SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#269393 - 08/16/09 11:12 AM What's the best selling arranger in the world?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Are there any industry folk out there able to give a reasonably informed answer to this one? I'm just curious, but it would be interesting to find out which arranger outsells all others... not which brand, but which individual model.

Me, I have a nasty feeling that it will be something that virtually NO-ONE here at SZ uses Some low-end Yamaha, or Casio, something like that.

We all think that what we say and do has any importance to the industry, here, but sometimes I get the feeling that we are fleas on the rear end of an elephant, discussing who has the best strand of elephant hair as if it were the whole elephant

#269394 - 08/16/09 12:56 PM Re: What's the best selling arranger in the world?
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
It's bound to be a low end model for sure and that really only leaves Casio and Yamaha in the running. Personally, I'd bet it's some sort of Yamaha.

The arranger market actually faces some interesting times ahead in order to stay relevant to younger folk. Everyone else is making controllers and MPC type devices these days while arranger are not changing to exist alongside the new technologies in a big way just yet.

James

#269395 - 08/16/09 01:17 PM Re: What's the best selling arranger in the world?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Excellent point James. The arranger makers "do" need to make some changes if they want to keep the interest of future buyers. Arrangers can't continue to cater to the mature audience if they want to be successful. They need to start making these things appeal to the generation that's going to be replacing that mature targeted market.

I also agree that the top seller would probably be a lower end model. Both Casio and Yamaha have dominated the lower end market for years. It would be interesting to know the model and year from each maker.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online