http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/sremix/index.htm

(no period after the url)

Regards
Jørgen

#268120 - 08/04/09 01:55 AM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Software at SVPworld is written by Michael Bedesem.

Software at my site ( http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha ) is written by me!

Regards
Jørgen

#268121 - 08/04/09 01:57 AM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
joso Offline

Hi

The software for converting Tyros 3 styles to older models is: "Style Format 2 Converter" at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/sf2c/index.htm

Regards
Jørgen

#268122 - 08/04/09 05:58 AM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by joso:
Hi

The software for converting Tyros 3 styles to older models is: "Style Format 2 Converter" at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/sf2c/index.htm

Regards
Jørgen

Thanks Jorgen so much for the hard work you do programming these great utilities. I think a donation pitch is in order if you use this man's software. I better donate something myself while I'm at it.

I assume that the S910 will be using the Style Format 2. According to Jorgen's description of his converter software, it doesn't convert the T3 styles perfectly, and additional tweaks are needed.

I am excited that, with the S910, I will be able to play some of the T3 styles. The conversions that I have heard so far have been lousy. They were probably converted with an older version of Jorgen's software and not tweaked.

Beakybird

#268123 - 08/04/09 10:49 AM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
joso Offline

Hi

As I state at the web site the converted styles will most probably need some tweaking. The converter software only do it TECHNICALLY possible to run T3 styles at older models.

As styles often is optimized to a specific keyboard model, the MUSICAL adaption to other models must be done manually.

Regards
Jørgen

#268124 - 08/05/09 09:27 PM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Jorgen,

Don't be so modest now. Without your software, we would still be dreaming of one day being able to play the T3 styles on our older models. You did a splendid job in making it possible and any other tweaking that needs to be done is a minor price to pay for the results achieved.

Thank you so much for your hard work & dedication,
Henni

#268125 - 08/15/09 09:48 AM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
This is really weird. They advertise about a new keyboard price, but don't let us know the overall specifications of the same product. People get too excited expecting a huge upgrade from the S-900, but all this suspense is to get us motivated to go for the upgrade.
They say, oh this new one can play mp3 now. I already do that with my S-900. And some of the Tyros 3 styles I was craving about it I got them already, which are the AniFantasy, BlockBuster, Ethereal Movie and a few others. The rest is to heavy for my taste. Anyway, if there aren't any of those new Super Articulation 2 Voices like Ballad Clarinet, Irish Pipes, or Harmonica/Blues Harp, will the upgrade from the Psr-S900 really worth it? Let's wait and see. Cheers, Telmo.

------------------

#268126 - 08/15/09 11:30 AM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well Telmo, it's not due until October (don't recall them saying early or late Oct), so it could be up to twelve weeks before it hits the market. I don't recall any great detail on the T3 until it was actually shipped. Remember the 'teaser' campaign on that until it shipped?

And, while it may not have the SA2 voices from the T3, it certainly has more SA voices from the T2, and, IMO more importantly, the new Guitar Mode style format, so T3 styles should be even MORE easier to import (they are one of the major roadblocks to T3 import, right now).

There's also a major addition to the available effects, which ought to make a fair difference, too. Oh, and while you could PLAY MP3's on the S900, you couldn't record them. If your stick is already pretty full of MP3's for break music or backing tracks, being able to record in MP3 might make the difference between recording and not recording yourself all the time (not to mention speeding up transfer times to the computer).

The new display ought to make a difference for those that complained that getting the best angle on the S900's screen involved a lot of leaning in (or tilting the whole thing back), too.

If you already have an S900, MAYBE it won't be worth the change (depending on what used S900's go for), but this looks like a no-brainer for any other PSR user out there.

Heck, I'm even tempted myself...

#268127 - 08/15/09 12:13 PM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Oh, and while you could PLAY MP3's on the S900, you couldn't record them.

Just a little correction, my friend...the S900 records in Wav (to a Flashdrive) and will only play back Wav.

The S910 will also record Wav in the same way, and playback in that format as well, but it will also play MP3...you can convert Wav to MP3 very easily on your PC.

I'm not quite sure I will actually buy an S910...as of now, I own no keyboards...the S900, and the Tyros3 are here courtesy of Yamaha and my sample account...I've since sold the P85 and trying to decide what to replace it with, as it no longer matters if the instrument is portable. All my personal gigs are arranger based, so I don't need the piano, except for my own use in keeping my chops up to scratch. I may consider getting a CVP when the new 5-series is introduced in the new year.

It's nice to see the S910 is using the new guitar format in the styles and will have quite a few more SA1 voices, and, the new screen will also be a welcome addition for some.

Surely, it will attract PSR-3000 users more than those that have an S900.

#268128 - 08/15/09 01:20 PM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Telmo:
They say, oh this new one can play mp3 now. I already do that with my S-900.

Whoops... I keep thinking that S900 users actually know what they are talking about. My bad for repeating this misinformation.

Mind you, is it me, or has some information been REMOVED from the S910 pages? Seems like I remember more from last visit...

Also, tough to tell EXACTLY what they mean by 'USB audio recording and playback of MP3 files'. (You gotta love their legal department ) Do they mean USB audio 'recording and playback' of MP3 files, or do they mean 'USB audio recording... (of .WAV), and playback of MP3 files' ?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online