SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#269825 - 08/22/09 10:13 AM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Just to answer to Diki:
If i was a Mortal user where i turn the synth on and just play i stil wont go for the Audya.
I would likely go for the PA2X again, at least for the tones of sounds and styles and easy
of use but the biggest feature to make me get a PA2X will always be the GuitarMode or
the styles made with it. Yeah i know, RealAudio Guitars but 3 chords? On os 2.0 its still
the exact same thing as before, once you hit Dim or Sus or anything else...QUACK!

#269826 - 08/22/09 01:11 PM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Nedim,

I think you're right about the PA2x it's light years ahead of Audya, I have played it today and bought it, I am still going to keep the Audya see what Rev 3 brings can't imagine strings, theatre, controls, touch screen and much more goodies on the PA, Audya will need to chatch up, don't know how, it's half the price even new.

Whats going on ??? What are Ketron thinking!

Cheers Nedim

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 08-22-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#269827 - 08/22/09 09:06 PM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
Lucky2Bhere Offline

One thing I'm still confused about with the PA2xPRO is the "busy" styles. I've called the Korg factory a few times about it...can I make them "less busy"...and then save them as my basic "working" styles? I never seem to get a clear answer on that. I always get the feeling they're not understanding me.

So, to reiterate, I like that PA2x but those busy styles make me nervous. I'd be a slave to the style rather than the other way around.

Can I edit the style to a basic sound...and save it?

Lucky

#269828 - 08/22/09 11:28 PM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
Nedim Offline

Yup...in many different way, you have to be speciffic though.

#269829 - 08/23/09 02:06 AM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Lucky, it's two different things when you talk about "less busy"...

You have the one, where you cut down on the NUMBER or Parts the style plays, which is a snap to do, then there's the issue of wanting the same NUMBER of Parts, but each individually (or maybe just one or two) is playing less complicatedly, more 'open' and airy. This is the one that is basically impossible to do, except by basically rewriting the style, yourself. Korg certainly aren't going to do it by request, it would cost them a lot of money to do...

Basically, if you can already play all the style parts at least as good as any of the style parts do (including the guitar parts and the drums), then you are in a good position to re-do the style to be the way you want it. But if your playing skills don't quite match the ROM rhythms, it'll be a lot tougher to do.

Thinning out playing rarely is as simple as just erasing a few of the notes. What you would play for a tune if they needed simple is pretty much completely different to what you'd play if they needed 'busy'...

I'm afraid it's down to you to make the styles simpler (if simpler playing WAS what you are talking about). Either that, or go hunt down translations of styles from arrangers simpler than Korg... Technics might be a good place to start. I've always thought their styles left a nice bit of room for the player... Roland too, for that matter (but I'm biased! ).

I doubt Korg are going to do an about face...

#269830 - 08/23/09 03:08 AM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Lucky,
as Diki suggested, mayber removing a couple of the tracks may help, also shortening the length of the pattern.
I had one of the style group members ask for a style that would work with fascination & moon river.
Went thru the waltzes, none sounded quite right. I decided to edit slow waltz 2.
Muted all the instruments except drum & bass, then unmuted them one by one. Guitars & strings worked, but the e.piano messed it up. Also noticed bass & drums got busier in bars 4 & 8.
Possibly cutting the pattern down to 2 or 4 bars should help.
The above are very easy fixes.

Diki mentioned technic styles . Some have been converted & downloadable http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/extra/bonusware.html?en

The early technic styles were nice & simple.

I kept most of mine & convert them if I need them.
Technics were prolific with the old ballroom styles.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
One thing I'm still confused about with the PA2xPRO is the "busy" styles. I've called the Korg factory a few times about it...can I make them "less busy"...and then save them as my basic "working" styles? I never seem to get a clear answer on that. I always get the feeling they're not understanding me.

So, to reiterate, I like that PA2x but those busy styles make me nervous. I'd be a slave to the style rather than the other way around.

Can I edit the style to a basic sound...and save it?

Lucky

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#269831 - 08/23/09 03:12 AM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tony,
congratulations on your new PA2x.
Hopefully we'll also see you at the Korg forums.

best wishes
rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#269832 - 08/23/09 03:24 AM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
Nedim Offline

Congrats! You wont regret doing it.

#269833 - 08/23/09 08:07 AM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Tony,
Congrats on your decision.
I honestly believe if you take the time to really learn all it can do you will be happy.

This is gong to take some time to be ready to Gig with it, IMHO.

Also, I would go to the Korg aranger forum and spend some time looking over the topics as there is a LOT there.

There is a 3 DVD set available from Frank at Audiowerks...I have it and I think it's prety good. But if you are very trained already on a Pa1XPRO then it might not be as good for you.I had a PA1XPRO, a few years ago, but I had forgot most of the details...so the DVD set was good for me to get rolling on the PA2. It is done on a PA1X, but pretty much everything covered applys to the PA2.

One thing or sure...we (at the forum) will help you anyway we can...it's a nice family.

Lee S.

#269834 - 08/23/09 08:53 PM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Diki and Rikki (hey...they rhyme)

Reading your posts, I have the feeling that my inclination to buy a PA2xPro is going right out the window.

If I read you correctly, I can lighten up a style easy enough by removing layers of accompaniment, but to lighten up the basic snare, drum, hi-hat, etc I'd better know how to program.

So let's say, a basic easy-4 pattern (fox-trot). If I could strip the basic pattern down to a simple bass/snare (and hi-hat in between), it's still going to have to blend in with the other (accompaniment) parts of the style (if I plan on bringing them in). Otherwise, I'm going to have to edit them too.

To put it another way....it's possible to edit the styles to exactly what I want, but I'm going to need a Black Belt in programming? Correct?

This really s*#@ks. Why couldn't they just do as someone here said? Sell individual styles like they sell ITunes?

This is the reason I'm still playing a 10 year old instrument. Basic patterns that I can build on musically!

BTW...I do this retiree event every year for about 600 people. I throw 4 EV speakers on my board and in 12 years still no one has complained about the sound. They actually compliment me. The playing is really so much more important than the machine.

Lucky

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online