SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#268783 - 08/12/09 03:12 AM Re: Share your experiences with Audya
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
To the Genesys, Thanks!
"For those of us who actually use the arranger for what it was made for, we customize and make the sound on the gig our own and not just what a prerecorded machine gives us."

This is what I do, actually.
Best Regards
Jo

PS: Have you and Audya? Played it? what do you think? what you uses actually?
Thanks again

#268784 - 08/12/09 10:51 AM Re: Share your experiences with Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Just out of curiosity, Jose, have you tried the G70 in Pianostyle mode? For what you say you need, a 76, a great piano sound, and good tracking in Pianostyle Mode, it might be just the ticket.

I put this together very quickly (it's got plenty of those mistakes your audience needs to hear to be sure it's real ): http://www.roland-arranger.com/smf/index.php?topic=444.msg2597#msg2597

At around $2000 for a used one (at least in the States), getting one of these could leave you $3000 to buy something else as well, compared to an Audya!

#268785 - 08/12/09 05:50 PM Re: Share your experiences with Audya
Jose Pereira Offline

Hi Diki
BEAUTIFULL!!! Congratulations!

G70 was my first choice when I was to buy the Tyros2. The weight and size overwelmed me: I`m short and have difficulty to carry big keyboards. I used to have a FP7 piano, loved it!! but I almost broke my back trying to carry that beast. Right now I use a Casio privia and a laptop with pianissimo. Enough for me...
But right now, I think that "upgrade" from a Tyros2 to a G70 isn`t my best option. And there`s something "strange" about Roland styles. Don`t ask, I can`t explain. Yamaha isn`t much better, but easily customizable.

Well people, I think that I did a lot of errors in my life, and still don`t learn from them... I still think is my only choice right now, and Ketron is trying to improve the machine so, I`ll buy an Audya in a few days and see what happens. I`ll keep my Tyros. Whish me good luck!
Jo

#268786 - 08/12/09 07:41 PM Re: Share your experiences with Audya
Diki Offline

All the best with whatever you chose, Jose...

Being pretty short myself, I feel your pain when it comes to the bigger keyboards (5'4"), but I have managed to learn good dolly and leverage technique, and seldom have to dead lift my G70 and flight case.

I think that the ROM Latin styles are not the best available, certainly not as contemporary as some, but there is a wealth of styles available on the web, some from Roland Brazil, some translations, etc., that can change the character of the instrument. Certainly, Roland's style editing tools make it the easiest of all arrangers to change something to the way YOU want it, rather than spending a fortune for a pretty much preset arranger that, because you'll want ALL your styles to be as good as the audio loop ones, you'll be at the mercy of the style providers to make what you want...

Have you heard a GW-8L (Latin) yet, Jose? How would you rate those styles?

#268787 - 08/13/09 02:04 AM Re: Share your experiences with Audya
Jose Pereira Offline

Hi Diki

Hey! I´m 5´4´´ too...
As I said, the G70 was my first choice at the time. Took the Tyros for the size and weight and several sounds that I liked more than the G70. Well, another bad decision of the past...
As I said, I use to have a G800 (heavy) then a G1000... man, that beast almost broke my spine. I only use it for 2 months. That was also the reason for not take the G70 the first time

I played the GW-8L. The latin styles are funny, to say the least. Real latin don´t sound like that in a real world. And the keyboard is simple put, a toy. I feelt that alomost broke when I played it.
And I want a 76 keys again. As I said, I think I´m a little obsessed for the Audya, and must play one for at least a month in order to know if it really suits me. As I said, i keep the Tyros, just in case...
Regards
JO

#268788 - 08/13/09 03:02 AM Re: Share your experiences with Audya
Diki Offline

Smart move, Jose. I have a feeling that the Audya will rock your world initially, but unless new audio styles are developed for it on a pretty continual basis, it could tire on you fairly quickly. I know I am always looking for fresh beats, even for tunes I already do...

Thanks for the GW8 impression. I am always looking for someone's experienced opinion about Latin beats (I use so few;(). Personally, I thought that the kits themselves (especially the Latin kits) had pretty good sounding drums and percussion, so perhaps it only remains for someone well versed in the genre to make styles for it, but yes, I also got the 'funny' feeling about many of the styles. If Roland hadn't cut so many corners in making it such a bargain basement arranger, and cut out the style editing tools, it might be fixable... But, as is, it's going to be a PITA for anyone not absolutely in love with the ROM styles...

Last suggestion to save your back... Have you tried an E60? 76 keys, 26 lbs. most of the good from the G70, and the editing tools from the TOTL models. And you could possibly buy three or four of them for what an Audya will cost!

Anyway, best of luck with the Audya. I have a feeling you will be one of those capable of giving us an unvarnished review of it without glossing over problems...

#268789 - 08/13/09 09:44 AM Re: Share your experiences with Audya
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Well my experience of the Audya is funny, given that i am more of a develloper
lately then a live player i care about certain things more then other people do.
I still havent had pleasure as on the PA50 or S900 yet...it still has a long way to
go. Firstly Audya has no SoundEdit at all, people might claim that but HELLO NO!
No way in hell there is a SoundEdit...oh yes i know, changing the speed of the
Delay or Flanger but i am talking bout SoundEdit which in my understanding is
waaaaaayyyyyyy different then what it is on an Audya.
Second, FX...no reason to get into talking...DOESNT HAVE ANY!!!
About Style Editing i just wont say nothing...

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online