SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#269835 - 08/23/09 09:51 PM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think you may be over complicating it (and us too ), Lucky. One of the things that IS easy to do on Korg's is to swap parts around from style to style. So, if you have a too busy drum track, and can find a less busy drum track from another style that fits, it's fairly easy to swap. And, as Rikki points out, there are a LOT of Technics, Roland and earlier Korg styles floating around that may be a lot simpler. These might be a good source of patterns to bring into the style you want to create... (or be just right as is)

Bottom line is, it honestly doesn't matter WHAT you buy. If you want things to be EXACTLY the way you want them to be, you are going to have to do it yourself! For a start off, what programmer knows EXACTLY what you want in the first place...? And how sure is he that anyone else wants it that way, either?

The whole problem with buying styles is, with no copy protection, there's very little in it for a talented style maker. He'll sell a few, then SOMEONE is bound to upload it somewhere, and there goes the rest of his money! Until they build in the kind of copy protection that iTunes has (and even that is circumventable if you are determined enough) into the arrangers themselves, the people that make styles have no way to recoup their investment. That is, unless you have the kind of money to pay for bespoke programming (for you alone) Let's say it take a day to make a good style. You got enough to pay someone a good day's wage for each style? I didn't think so

Personally, I think your best bet is to look into older styles, either from Korg or translations... ask around, see if someone will post a few examples. You may find them to be all you need. Thing is, tyou still need to play them on the latest, greatest, just for the sounds... A simple pattern, played through a far better drum kit and instrument sounds is going to sound better than the original... (hopefully! )

What are you using right now? It may be possible to translate those very styles over to Korg (or whatever you chose). There's a lot of options, Lucky.

Don't give up, yet

#269836 - 08/24/09 04:53 AM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Lucky,
sounds like we're complicating things.

Simple styles should be easier to create than the more complex ones that are in the keyboards nowadays.
With each new generation of boards , the styles get more complex.
Some of the styles I get the most use out of , are the ones I've put together from bits & pieces iesimple arpeggiated piano styles, with strings, bass & drums.

If you like, send me a couple of the type of styles you're refferring to & I'll see if they can be converted easily.
I've got quite a number of old styles myself that I haven't gotten round to converting, just be interested to see if we're talking similar type of styles.

I don't know if you actually sing or just play the keyboard, if it's keyboard only, one advantage with the new boards would be great sounds for melody parts.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
[b]Diki and Rikki (hey...they rhyme)

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 08-24-2009).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#269837 - 08/24/09 06:15 AM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Here I am again

I need to take a second look at the PA2X. Right now, I don`t have any access to it, and there´s nothing in youtube that really sounds good. (Sorry eastern players and artists, isn´t my style preference...)
There´s an amazing video where the player does a demo of a heavy distorted guitar, EXCELLENT!! But, I use very little a solo guitar like that. Does anybody knows about good demos or videos (specially using internal styles) of latin, jazz, funk and ballads? I prefer demos not sequenced (I heard all the demos at Korgpa.com)
Please, I would like to hear the PA2X sounding less "cheesy" if it is possible. As I mentioned before, the heavy guitar video demo is amazingly good, but that is.
As anybody here says that the PA2X is highly customizable, at least I think its sound could be greatly improved. I remember when I checked the PA2X for several days, it always sounded as toyish (or worse) as my Tyros2. I didn`t touch any parameter because it was my friend`s keyboard. (right now he`s using a Motif XS7 with smf. Sounds superb, but have no work...)
Any help will be gratly appreciatted!!

Best Reagards
Jose Pereira

PS: once again, sorry for my bad english, but my spanish or portuguese AREN´T better...

#269838 - 08/24/09 06:26 AM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Hello Jose,

I'm not a great player but I can put some Pa2xpro videos on you tube if you like.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#269839 - 08/24/09 06:48 AM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hi Frankieve

I`m so biased for the Audya because your demos!!!
Could you do something like that? I mean, a series of styles from the different categories, but please show as much as you could of latin, jazz and funk.
And THANK´S A LOT for that!

Kind Regards
Jose Pereira

#269840 - 08/24/09 12:20 PM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Jose...
A VERY IMPORTANT thing on the PA2XPRO.
Out of the box (in the store) the MASTER EQ is OFF!

So, You must go to Global mode, Master EQ and turn it on and adj it to your sound system/room.

Then, assuming a good sound system in sterio..it sounds AWESOME!

Mine sounds very PRO quality with the 2 Mackie HR824 monitors I use.

Lee S.

#269841 - 08/24/09 02:32 PM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
Quote:
Originally posted by Jose Pereira:
Here I am again

I need to take a second look at the PA2X. Right now, I don`t have any access to it, and there´s nothing in youtube that really sounds good. (Sorry eastern players and artists, isn´t my style preference...)
There´s an amazing video where the player does a demo of a heavy distorted guitar, EXCELLENT!! But, I use very little a solo guitar like that. Does anybody knows about good demos or videos (specially using internal styles) of latin, jazz, funk and ballads? I prefer demos not sequenced (I heard all the demos at Korgpa.com)
Please, I would like to hear the PA2X sounding less "cheesy" if it is possible. As I mentioned before, the heavy guitar video demo is amazingly good, but that is.
As anybody here says that the PA2X is highly customizable, at least I think its sound could be greatly improved. I remember when I checked the PA2X for several days, it always sounded as toyish (or worse) as my Tyros2. I didn`t touch any parameter because it was my friend`s keyboard. (right now he`s using a Motif XS7 with smf. Sounds superb, but have no work...)
Any help will be gratly appreciatted!!

Best Reagards
Jose Pereira

PS: once again, sorry for my bad english, but my spanish or portuguese AREN´T better...

Some more sites to look at:
http://www.tbleck.de/h2-keyboard.htm
http://www.irishacts.com/ezypal/index.php?do=catalog&c=korg_triton_%2526_pa_series_libraries&i=style_pack_volume_1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKqni_QTimQ&eurl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08XNUo26600&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjcdWYnPkhs&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2R_3HAoepY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TICFqWF2Z6I&
feature=related

This site is the one of the BEST! http://korgpa2xpro.yolasite.com/pa2x-pro-style-demos.php

lots of food to make up your mind, good luck on your decision.

Vangelis

#269842 - 08/24/09 07:50 PM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
...as follows

DIKI………

I think you may be over complicating it (and us too ),

THERE’S A VERY GOOD CHANCE I MIGHT BE!

One of the things that IS easy to do on Korg's is to swap parts around from style to style. So, if you have a too busy drum track, and can find a less busy drum track from another style that fits, it's fairly easy to swap.

GOT THAT PART

And, as Rikki points out, there are a LOT of Technics, Roland and earlier Korg styles floating around that may be a lot simpler. These might be a good source of patterns to bring into the style you want to create... (or be just right as is)

WOULD THAT BE TO CONVERT THEM INTO A STYLE THE KORG COULD USE DIRECTLY OR USE THEM AS EXAMPLES TO COPY (IN COMPOSING A KORG STYLE)?

Personally, I think your best bet is to look into older styles, either from Korg or translations... ask around, see if someone will post a few examples. You may find them to be all you need. Thing is, tyou still need to play them on the latest, greatest, just for the sounds... A simple pattern, played through a far better drum kit and instrument sounds is going to sound better than the original... (hopefully! )

DIKI, I HEAR WHAT YOU’RE SAYING. UNFORTUNATELY “TIME” IS A BIG FACTOR. I JUST DON’T HAVE THAT KIND OF TIME. I ORIGINALLY THOUGHT YOU COULD JUST TRIM DOWN THE ONBOARD PA2 SOUNDS EASY ENOUGH, BUT NOW I COULD SEE THAT’S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

What are you using right now? It may be possible to translate those very styles over to Korg (or whatever you chose). There's a lot of options.

I’M USING AN OLD ROLAND. I HANG ON TO IT BECAUSE A) IT STILL DOES THE JOB, AND B) I’VE AMASSED HUNDREDS OF STYLES (1,215 AT LAST COUNT)…MANY THAT I REALLY LIKE AND THAT COMPLEMENT MY PLAYING STYLE

I’M GOING TO RIKKI’S POST NOW. SHE MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY THAT SHE MIGHT BE ABLE TO CONVERT SOME OF THOSE ROLAND STYLES TO KORG.

LUCKY

#269843 - 08/24/09 08:08 PM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
Lucky2Bhere Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rikkisbears:
[B]

..SEE FOLLOWING

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
[b]

Simple styles should be easier to create than the more complex ones that are in the keyboards nowadays. With each new generation of boards , the styles get more complex.

SO I’VE NOTICED!

If you like, send me a couple of the type of styles you're referring to & I'll see if they can be converted easily.

RIKKI…..YOU WERE A SWEETHEART WHEN YOU MADE THAT OFFER A FEW MONTHS AGO (I DIDN’T FORGET) AND YOU’RE A SWEETHEART ALL OVER AGAIN TRYING TO HELP ME HERE AGAIN. I’LL TAKE YOU UP ON IT THIS TIME. I’M EMAILING YOU A 30 SECOND SNIPPET OF ME PLAYING “BIG BAND” (ONE THAT I USE A LOT). YOU’LL HEAR THE SIMPLICITY OF THE STYLE (WHICH MAKES IT EASIER FOR ME TO PLAY OVER IT). I’LL ALSO SEND YOU A HANDFUL OF .STL BIG BAND (ROLAND STYLES) IF YOU WANT TO GET AN IDEA OF WHAT YOU'RE UP AGAINST.

I don't know if you actually sing or just play the keyboard, if it's keyboard only, one advantage with the new boards would be great sounds for melody parts.

I SING ALSO. AND…YES…I’D LOVE TO BE WORKING WITH ONE OF THE CONTEMPORARY BOARDS. BUT ONLY IF IT’S NOT GOING TO CRAMP MY STYLE. I’VE LEARNED I CAN ONLY BE “ME” AND PLAY LIKE “ME” RATHER THAN PLAY LIKE THE BOARD.

I’LL SEND THOSE ATTACHMENTS TO YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS RIGHT NOW.

LUCKY

#269844 - 08/24/09 08:54 PM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
Hello Jose,

I'm not a great player...

Sez who?????

Frank...I noticed you can play all different styles. So why don't you do 15-20 seconds each of the basic ones (fox trot, waltz, big band, cha-cha,...ETC). That would help ME a lot.

Those Korg demo's were produced by scientists working in a laboratory somewhere in Transylvania. I'd like to hear what
an ordinary person sounds like on it, considering I consider myself an ordinary person!

Lucky

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online