SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#268743 - 08/05/09 07:16 AM Re: Share your experiences with Audya
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hi James

I own a V-machine. Giga sounds in VM? Using an external HD, I think. Cables, more cables...
Could you suggest a good Drums library and a good precussion one? If I use EZ drummer in VM, thatīs it, nothing else. The same with the pianos. VM is not enough for use as a sound source for arranger. At least now. If the upgrade the processor and add more memory perhaps.

Have you an Audya? Whatīs your experience with it?
Thanks
Best Regards
Jo

#268744 - 08/05/09 08:15 AM Re: Share your experiences with Audya
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I've been gigging with the Audya since Late April. knock on wood, no issues, a couple of bugs that once they happened you know how to get around them.Until the fix comes out

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#268745 - 08/05/09 08:23 AM Re: Share your experiences with Audya
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hi Frankieve, Thanks for the comments.

Those bugs, happend during a live performance? What arranger you used previusly, how it compares to the Audya now? Do you use the piano sound? how it compares to other keyboards piano?
Thanks again!
Regards
Jo

#268746 - 08/05/09 09:12 AM Re: Share your experiences with Audya
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I feel all arrangers have their strong points, and it all depends on what you play, how you play, and if you use other playbacks and so forth to see if the arranger is for you.

I have used everything from a Tyros 1,2,3 Roland G800,G1000,VA7,G70, Korg PA800, PA1xpro, PA2xpro. Ketron X1, SD5,SD1, Audya

the bugs were small and were fixed with the latest OS update.

I can give you a list 10 miles long of what I hate or want changed on the Audya, but I could also do that for each of the other keyboards too.

The piano sound is good, not the greatest but for what it is used for it's good. I think the live styles are hard to beat on the Audya

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#268747 - 08/05/09 10:01 AM Re: Share your experiences with Audya
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Jose, I think that the Audya would be a better fit for the type of music that you play,(Assuming that he plays trad. portuguese). Ketron will work out all the bugs in time as anyother brand works out theres in future OS updates. Good luck,

Mario

#268748 - 08/05/09 11:29 AM Re: Share your experiences with Audya
Morten Jonassen Offline

Loc: Danmark
Hi Jose.
I am currently in the transition between Tyros 2 and the Audya. Just like you I have become tired of the dull sounds of the Tyros 2. I can certainly recommend the Audya. The sounds, be they styles or solo voices, by far tops any other arranger I've heard. The metal build is rock solid, which is great compared with the the cheap plastic crap found on the T2. The board still has some minor bugs which should hopefully be corrected soon, not too much of a big deal in my case. There is however one major problem with Audya and that is the registrations. These are not nearly "advanced" enough compared with the T2. A simple thing like saving the Intro for a style in a registration is not possible. This practically makes the keyboard useless! but then again this depend upon how you have used registrations previously.

[This message has been edited by Morten Jonassen (edited 08-05-2009).]

#268749 - 08/06/09 02:03 AM Re: Share your experiences with Audya
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Quote:
Originally posted by Morten Jonassen:
There is however one major problem with Audya and that is the registrations. These are not nearly "advanced" enough compared with the T2. A simple thing like saving the Intro for a style in a registration is not possible. This practically makes the keyboard useless!

Would you care to elaborate as I'm very interested in the Audya, but my acts depend completely on registrations.

Regards,
Henni

#268750 - 08/06/09 07:03 AM Re: Share your experiences with Audya
Morten Jonassen Offline

As I mentioned it depends on how you are using the registrations, for some the Ketron way is sufficient but for me its simply not.

Let me give you an example of how you can use registrations on Yamaha keyboards, which is not possible on Ketron keyboards.
On the Yamaha you have a registration bank or “block” which consists of eight single registrations. This is basically the same on the Audya except a registration block on the Audya can actually contain twenty single registrations instead of only eight.
The big difference is what you can actually save in these single registrations. On the Yamaha you can save EVERYTHING eg. fill ins, breaks, intro, endings.
What this means is you can have one complete performance (one title) using those eight regs. Lets say I have a verse in the song using variation B with piano in the right hand and now I want a break and then play a solo using variation D with guitar in the right hand and strings in the lower part; on Yamaha no problem: I can save this change in my registration and only need to press ONE button. On the Audya this is not possible, I would have to press about 5 buttons at the exact same time while still playing.
This is not flexible at all.

#268751 - 08/06/09 07:27 AM Re: Share your experiences with Audya
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi,

Which of the following cannot be saved on the Audya then:

1. Style
2. Variation
3. Intro
4. Tempo
5. Transpose settings
6. Right hand voices

Thanks for your reponse,
Henni

[This message has been edited by Henni (edited 08-06-2009).]

#268752 - 08/06/09 08:56 AM Re: Share your experiences with Audya
Morten Jonassen Offline

The Intro is the only thing that can not be saved.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online