SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#268099 - 07/24/09 05:31 PM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
But $4500 for MAP on the T3? In THIS economy? Heck, it makes the Audya not look as overblown as it first appeared...

Anyone care to say what they payed (ballpark, and you don't have to say from whom) for their T3, and then we'll start to see just how big that jump is (or how desperate to unload them many dealers are ) to the new price. Heck, I thought I got raped when I had to pay $3500 for my G70 when it first came out... But a grand MORE for a 61? Sorry, but that's plain absurd

Thanks for the Guitar info, Ian... any chance of an A/B of the same chord structure played on S900 and T3? Just the guitar track, nothing else (you know, just like what Ketron refuse to post with the Audya!). Chuck in some of those 'weird' chords just for fun (you know, sus4, aug's and dim's )...

#268100 - 07/25/09 06:51 AM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
Beakybird Offline

I wanted to edit my previous message, but ended up replying to it. Oops

[This message has been edited by Beakybird (edited 07-25-2009).]

#268101 - 07/25/09 06:58 AM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
With that change in price for the T3 the new S-910 is going to be a bargain too. Why in the world did Yamaha jack the price like that. What I don't understand is while all the other companies (such as Roland and Korg) who release a board.., it sits on the market for a minute then the PRICES DROP! Hell.., the Fanton G just had a $300 price drop.. Korg's offering huge rebates on some of the PA models too.

While Yamaha takes gear that's been out for some time.., and RAISES prices! Saying Yamaha knows what they're doing here doesn't apply. You can paint it any color you want.., but GREED is what slaps you in the face with all these Yammie price jacks.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#268102 - 07/25/09 08:33 AM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Don't buy a Yammie for a while (especially a T3 at that crazy price) and watch what happens! (The whole world would have to do this)

Lee S.

#268103 - 07/25/09 12:23 PM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
jpapas Offline

Loc: Somewhere in CA
Yamaha greedy? really? Hell yeah! Look at what they did with the new S series display. And the T3, they release it with just a few SA2 voices and then they charge you extra dough for additional ones.
I love Yamaha, but I'm gonna stop buying their products.

#268104 - 07/25/09 07:08 PM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I haven't really kept up, but I assume the value of the U.S. dollar against "foreign" currencies is the primary reason for the higher prices from all the manufacturers.
DonM

#268105 - 07/25/09 07:17 PM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
squeak_D Offline

I don't know Don.., the other companies (despite the current value in currency) are "dropping" prices. Both Roland and Korg are now under-selling Yammies Motif XS. Korg is offering good rebates on some of the PA's too.

Yamaha takes models that have been out for a while (without offering any real new features or incentives and BAM jacks the price on ya).

Makes me wonder if Yamaha is also hoping the jack in the Tyros price will boost sales for the PSR-S910 (clearly making it look like one HELL of a bargain against the pricing of the Tyros).

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 07-25-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#268106 - 07/26/09 05:51 AM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Thanks, George...

for taking the time to provide this information. I look forward to a "hands-on" tire kickin' session on these two. Your efforts are appreciated.

Dave Rice
http://www.ShowCaseYourMusic.com/DaveRice

#268107 - 07/26/09 10:19 AM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
Beakybird Offline

What I don't understand is why cell phones, laptops, and digital cameras are exploding with new technology while Yamaha is implementing ideas so slowly.

Mp3s have been around for years now, and they finally add an mp3 player?

You can get 4gb of flash memory for less than $10. Why does Yamaha give their S910 just 1.4mb???

Also, I was hoping not to wait 20 years before I get the Talk on/off button back that was on the PSR-740. Why doesn't Yamaha make it so that buttons B, C, or E in the main menu, buttons that have no function whatsoever in that menu, turn talk on and off. They could use buttons B, C, and E to turn on and off Talk, Vocal Harmonizer, and Vocal Effects.

There is so much new technology in sampling with larger and larger samples with greater detail. Why are individual voices measured in kilobytes instead of gigabytes?

Also, it would be nice and would be profitable for Yamaha to create a multi-footswitch unit with say, 5 or 7 footswitches, maybe with a volume pedal that could plug in the back of the keyboard via usb.

I think this is going to be a pretty good board, but given that this is 2009, I think a lot of the technology Yamaha is delivering is behind the times.

Beakybird

#268108 - 07/26/09 11:18 AM Re: Now Official Prices for PSR910 +PSR710
squeak_D Offline

That's how it is in the keyboard market. It's not just Yamaha either. All the makers do this to keep their production costs down. They save money by using older technology yet we still get charged the "ground-breaking price".

They hold back on some features for a reason too. It's to keep their existing customer base (and gathering new customers along the way). Give you a taste.., but not too much because.., well they gotta sell that next model too.

It's unacceptable what ALL of the keyboard makers are doing with today's keyboards in regards to using very old and dated technology. Sure you get some bang for the buck.., but for Pete's sake a modern cellphone today has more processing power than some keyboards and they're a hell of a lot cheaper.

The keyboard makers don't get hounded too much for it.., but honestly how many of us actually crack open our keyboards (after the warranty is up) to see what they're "really" putting in there

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online