Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#268512 - 08/03/09 06:45 AM Re: One more Bose comment
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by saxxman:
Hi Guys - I know the hype on the Bose sure put a damper on the Podium Pro's...I know they were hot on here for a while...

The Bose looks like a great solution for a lot of situations. Thinkin' a little about one for myself for my 'trax n' sax' gigs...

Randy

Speaking of the Podiums, does anyone have a picture of a Podium setup? My CM-30s are fine, but I'd like a little more bass punch. I can add my EV 120b sub to the setup, but that's an extra trip in/out.

Also, I'd like to hear about the Tone Match mixer. Does it make a difference or does a regular mixer, like a Mackie w/EFX, do just as well?

#268513 - 08/03/09 06:48 AM Re: One more Bose comment
Dnj Offline

cass get the bose compact......when you need more bass add the power sub to the bose external output ..nuff said!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-03-2009).]

#268514 - 08/03/09 07:04 AM Re: One more Bose comment
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by saxxman:
Hi Guys - I know the hype on the Bose sure put a damper on the Podium Pro's...I know they were hot on here for a while...

The Bose looks like a great solution for a lot of situations. Thinkin' a little about one for myself for my 'trax n' sax' gigs...

Randy

In the next couple of weeks I have two jobs that require both the Compacts and the Podiums. I will have the Compacts and Audya set up at my usual 6:30 p.m. job, and take the Podiums and E50 to retirement home parties that run 3:00 to 5:00.
That way I don't have to be setting up equipment in front of early dining customers.
DonM

#268515 - 08/03/09 08:30 AM Re: One more Bose comment
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
The Bose was tight and the bass was surprisingly strong. Bill also uses a ToneMatch module for his setup, which he says really makes a big difference

I'll vouch for the significant sound improvement the ToneMatch provides. I had one with my Bose Compact. I returned it, but it was a close call.

Glenn

#268516 - 08/03/09 11:35 AM Re: One more Bose comment
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
But, once again, $500 for a four channel mixer/effects unit seems well, a bit steep considering you could buy a twelve channel, 2X300W self powered mixer with effects and four channel compressors, for about the same money http://www.zzounds.com/item--YAMEMX312SC .

Once again, not putting the Tonematch down, just pointing out alternatives for the less well heeled amongst us

#268517 - 08/03/09 02:13 PM Re: One more Bose comment
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I tried a Tonematch, and found it worked great, but not any better for my purposes than a $150. mixer.
If you work several various venues than require different e.q.s, or work with different makeup of band members, then the Tonematch would be good to save the "Scenes". One push recalls everything just the way you had it last time.
I once had a big 'ol Yamaha high-dollar mixer with automated sliders than did that. It was overpriced too!
DonM

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online