Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
The thing that I noticed most from the event was that the young children stopped to listen,

Yes, absolutely. When I was playing in the shopping mall I noticed it was the children that moved, swayed and danced to the music as they were walking down the aisle, particularly when I played a waltz...and particularly when I played the Blue Danube. Adults, in turn, have mentally conditioned themselves to block out "sissy" music. Once one (adult) asked me to play something modern. When I questioned "do you really like that kind of music?" the reply was "no, but it makes us feel young to listen to it!" Figure that one out!

I've often thought if people would forget about peer pressure and age and delusions such as "well, if I don't listen to older music, and just tune into modern stuff, then I'll remain young!"....then the music would default back to a period when there was melody to it.

Also, if young people would learn how to hold each other again (contact dancing) when they dance that also would help us to return to the days when music was therapeutic and not destructive or inflammatory!

Lucky