SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#269917 - 08/25/09 12:59 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Impuls:
When will we see the new Pegasus ?? from Wersi ??

Impuls

It’s been premiered in Europe, and is due for its debut in the UK at the Pakefield Keyboard Festival in September, so production should start soon.
Contact your nearest dealer for details.
Here are some links, taking your profile details as a base.
http://www.elrecom.nl/
http://www.hsmuziek.nl/
http://www.muziekhuisdacapo.nl/

Hope this helps

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 08-25-2009).]

#269918 - 08/25/09 11:11 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's just the incongruence of the thing that always gets me...

One of the most advanced arrangers ever. Very highly skilled players. One this one, at least, a pretty contemporary drum track...

And, at least until the halfway point, a cheeseball organ sound as the lead over a pretty hard house beat! It's like me trying to play a 50 Cent rap song on my trombone!

Can I do it? Sure....

SHOULD I do it...? Probably not...

#269919 - 08/25/09 11:20 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Would those who think this performance (not the sound)is "awesome" tell me the reasons you think it is "awesome?" BTW: I also ask folks who rave about a movie WHY they rave about a movie!

Lucky

#269920 - 08/25/09 11:33 AM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
This is a public forum, not a street corner. Please show more respect to the members and refrain for using vulgarity.

MC,

Thanks for speaking up on this. That's one of the first things I noticed in here was the complete lack of profanity, and even very few references to that kind of language. If I'm correct, Nigel doesn't monitor for that, which is a compliment to the members that they maintain the status quo themselves.

I would have said something myself, but it's been my experience that I lose friends that way. Years ago, a girl friend that I had broken up with said to me something like this:

Lucky...we had some great times together, but, to be honest, it's good to be able to curse again!

Consequently, I don't tell anyone anymore how I feel about "blue" language. I just try and avoid it!

Lucky

#269921 - 08/25/09 12:56 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Hey, mc....

I'm afraid the only way to show class is not to DEMAND polite language from others (doing that ain't classy, anyway, demanding something is just as rude as swearing in the first place)... It's merely to continue to use it yourself, despite what others do.

I'm afraid that, basically, this is Nigel's sandbox. He is the only one with the authority to DEMAND anything of anyone

You MIGHT have given Nedim at least a BIT of credit for misspelling (or slightly disguising the word) it. Lord knows, there's enough WTF's and SOB's, PITA's and other acronymic substitutions for bad language that, if you are going to play Thought Police or Mrs. Grundy on this forum (self appointed, that is ), you had better start ticketing, too...

Why don't we just let the MODERATOR play moderator here, eh? The rest of us can stick to our arrangers...

#269922 - 08/25/09 01:01 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Hey, mc....

I'm afraid the only way to show class is not to DEMAND polite language from others (doing that ain't classy, anyway, demanding something is just as rude as swearing in the first place)... It's merely to continue to use it yourself, despite what others do.

I'm afraid that, basically, this is Nigel's sandbox. He is the only one with the authority to DEMAND anything of anyone

You MIGHT have given Nedim at least a BIT of credit for misspelling (or slightly disguising the word) it. Lord knows, there's enough WTF's and SOB's, PITA's and other acronymic substitutions for bad language that, if you are going to play Thought Police or Mrs. Grundy on this forum (self appointed, that is ), you had better start ticketing, too...

Why don't we just let the MODERATOR play moderator here, eh? The rest of us can stick to our arrangers...

I see that you have nothing else to do but get into my business now also. The fact is that there are other members that may be offended by the vulgarity. As you may forget this is a keybaord forum not a corner bar or hood in NYC. If Nedim needs you to run to his aid and defend his honor, you both deserve each other then.

good luck, good bye, one, two, you know the rest.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 08-25-2009).]

#269923 - 08/25/09 01:23 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
I see that you have nothing else to do but get into my business now also.

Just as you feel the need to get in other's... (once you post it publicly, as you so self-righteously point out, it is no longer YOUR business )

But, of course, in your case, it's different, isn't it?

Let's put it this way, while you quote another member's puerile dismissive... Maybe it's a bit more important to BEHAVE well here than to always talk with a plum in your mouth...? One, two, cha cha cha has turned into the FU of this forum. Should intent be excoriated as badly as abbreviation of common language (I GUARANTEE that you have actually SAID Nedim's words on more than one occasion )? Are the thought police knocking at our doors?

If so....

One two, cha cha cha...

Take it any way you want.

#269924 - 08/25/09 01:40 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I have said the "f" bomb a few times but I refrain from using it in a public forum despite some members deserving to hear it. I also know that there are older ladies and gentlemen here that frequent synthzone and they should be shown respect. It’s already bad enough we bash each other because my keyboard is better than yours. But a little decency can be shown by not using vulgarity in posts.

Moving on to 1,2,3, chacha, I don't care what it means or what you interpret it to be. As far as I'm concerned its just a style on my keyboard.

#269925 - 08/25/09 04:24 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
Diki Offline

Which is where it hopefully stays, then...

Look, you MIGHT have noticed that I am NOT one of those using much vulgarity on this forum, so it's not like I'm exactly voting FOR it. But I have always been for freedom of expression (unless it is direct personal attack). And, I'm sorry to say, modern vernacular HAS gotten a bit more vulgar...

Let us not for one minute think that what YOU consider acceptable, at some time in the past, YOUR grandparents were shocked at the informality of it... I am fairly sure you don't walk out of any bar or public place where you might overhear such language (and I'm confident you don't go up to the face of someone speaking like that and be as personally insulting as you were to Nedim to get them to stop ), so why the tirade here? Oh, that's right... because there are no consequences (short of a little back and forth about the subject) for your own rudeness and intolerance...

As I said before, why don't you simply let the moderator moderate? No doubt, when the large majority of the membership gets all in a huff about it, he can make the ruling. In the meantime, I'm sorry, but half of our 'elderly' membership here are the ones mixing it up on a daily basis! There doesn't seem to be the outpouring of outrage that, let's say posting under an assumed name generates. (or the banning, for a time out)...

Obviously, the majority of the membership has different priorities than perhaps you do. Personally, the expression of vulgarity only disturbs me when it is said with ill intent, as a personal attack. Exuberance is hardly call for censorship, especially if deliberately misspelled (at least that shows a KNOWLEDGE of what is and isn't acceptable here - you DID notice the misspell? ), and from a younger member with his OWN set of informalities. We need as many of them as we can keep, and metaphorically dashing out your front door and bellowing 'HEY! YOU KIDS! GET OFF MY LAWN!' isn't exactly the way to keep them interested in being here...

One, two, Jive (it's a style on my arranger )

#269926 - 08/25/09 04:38 PM Re: Wersi OAS / Abacus Duo - Fiesta de Brazil - 100% Live (No Midi/Playback)
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Not that the validation is necessary, nor asked for, but to you Diki I say a well reasoned and appropriate point of view. One I agree with 100%.

Dennis

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online