SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#268346 - 07/30/09 07:21 AM Editing mp3
zuki Offline

I plan to record my ENTIRE hour performance on a usb stick through my PA800 on board mp3 player. Question: What is the best software (free?) to edit? Can it be done? Thanks.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#268347 - 07/30/09 09:01 AM Re: Editing mp3
Anonymous
Unregistered

#268348 - 07/30/09 09:06 AM Re: Editing mp3
zuki Offline

Thanks Sea......

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#268349 - 07/30/09 02:23 PM Re: Editing mp3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Jim,

I'm guessing this is in an effort to get better audio for your videos as per DonM's comment. Does your video camera have external mic inputs? That would be the way to go if possible. You would probably need to use a small mixer to match proper levels from the keyboard into the video camera but shouldn't be a big deal.

On the other hand, if you record the video with your little camera and the audio with the PA800, as long as you don't stop or pause either one throughout the whole performance, it would be fairly simple to import the files into a video editor and match the audio to the video. Then I could chop it into individual cuts if you like. I have Vegas Pro 8 video/audio editing software and would be happy to help you with this. I could even make a short video demo and author it to DVD that you could copy and hand out to prospects.

Then again this may not involve video at all, so... never mind.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band
The Modulators

#268350 - 07/30/09 02:46 PM Re: Editing mp3
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Hi Jim,
On the other hand, if you record the video with your little camera and the audio with the PA800, as long as you don't stop or pause either one throughout the whole performance, it would be fairly simple to import the files into a video editor and match the audio to the video. Then I could chop it into individual cuts if you like. I have Vegas Pro 8 video/audio editing software and would be happy to help you with this. I could even make a short video demo and author it to DVD that you could copy and hand out to prospects.

Then again this may not involve video at all, so... never mind.

Best Regards,

Dave

This is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish, but your last line threw me

Thx, Jim

#268351 - 07/30/09 11:53 PM Re: Editing mp3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think Frankieve went the Zoom recorder and replace the camcorder sound in a video editor route when he was trying to get better audio for the Audya demos he did, zuki.

Maybe you could get in touch with him for some insight in how to do this... The problem with camcorder audio, even IF you have line-ins (fairly rare), is that there is usually some crappy compressor/leveler that screws the sound up anyway that is often impossible to disengage.

#268352 - 07/31/09 04:03 AM Re: Editing mp3
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Slight hijack but I'd recommend Vegas to anyone for video editing

#268353 - 08/02/09 07:25 PM Re: Editing mp3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
This is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish, but your last line threw me

Thx, Jim

I only meant that if my assumption was incorrect that you were intending on using the mp3 to replace the poor audio of a video track, then never mind what I was saying. But since that is your intention, I'd be happy to help out. I do think that it would be better to record the audio to an external device as opposed to recording directly into the PA800 during a live performance. I have an M-Audio MicroTrack that I have used for this purpose and it works great. On the other hand, what I did for all of the online video demos that I created while at Generalmusic was to send the audio of the keyboard and voice-over mic (in your case the vocal is coming through the keyboard), to a mixer. The audio of the mixer was fed into my video deck along with the video output of my camera. This way the audio and video were already in sync on the digital video tape and I simply had to transfer that into my computer and edit the video down to the sections I wanted to include in the final product. Then burn it to DVD, adding menus and so forth if desired.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band
The Modulators

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online