a forum with squeaky clean language, start your own...

#269940 - 08/26/09 03:23 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Respect for the older folks.., shoot I can only assume you don't hang out with too many of the older folks today mc. It's not just the younger generation throwing around the F bomb all willy nilly. If I had a nickel for every senior (men and woman well over the age of 60) that I've heard drop the F bomb in OPEN PUBLIC AREAS.., I'd have at least two of every keyboard out there right now. I heard at least 2 seniors at WalMart the other day dropping the F bomb. One guy told his wife.. "I ain't eating none of that F---in wheat bread so don't bother buying it". I heard an elderly woman cursing out the cashier at the WalMart Subway too. That little old lady was dropping F bombs left and right!

Nedim even changed the spelling a bit too..., tell me how that IS NOT showing at least SOME level of respect...????? Yet you take an obvious racial dig reducing it to language of the hood in NYC. What the hell's wrong with you man.., oops I mean what the "heck" is wrong with you? Nedim DID at least show some respect by changing the spelling a little.

Your comment was completey offensive and totally WITHOUT class. I think people would rather see the F bomb (with altered spelling) rather than racial ignorance.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#269941 - 08/26/09 03:31 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Let's get back to what REALLY offends everyone here...

Someone not liking their personal choice in arranger, music, playing style, hatwear...

#269942 - 08/26/09 04:38 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

deleted on 2nd thoughts

[This message has been edited by Lucky2Bhere (edited 08-26-2009).]

#269943 - 08/26/09 04:41 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

Only if i know someone has problems with language like this i will not use it in his neighbourhood out of respect for his being,

The mark of a true gentleman!

#269944 - 08/26/09 04:42 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

...but in the local pub and among friends i see no reason not to use this language.

The mark of true practicality!

#269945 - 08/26/09 04:47 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

As I said...

You want a squeaky clean forum, have at it...!

What I want to know is, why am I the object of your diatribe (I certainly don't post what I think of you personally, you REALLY don't want me to go down that path you have already trodden yourself! ), when I have absolutely nothing to do with what gets posted and removed here? All I have tried to point out is the status quo...

I don't believe for one minute you have the balls to talk to our moderator here (who actually IS in charge of this) with the personal way you are talking to me. If you don't like how things are here, heap your scorn onto HIM (and see where it gets you!). No?

Didn't think so.

#269946 - 08/26/09 06:06 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Diki....out of a sense of fair play, I deleted that message. You're right, you didn't attack me personally.

But I feel you DO have a way of negating what people have to say and making them feel trivial and unimportant. In this case, it was me and I'm not one to run with my tail between my legs.

Reference Nigel, I'm sure he's read this thread already and is smart enough to figure out no one is trying to sanitize the SynthZone.

BTW, it doesn't take "b___" to talk to Nigel. He's a very easy person to have a conversation with.

Lucky

[This message has been edited by Lucky2Bhere (edited 08-26-2009).]

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online