SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#269927 - 08/25/09 05:20 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
As you may forget this is a keybaord forum not a ..... hood in NYC.

Since we all 'get your drift', I COULD say that I found that far more offensive than the 'f' word. And as far as respect for the 'elderly', they should have the same access to profanity as anyone else (otherwise it's age discrimination ).

chas

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 08-25-2009).]

#269928 - 08/25/09 05:27 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
cgiles Offline

goof up.

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 08-25-2009).]

#269929 - 08/25/09 05:40 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Why change your comment now, or you think I didn't see the ex-girlfriend remark. I find that totally stupid, to which you don't even know me. I don't have to explain why I stated the hood in NYC, because Nedim knows exactly what I'm talking about. I'm no longer going to comment on this thread.

#269930 - 08/25/09 05:56 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
We all know EXACTLY what you are talking about, unfortunately, mc...

Trouble is, if you think that language is what you'd hear in some African American 'hood in NYC', you simply haven't been hanging around young WHITE suburban (actually, from any area) kids much, have you?

This ain't a 'hood' thang... it's a 21st century thang.

Prithee, willst thou remain in thine own time, or shouldst thou adopt yon strange and most foul inflections of speech? Methinks 'tis vexing to thy companions thou shouldst impose thy speech upon them...

When in Rome, curse like the Romans do...

(Vidi, vici, veni )

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 08-25-2009).]

#269931 - 08/25/09 06:40 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

I think it might benefit some of you to try backing up and looking at the bigger picture here. This is not about dropping a curse word anymore. It’s now about does someone have First Amendment rights and freedom of expression, isn’t it?

But, what it really is about is self-centeredness and selfishness. It’s about do what YOU want to do and don’t concern yourself with how you’ve just affected someone else. As in the right to carry a gun. Don’t dare step on the toes of a gun owner, ‘cause he has his RIGHT (to carry a gun), doesn’t he. Well, what about my right to live a peaceful existence without fear of being caught up in some street gun battle? Does HIS right supercede mine?

So Nedim has a right to use the F word in here. I also have every right to be offended, and let that offense be known. So now whose right takes precedence?

Now I’m going to play Devil’s Advocate. Diki, I’m wondering what your response would be if MC had said something like: Hey, Nedim...cool...you’re expressing your right to drop a four letter word in the group. Can you do that more so the other members catch on and they start doing it themselves. I can’t help but think you’d swing the other way and take up the cause of trying to keep the room sterile, ‘cause part of what keeps you so sharp is always having an adversary to work off of.

Now what’s the big deal for members to respect other member’s postures and NOT use that word if it's offensive to even ONE other person. It’s going to hurt THEM a lot less NOT to use the word, then it WILL hurt ME to HEAR it.

It’s called consideration for other people. Somewhere along the way we slipped into the “me” generation and it looks like that’s the road we’ll be traveling for a long time to come.

Above it all, do we not have any respect for the ladies that read these posts (as MC stated)?

Lucky

#269932 - 08/25/09 06:42 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
This is FU$KING AWESOME!!!

Now Diki's got me wondering who put the dollar sign in? Was it Nedim or Nigel?

#269933 - 08/25/09 07:55 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Why change your comment now, or you think I didn't see the ex-girlfriend remark. I find that totally stupid, to which you don't even know me. I don't have to explain why I stated the hood in NYC

I changed it because I mistakenly attributed Lucky's remark re his ex-girlfriend, to you. Nothing sinister going on. As far as not knowing you, you're right; but I do feel I know you a little better now.

chas

#269934 - 08/25/09 08:03 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
I changed it because I mistakenly attributed Lucky's remark re his ex-girlfriend, to you.
chas

Now you're talking about my ex-girlfriend!!! What the *&^%$ is going on around here? There's a coup happening right under my nose, and I'm the last to know about it! On top of that....my Civil Rights are being violated!!! All this over a simple curse word? I'm going to burn my computer and put duct tape over my mouth with a sign that says "Do not open until Xmas."

#269935 - 08/25/09 08:07 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

quote:
Now you're talking about my ex-girlfriend!!! What the *&^%$ is going on around here? There's a coup happening right under my nose, and I'm the last to know about it! On top of that....my Civil Rights are being violated!!! All this over a simple curse word? I'm going to burn my computer and put duct tape over my mouth with a sign that says "Do not open until Xmas."

As Lonnie Donnegan said in the song: Rock Island Line: "I fooled you, I fooled you...I got old pig iron, I got old pig iron, I got.....old pig iron.

I've had enough of this topic. I'm going back to the Korg thread. Rikki had good news for me.

Lucky

[This message has been edited by Lucky2Bhere (edited 08-25-2009).]

#269936 - 08/25/09 08:09 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
If he approached me in public and told me what to say it would've been different, one of us
wouldnt be able to use his fingers here on the forum for few days.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online