SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#267931 - 07/24/09 10:00 AM Re: S-910 and S-710 Vid up on the Tube.
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi,

Not putting the S910 down in any way. I just expected, just as the PSR3000 is a baby T1, the S900 a baby T2, that the S910 would be a baby T3. Slightly disppointed that it's not. Not critisizing it at all, I just expected more. Would be silly to buy and next year the S950 comes out being the actual baby T3 at the same price as the S910.

My brother has the S900, so I have played with it a bit.

Keep well,
Henni

"I thought the S900 already blew away the 3000. With this new keyboard you would be getting tons of styles that simply won't sound the same on the PSR3000. I don't know what your needs are or your budget, but you should at least try the S910 out before you conclude that it's pretty much the same as what you got. Or maybe you tried out a T2 and made that conclusion already.

Beakybird"

#267932 - 07/24/09 10:11 AM Re: S-910 and S-710 Vid up on the Tube.
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
It's not at all shocking to me if it's not a baby T3. Remember Yamaha sometimes does this. There was the same issue with the PSR-2000 and PSR-2100. The next model will probably be more like a baby T3.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#267933 - 07/24/09 10:39 AM Re: S-910 and S-710 Vid up on the Tube.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by geosync:
1: The sounds are SA sounds since the new engine is based on the Tyros 2. There are 38 new Super Articulation Voices. The new voices are taken from the Tyros 2 and Tyros 3. At this point, the SA2 voices are reserved for our flagship Tyros 3.

2: Yes. it uses the new SFF GE the same as Tyros 3. there is also new effects and styles for the guitar.

I am still somewhat confused by this. If the new SA voices are taken from T2 AND T3, wouldn't they (at least the T3 ones) include SA2? Or are there SA1 voices in the T3 that the T2 doesn't have? And what, exactly, is the difference between SA1 and SA2 other than those buttons?

Oh, and for all you calling this merely a baby T2, don't discount the importance of the T3's new Guitar NTT's and effects. To be honest, this looks like a deciding factor for me. I can live without an Irish Bagpipe (got a fairly decent one in the G70, anyway ), but better guitar voicing is a strong plus...

BTW, I agree that Yamaha have done a VERY poor job of providing sufficient on board memory and the right kinds of external storage. My so-called 'long in the tooth' G70 (and all the other E series arrangers) have a SSHD on board (admittedly, the E50/60's is not much bigger than the factory ROM styles and UPG's) and a recessed Card slot (does it really MATTER what kind it is, so long as it works? ) that can accommodate up to 4GB cards. All of which is addressed by the Registrations with no regard to source. You can have tens of thousands of styles instantly (no load up time) available at your fingertips ..

This SHOULD be the norm. Why it isn't beats me. Oh, and on the GW-8/Prelude's, and on the Juno series, even Roland understand that a USB pen drive sticking out is a recipe for damage or theft, and provide a recessed, closeable section to put your pen drive in and keep it safe.

If I were you, I'd be making noise about this NOW. When (or if ) I get a Yamaha, you can be sure I will!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online