need a good headphone for keyboard ,what is good

#269614 - 08/19/09 02:25 PM Re: need a good headphone for keyboard
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
A Sennheiser or AKG

#269615 - 08/19/09 02:31 PM Re: need a good headphone for keyboard
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
After trying many makes and price ranges, I have found the Sennheiser HD280 Pro the best.

#269616 - 08/19/09 05:50 PM Re: need a good headphone for keyboard
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida

#269617 - 08/20/09 05:18 AM Re: need a good headphone for keyboard
Dnj Offline

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Shop/Headphones/DJ/ci.SE-DJ5000.Shop

I use these all the time best headphones I ever listened to music with.

#269618 - 08/20/09 05:56 AM Re: need a good headphone for keyboard
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I have sold a few of these, and also some of the synthzoners had tried them at my shop and were very impressed, I also use these as my main headphones of choice.
http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/0edf909675b1be4d/index.html

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#269619 - 08/20/09 06:19 AM Re: need a good headphone for keyboard
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#269620 - 08/20/09 08:44 PM Re: need a good headphone for keyboard
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Bernie...I tried a few headphones in one of the stores. The Sennheiser HD280 was one of them. They sounded a bit rough compared to the others. But we all hear differently...based on your recommendation, I could try them again.

Diki.....Weren't you an Ultrasone fan at one time? So...for what reasons are you now recommending the Sony?

Donny...I will never buy another pair of Pioneers again. They were just OK for DJ-ing. I wouldn't listen to quality music at home with them. They're industrial strength phones. To top it off, the audio line between the cups snapped and I had to throw them away. Up to that point I considered them rugged.

Frank V...you're link sends me to the main site where they demand I enable my cookies to view their precious headphones! I'll not be told what to do! So....which model are you recommending?

Fran...I heard they're the best on the market. But....when I went to the store to listen to them, I was advised they had to be "burned in" to hear them at their best. They would not "burn them in" if I wasn't going to purchase them. Catch 22 situation.

I'm not saying any of the above headphones are "no good." I am just relating my own experiences that I had.

The problem with buying headphones is that no store (that I know of) has more than 1 or 2 on hand to compare them. So what's the point of knowing what the "best" is, if you can't get to hear it against the others?

I taught myself a lesson having just purchased a high end portable radio ($150). Same situation.....no store carries high end portable radios for you to hear. I went bonkers researching them on the Net and in the end, I took an educated guess on a brand and ordered it by mail order sight un-heard. We live in a world now where comparison shopping with knowledgeable salespeople is a thing of the past.

So I think that's how I'll probably end up buying my headphones (after about a year of off and on shopping). A few referrals from club members here and, at this point, if it just LOOKS sexy, I'll buy it.

Lucky

#269621 - 08/20/09 09:47 PM Re: need a good headphone for keyboard
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
Diki.....Weren't you an Ultrasone fan at one time? So...for what reasons are you now recommending the Sony?

Actually, I have ALWAYS recommended the Sony's. Had a pair (or gone through one and am on my second pair) for almost twenty years of heavy use.

I may have commented about trying someone else's Grado's, but they were the TOTL model, about $500

Not what you are looking for, I would imagine!

The Sony's are comfortable, relatively inexpensive, and very well balanced, and I have seen pairs of these in almost every studio I have ever played in....

No doubt there are many others that are comparable, I simply speak from my own usage over the years. Sure, you can get better, but it takes money...!

#269622 - 08/21/09 02:13 AM Re: need a good headphone for keyboard
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I will have to second Diki's comment about the Sonys. I still use a TOTL Sony headset That I bought in 1990. Outstanding sound and very comfortable to wear.

Hammer

#269623 - 08/21/09 03:09 AM Re: need a good headphone for keyboard
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
hi lucky, theses are the headphones, i think you were about to order them from me at 1 point With the ATH-M50 professional studio monitor headphones, Audio-Technica has achieved an exceptionally accurate response and long-wearing listening comfort. Designed especially for professional monitoring and mixing, these studiophones feature an efficient collapsible design for space-saving portability and storage. Circumaural ear pieces swivel 180° for easy one-ear monitoring and luxuriously padded ear cushions create an outstanding seal for maximum isolation. The adjustable headband is generously padded for ultimate comfort during long mixing sessions. A coiled cable at the left earpiece terminates to a gold-plated mini-plug with included screw-on ¼" adapter.

Diki and Hammer, my second favs are the Sony 7509, I think in my opinion it was a toss up on these 2

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#269624 - 08/21/09 09:27 PM Re: need a good headphone for keyboard
Lucky2Bhere Offline

I'm going to look again at just the ones you guys mentioned here. I'm NOT going to drive myself into insanity researching headphones the way I did my portable radio. I'll buy a pair and "live with it" which is pretty good for me considering I flunked out of the 12 step cure program for "perfectionists."

Frank...I think I'll take another drive up there in the next few weeks to listen to everything again. The PA2xPRO, the Audya, and the headphones while I'm there. I've played the Korg around here, but I really need to hear someone else play it (who plays well!) so I can hear it as an audience does. And the Audya too. Plus, I can't wait to get my hands on one of the Frankieve t-shirts!

Lucky

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online