SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#268570 - 08/02/09 06:02 PM Song for a Sunday Night
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hi Guys and Gals - well, I have been threatening to do it... and today I took the time to record a video of a song playing both the Tyros 2 and my sax (duet style)...

I heard a real nice rendition of the Beatles' song "Imagine" on YouTube, so my buddy and fellow Tyros player Pascal encouraged me to go ahead and try it. So today I turned on the camera and played the backing on the Tyros 2 and then recorded the lead on my sax. Here's the link if you would like to see how it turned out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TtpUDx0qPI

It is a beautiful song and the Tyros style I used added a nice laid back groove to it. Hope you all enjoy my rendition!

Happy Sunday night and have a great week!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#268571 - 08/02/09 06:40 PM Re: Song for a Sunday Night
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Randy .. that is BEAUTIFUL ... if I walked into a room and this was playing I would think some contemporary FM station was on the stereo ...
When I read your post I immediately thought 'soprano sax', but the tenor fit the song very well ... very nice backing on the Ty, and the video itself was well produced and 'artsy' ...
Thank you,
t.

#268572 - 08/02/09 06:44 PM Re: Song for a Sunday Night
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Randy, Wow, I'm blown away ( no pun intended ) Outstanding presentation!!

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 08-02-2009).]

#268573 - 08/02/09 07:01 PM Re: Song for a Sunday Night
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Randy, Out-of –sight. That has to the best sax I have heard in a very long time. The video is very professional, I can only say more – more -- more.

John C.

#268574 - 08/02/09 08:15 PM Re: Song for a Sunday Night
saxxman Offline

Guys - thank you, thank you, thank you (respectively!)! I do appreciate your listening and your comments. I have wanted to do a "double take" video with my keyboard and sax on it for quite some time, and today was the day. I had to struggle and learn a good bit about my movie editor (MAGIX V11) but I finally broke the code and even figured out how to "ghost myself" in the videos. It was a little painful for a while but in the end a worthwhile investment of my time.

I am using a cheapie camera (USB $10 version off Ebay) and the focus on it is not too good....but in my case, that's a good thing! HA HA.

Thanks again for checking it out and for your comments!

Randy

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#268575 - 08/02/09 11:20 PM Re: Song for a Sunday Night
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Nice one, Randy.

Destin in da' house!

#268576 - 08/03/09 07:26 AM Re: Song for a Sunday Night
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Super talent. Thanks for sharing.
DonM

#268577 - 08/03/09 08:34 AM Re: Song for a Sunday Night
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Randy, that stands right up there with most of the production in the smooth jazz field. It's is equal toi anything from Boney James and the like. I particularly like the quiet variation on the lead line.

And I MUCH prefer listening to this than ANY Beatles tribute band. I also liked the simple video cut and the image impositions.

Outstanding!

R.

#268578 - 08/07/09 07:11 AM Re: Song for a Sunday Night
saxxman Offline

Diki, Don and Russ - thanks guys for checking out the song and for your comments! It was a fun project. And Russ, I greatly appreciate your kindness and encouraging words! I also hope that you're nearing full recovery from your injuries during the incident a month or so ago. Thanks again and hope all of you have a great weekend!

Randy

#268579 - 08/07/09 11:07 AM Re: Song for a Sunday Night
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Randy - this is exceptional. I expect to hear this on my smooth jazz station any day now.

Only thing - when you said duet I thought you were going to do some kind of right hand left hand thing. this is much better.

Congrats on a job well done. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online