Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#269516 - 08/17/09 06:15 PM Re: Yup, selling T3
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:

Just a little correction to something I think you may have said in another post...Yamaha is not..Korg 'is' the leader in sales of arranger keyboards (World Wide only, Not USA)..comes from Top people you know you are connected to Top people in the industry.

Lee S.

Hi Lee

See you are posting again. House must be going good.

Anyway, after 30+ years in music retail I am certain that if you include the low end arrangers which Korg and the others don't have, that Yamaha and Casio outsell all the others combined.

Through the years I talked to many of the the top people in the industry to find out they were full of hot air. I think this is the case here.

No offense meant, of course.

I'd like to hear any others in the industry like Ian share their thoughts on this.

I mean think about it. Wherever you go where there are keyboards there are Yamaha and Casio. I can't locate Korg around here if my life depended on it.

Although with all the interest in Korg, I'd be interested in trying one of their post PA80 versions. I"m sure they've got some excellent features, but really for what I like to do the recordings I've heard of regular people playing them vs Korgs factory demos, the sound is not that great to me.

Main thing is though, whatever does it for you.

Best
Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 08-17-2009).]

#269517 - 08/17/09 06:33 PM Re: Yup, selling T3
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Anyway, after 30+ years in music retail I am certain that if you include the low end arrangers which Korg and the others don't have, that Yamaha and Casio outsell all the others combined.

I would assume he means in revenue and not per unit sales. I'm only guessing based on the work KORG are doing for the Oriental markets where Yamaha and CASIO all but don't exist at all.

Regards
James

#269518 - 08/18/09 08:26 AM Re: Yup, selling T3
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:

leeboy, our plan for total world KORG domination is working.

MMmmuuuwwwhhhhhaaaaaa hhhaaaaa

Oooohhh Behave

#269519 - 08/18/09 09:11 AM Re: Yup, selling T3
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Scott,
Good to hear from you..wow, yes it's been a busy time with the lake house...lot of challenges...moving from a 3K sq ft to 1K is a big change..but its going ok.

Well, sure where you and I would go..you would certainly see the domination of Yamaha & Casio...but...TONS of sales in Oriental markets (Turkey being one of the biggest)is what tips the scales.

You may be right however if you consider the very low end PSR's etc.

Doesn't really matter anyways...one should play what they like. In my case I do miss some things on my T2 I had and if I could get a great price I would like to have one again...to go with the PA. It would really be nice when I am converting styles.

Haven't had much time to practice...but this fall I hope I will.

Going to visit a KorgPA forum member over in Corfu, Greece in Sept...and that will be loads of fun.

Lee S.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online