SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#267747 - 07/19/09 12:12 PM Re: PSR-S910 & S710 info
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thanks for the information, George, and it is really good to know the PSR-S910 will have SA2 voices....looking better all the time.

#267748 - 07/19/09 02:30 PM Re: PSR-S910 & S710 info
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So is this Yamaha's new policy, George? Raise MSRP, but keep MAP the same, to give customers the erroneous impression they are getting a greater bargain?

Surely their product line stands up without these cheap flim flam marketing tricks..? Or are we being set up so that the dealers can raise prices on us at whim (or when they smell a less savvy customer)?

But at least, thanks to you, we are aware what is happening, and our thanks go out to you for being frank with us. And it IS interesting to see that the SA2 voices have been reworked to function without those stupid buttons. I always felt that having to run to these all the time interrupts normal playing technique, especially for an arranger player whose LH is already tied up inputting chords and making variation and fill functions. Perhaps these new triggering modes can be added to the T3 as an update?

Steve Demming... you reading this?

#267749 - 07/19/09 03:03 PM Re: PSR-S910 & S710 info
jwyvern Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
And it IS interesting to see that the SA2 voices have been reworked to function without those stupid buttons. I always felt that having to run to these all the time interrupts normal playing technique, especially for an arranger player whose LH is already tied up inputting chords and making variation and fill functions. Perhaps these new triggering modes can be added to the T3 as an update?

I don't see any evidence that the SA2's are reworked. As George says above:
"However, just like the Tyros3, the voices react differently to your playing style and produce those amazing articulations when played with just the keys and not having to use the two buttons".

I can confirm you are able to cause articulations via how you play on Ty3 already - although not all (but then the missing good ones you should be able to play yourself ).
They might just leave the buttons off the PSR full stop.
On Ty3 the buttons are additionally assignable to pedals and it's not clear whether that facility is retained on the PSR. If it is all articulations will still be available via foot.

John

#267750 - 07/19/09 04:04 PM Re: PSR-S910 & S710 info
Beakybird Offline

So does anyone know the breakdown of the 295 new voices?

How many Cool!, Sweet!, Live!, S.A., S.A.2, etc?

Beakybird

#267751 - 07/19/09 09:26 PM Re: PSR-S910 & S710 info
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
So is this Yamaha's new policy, George? Raise MSRP, but keep MAP the same, to give customers the erroneous impression they are getting a greater bargain?

Surely their product line stands up without these cheap flim flam marketing tricks..? Or are we being set up so that the dealers can raise prices on us at whim (or when they smell a less savvy customer)?

But at least, thanks to you, we are aware what is happening, and our thanks go out to you for being frank with us. And it IS interesting to see that the SA2 voices have been reworked to function without those stupid buttons. I always felt that having to run to these all the time interrupts normal playing technique, especially for an arranger player whose LH is already tied up inputting chords and making variation and fill functions. Perhaps these new triggering modes can be added to the T3 as an update?

The T3 Already has keyboard implemented articulation of SA2 voices...for example to get the "roll up" of the sax (or clarinet etc) you just press the octave higher or lower while still holding the base key and no button push needed....Also there are three foot controllers which can be assigned to the SA2 articulations.....
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#267752 - 07/20/09 07:48 AM Re: PSR-S910 & S710 info
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
George...please check to see if the SA 2 voice buttons functions are available via foot pedals on the S910.

Thanks,
Lee S.

#267753 - 07/20/09 08:11 AM Re: PSR-S910 & S710 info
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I'm betting the S910 has only two pedal inputs, so if you're using one for sustain, then you will only be able to control one function of SA2.

I very rarely use the SA buttons on the Tyros3...usually only when multi-track recording...just the player's playing technique alone can work wonders with SA2 (and SA1) as far as expression.

#267754 - 07/20/09 10:34 AM Re: PSR-S910 & S710 info
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
The T3 Already has keyboard implemented articulation of SA2 voices...for example to get the "roll up" of the sax (or clarinet etc) you just press the octave higher or lower while still holding the base key and no button push needed....Also there are three foot controllers which can be assigned to the SA2 articulations.....

Are you saying then that ALL the SA2 articulations can be performed without the buttons or footpedals as well as with them? This certainly does not seem to be the case from what I have seen of the Yamaha demonstrations. You have to remember, there is no multi pedal input on the PSR's, and there will be no SA2 buttons, and yet they have managed to put SA2 sounds in there (which, from all demos from Yamaha, seem to need them)....

If the PSR has SA2 sounds, but no controllers, it seems evident that Yamaha have found a way to trigger the articulations the same way the T2 did... from your playing, not from foot or hand gymnastics. All I was saying is that if Yamaha have figured out this, might it not be added to the T3's OS?

#267755 - 07/20/09 10:38 AM Re: PSR-S910 & S710 info
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
Well, if the newest S910 may have the same MAP price of the the current PSR 900, what's gonna happen to the price of the S900?? The S900 is being sold on e-bay, brandnew in box. Will its price drop because of the S910??

#267756 - 07/20/09 10:57 AM Re: PSR-S910 & S710 info
Diki Offline

And, I'm still a bit confused... If MAP hasn't changed, then dealer cost hasn't changed. If dealer cost hasn't changed, why is MSRP changing?

I smell a price hike, guys...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online